Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193408 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 15:47:50 »

Is Aljofree still involved in football?

Fuck that twat
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:40:59 »

Good luck with that. He doesn't come across as someone who takes well to criticism or even an opposing point of view, in fact he seems remarkably thin-skinned for all the bluster. e.g. the "media ban" stuff.

Maybe, contrary to all the assumptions that Cooper was just a frontman/cipher and Williams was the real backroom genius, the breakdown in the relationship came because Cooper stood up to Power and said "Look, this isn't working" and Williams was the Power yes man?

....and that is exactly why we will struggle this seaso.
We are in a battle and we need to come out fighting.....and we won't.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:44:45 »

Not sure he was involved in football when he was here even... did a good line in offering out entire stands of away fans, but football naaah

Fans that had been giving him abuse....and had a pop at him for heaven forbid - clearing the ball into touch whilst we were defending

The prick.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 18:20:53 »

Is Aljofree still involved in football?
A coach in the youth set up at Manchester United I believe. I will be in the minority, however I thought he was a decent defender for most of his time with us.

In regards to the current vacancy, Derry and Ling would be atrocious appointments on the face of things.

I would not be adverse to Wally Downes, that would leave me more confident of a defensive improvement. On another note, I would like to know what Dennis Wise is up to, I would welcome a return for him.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 18:30:10 »

Felt he was an ok defender for the level BUT clearly demotivated and only after one last pay day.

Still remember he scoffing burgers on the side of the pitch at Hampton and Richmond in a Pre Season friendly while 'injured'.

And, during a league game, while also 'injured' necking beers in the Members Lounge before and after the match.

Not really the best example to be setting when you are one of the seniors pros.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 21:24:53 »

I had a laugh on the way home last night when some genius suggested to BBC Wilts that Colin Calderwood's appointment would add 2,000 to the gate every week!
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 22:41:20 »

I had a laugh on the way home last night when some genius suggested to BBC Wilts that Colin Calderwood's appointment would add 2,000 to the gate every week!
Why?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 22:47:14 »

Why?

It was said in a very high pitched voice..

Clems Army!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 22:51:53 »

Why?

Because he's Colin Calderwood.  He's not that big time.  Sure he was an extremely important player for us but his managerial record is average and just not that charismatic.   
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:52:20 »

Calderwood may well add 2k per match if he is selected (assuming he applies), the reason my have something to do with attendances at his point of appointment. Seriously there would be some lift off at the start and a bigger increase in traction if he is sucessful. We won't get Calderwood so not to worry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:02:23 »

no ex player is going to add anything like 2k.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #386 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:44:07 »

There's only one person that would add substantially to attendances.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:45:28 »

no ex player is going to add anything like 2k.

Ruddock would certainly add a few K's.. of a sort.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #388 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:54:52 »

Difficult as it is to understand LP sometimes, when he says he's interviewing 4-5 candidates that fit his criteria (one of which is a previous link to the club), does he really mean that ALL candidates have been previously linked to the club?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:58:03 »

Because he's Colin Calderwood.  He's not that big time.  Sure he was an extremely important player for us but his managerial record is average and just not that charismatic.   

Colin is my second favourite Town player in 50+ years of viewing, but his time for managing us is passed.

I want a managerial virgin.  Could Darren Ward be our Eddie Howe?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: