Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193377 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:50:28 »

Colin's record isn't a whole lot better than Lingy's, ....we haven't paid compensation for a new boss since taking Bobby Smith from Bury in 78.

If we avoid the drop, then he'll have done a very good job, all 3 of our ex players who've managed have got us relegated....obviously he can't change the basic premise underpining the style of play, and like Cooper he can have some input into recruitment....Hylton and Michael Smith were both Cooper picks...the Brighton lads...Williams.

I was interested in the talk of a scout coming in, because clearly it's recruitment that has gone wrong this season....the alarm bells started ringing for me with the Francophone players coming in....why?

Last season one of the features seemed to be a good team spirit, engendered by a group of a similar age and type. That seems to have fragmented badly this season....

Lings win ratio is roughly (i cannot be bothered to work out entirely) 36.34% (and one promotion to league 1)

Calderwoods win ratio is apparently 42.18% (and that takes account of a god awful spell at Hibs without that its c.45%) and has achieved one promotion to league one and then one promotion to Championship.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:52:01 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:51:34 »

Oh do put your Napoleonic Wars to bed Reg. Robert has been the most promising recruitment of the summer.
Indeed I blame Margaret Thatcher
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:56:14 »

Oh do put your Napoleonic Wars to bed Reg. Robert has been the most promising recruitment of the summer.
Seconded. Clearly a cut above anybody else on the field whenever he's played imo.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:59:02 »

I'll back the guy as he he is manager of my club - is he what I expected ? No, is he what I think we need ? No, but like everyone else I will give him my backing and hope he can turn our form around, although not sure how not getting involved with the coaching will help our form.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #904 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:03:21 »

A quote from a Cambridge Utd fan

'I should point out the last two things are things he said about us whilst employed here. Don't think there's any malice in my words, more genuine concern. 

Lee Power channelled money out of our club and left us with several, noose like, contracts which were either completely fudged or at "highly preferential rates" to his own companies, whilst conveniently spending money that wasn't actually there. It took us years, and nearly everything we had to recover.

Ling is probably the single most disliked manager we've had. The football ranged from poor to abysmal, whilst the investments to his side went from "alright to substantial" and he just dragged us further and further down. The excuses ranged from the sublime to this ridiculous, but it took us two seasons of playing pretty much nothing but youth players for two seasons to clean up his mess.

I don't have anything against him, just some of his actions. In fact, I'd go as far to say that since he left us, I do quite admire how he has spoken out about mental illness. However, he was a dreadful, and disrespectful manager, and him with Power overseeing it? Ho hum.

As for us, we're fine chap, just relieved he won't end up back here.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:07:34 »

Whilst an admirer of the contribution made by the French, in the realms of food, arts, maths, science and philosophy....I'm less enamoured of their contribution to politics and Div 2/3 STFC footballers.
kaufman

« Reply #906 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:14:43 »

If you speak to Orient fans, on the whole they love him. It doesn't always work out.
I'm interested to see how for the first time under Power's regime we have a Manager and a Coach who know their roles and are happy with that.
Same couldn't be said for Cooper and Kmac

I'll just leave this here.

cambridgeunited

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:15:33 »

...God help you all.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:16:38 »

...God help you all.

Thanks.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #909 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:17:50 »

If you speak to Orient fans, on the whole they love him.

Torquay fans have a lot of time for him as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:33:38 »

...God help you all.

Couldn't afford Hoddle, so Ling will have to do.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:45:40 »

Who was the Cambridge manager who had the team that sent the ball into orbit for most of the match?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:47:02 »

Beck wasn't it? Played the same way at Histon when they beat us in the cup.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:49:28 »

Didn't they have a big lad up front,  Taylor?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 13:50:20 »

Ha, I'd forgotten Cambridge had a football club.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: