Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193398 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:53:52 »

Ling was a star on the 92/93 team, personally my player of the season. He was manager of Orient when they relegated Oxford to non league. That's a better cv than most have when they start here.😊

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:57:03 »

I thought exactly the same

Yes

Including from people who I thought were intelligent enough to know better.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:01:29 »

Right I can exclusively reveal that Martin Ling is our new manager. 

Sauce - Fanzai. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Sir red ken

« Reply #888 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:14:22 »

I'm not surprised by this appointment he was available, cheap and there was no compensation to pay to another club.
I normally sure whether I like the new manager or not, however I feel this is a Danny Wilson style appointment. We may get a bounce and just avoid the drop (I doubt that) but moving forward, well I can't see it myself. Will he be able to change the style of play? can he sign reinforcements? what happens if the loosing run continues, i.e we get to Jan rock bottom and no chance of survival? As a past player I'd like to wish him well but Colin Calderwood type manager is what we need at the moment.
Stevens

« Reply #889 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:17:02 »

I'm not surprised by this appointment he was available, cheap and there was no compensation to pay to another club.

I normally sure whether I like the new manager or not, however I feel this is a Danny Wilson style appointment. We may get a bounce and just avoid the drop (I doubt that) but moving forward, well I can't see it myself. Will he be able to change the style of play? can he sign reinforcements? what happens if the loosing run continues, i.e we get to Jan rock bottom and no chance of survival? As a past player I'd like to wish him well but Colin Calderwood type manager is what we need at the moment.

So that makes good business sense, yes?
Panda Paws

« Reply #890 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:23:20 »

Like every other appointment we've made in living memory?

Will he be able to change the style of play?

Why would he need to?

Can he sign reinforcements?

For the millionth time, it wouldn't be him doing the recruiting and those who do have proved over their tenure that they're pretty darn good at it, although this year's may be a bit of a mixed bunch at the moment.

Colin Calderwood type manager is what we need at the moment.

Just no.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:27:14 »

Is this a wind up?

Colin Calderwood?

I'm so done.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:34:29 »

It's not only the adver site, some of the comments on Facebook are just so 'special'. i particularly like the one who stated 'It's my opinion and I won't change it', after just ripping into Lingy before a fucking ball's been kicked. He may be right and the appointment might be a disaster, but to attack the new manager on the day he's appointed is just wrong (Unless we had appointed Steve Evans, or some other horrible cunt) but to state he's not willing to change his opinion.... What, ever? What about if Ling works miracles?

I know this has been done to death, but we must have some of the most negative, miserable, moany fans of any club.

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:34:55 »

Is this a wind up?

Colin Calderwood?

I'm so done.

Cobblers.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:37:34 »

Colin's record isn't a whole lot better than Lingy's, ....we haven't paid compensation for a new boss since taking Bobby Smith from Bury in 78.

If we avoid the drop, then he'll have done a very good job, all 3 of our ex players who've managed have got us relegated....obviously he can't change the basic premise underpining the style of play, and like Cooper he can have some input into recruitment....Hylton and Michael Smith were both Cooper picks...the Brighton lads...Williams.

I was interested in the talk of a scout coming in, because clearly it's recruitment that has gone wrong this season....the alarm bells started ringing for me with the Francophone players coming in....why?

Last season one of the features seemed to be a good team spirit, engendered by a group of a similar age and type. That seems to have fragmented badly this season....
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:40:30 »

Lingy was my fav player when I was like 8/9, There is a part of me thats a bit excited actually, I dont think he will set the world on fire, but I think he may surprise a few of the doubters.

Skinny Pete

« Reply #896 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:40:38 »

Not recruitment, Reg. Fucking injuries to those recruited.

Let's see what happens when they are all available.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:44:02 »

Lingy was my fav player when I was like 8/9, There is a part of me thats a bit excited actually, I dont think he will set the world on fire, but I think he may surprise a few of the doubters.

I had the same affection for Iffy, for the same reasons. I hope this goes better.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:44:28 »

Colin's record isn't a whole lot better than Lingy's, ....we haven't paid compensation for a new boss since taking Bobby Smith from Bury in 78.

If we avoid the drop, then he'll have done a very good job, all 3 of our ex players who've managed have got us relegated....obviously he can't change the basic premise underpining the style of play, and like Cooper he can have some input into recruitment....Hylton and Michael Smith were both Cooper picks...the Brighton lads...Williams.

I was interested in the talk of a scout coming in, because clearly it's recruitment that has gone wrong this season....the alarm bells started ringing for me with the Francophone players coming in....why?

Last season one of the features seemed to be a good team spirit, engendered by a group of a similar age and type. That seems to have fragmented badly this season....

Oh do put your Napoleonic Wars to bed Reg. Robert has been the most promising recruitment of the summer.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 12:44:34 »

Not recruitment, Reg. Fucking injuries to those recruited.

Let's see what happens when they are all available.
Indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: