Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193398 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:38:44 »

Yep I don't disagree with many of the thoughts, but time to get behind him and the team and get out of this horrible mess were in.

Absolutely!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:40:07 »

Leigh Barnyard? FFS

Reg is spot on.  3 or 4 Lee Barnard's in the team and we probably wouldn't set the world on fire but we also wouldn't get relegated.

The 'fans' who booed him at the start of the first championship season were morons.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:43:43 »

He was never in my top ten in the team on matchday's.. but he did do a job most of the time. You knew that you would always get effort if little skill.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:50:15 »

His first spell, was short, and concluded by the classic 2-6 defeat, under Macari, to Blackpool at the CG.  Lou fired out Lingy, David Cole and Kenny Allen, and we went up.

From 4-0 down at half time we at least showed a bit of spirit, with Leigh Barnard showing the way with a brace, he's the sort of player we'll need to get out of the shit.
Remember the match, but can't recall Lingy at all. But then his style of play and Macari's were hardly compatible....

I remember the fans briefly getting on the backs of the players - a few jeers and even cries of "What a load of rubbish" (those were the days, eh....) from a few but the fans really got behind them in the second half and that seemed to inspire them. I also remember Mayes getting one of the Blackpool goals...much to the delight of the Town End  Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:52:56 »

The one ray of hope I have, is that Crewe came up with us from Div 4, and each of the 3 seasons since, have looked likely to drop back again, but have survived by presumably sticking to their young player, passing philosophy.

No doubt we'll stick with ours now, so it can be done, despite conventional wisdom calling for muck and nettles football.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 10:55:12 »

I'm hoping he'll be really motivated to prove a point after his time out of the game. If he can deliver on these words he'll be a perfect fit:

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:04:25 »

He probably knows Albert though......oh
He'll know Curly for sure!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:11:34 »

A few of us are hoping to do a little display in the DRS to welcome Lingy back to the CG. We have got a plan to get it going, just people & a bit of money* to buy stuff would be good.

We're using this as a good reason to help push the team on and keep the atmosphere's as good as they have been for the last 2 or 3 games.

Donate here gofund.me/stfcdisplays or ask me for a PayPal address to send any money to. We still have stickers available, so if you want some, just ask for them Smiley.

* Yeah, har har, here's JayBox325 asking for a hand-out again! There, I've taken the piss so now you don't have to! Smiley

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:14:28 »

Donate here gofund.me/stfcdisplays or ask me for a PayPal address to send any money to. We still have stickers available, so if you want some, just ask for them Smiley.

What do they stickers look like ?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:18:55 »

Having had depression doesn't mean you are unable to deal with pressure.

Jesus Christ I knew Town fans in general are thick as fuck but the level of ignorance is frightening.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:19:32 »

Best of luck to Ling, hope it works out for us and him.

SuperBosnian

« Reply #881 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:20:42 »

I've suffered with depression and to be honest I think it makes you able to deal with more pressure if you've come out the other side.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:50:01 »

What do they stickers look like ?

It's the first batch, so I'm still learning how best to design them for the size/shape, but I think they came out nicely.

https://twitter.com/TownEndDisplays/status/647459946615951362

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:51:11 »

Quite a number of comments on the Adver site are very 'special'

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015, 11:52:04 »

Having had depression doesn't mean you are unable to deal with pressure.

Jesus Christ I knew Town fans in general are thick as fuck but the level of ignorance is frightening.

I thought exactly the same
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: