Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193396 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 22:09:09 »

Keith Hill would be a great appointment, he plays attractive football on a low budget. Although I doubt he'd want to work under Power's regime.

Plus he wears a flatcap

Unfortunately he is probably a no-go as it would be a sideways move, if your being generous, for him
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 22:11:15 by Abrahammer » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 23:30:07 »

We've been crap since about November/December, from what I've heard that's about the same time that things started to get a tad tetchy.
I'm sure that will have had a bearing, but I was more responding to the idea that Williams resuming coaching would sort everything out. My point was that it's not as simple as "Williams hasn't been doing the coaching this season so that's why we're crap" as he was doing the coaching during the latter stages of last season when we were also pretty crap. While he may or may not have been bessies with Cooper during that period, it's not as straightforward as simply waving the magic Williams wand and all will be well again. The problems are more deep-seated than that. I'm hoping they don't ultimately come down to Power's "philosophy" as I suspect that that is the one thing in all of the various possible factors that will not change
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 02:43:20 »

Powers philospohy will have to change. I can understand having his philosophy but there has be the licence to adapt and change it when required.

Has anyone got out of this division playing total football with kids and nothing else?
Different opposition, different games require different tactics.

If ever there was a game to abandon total football and grind out a result, last nights game was that game.
Stopping it for one games doesnt mean its done and dusted forever.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 03:35:39 »

Why does Power keep repeating that we were '90 minutes from Wembley last season'.

Said it last night and 3 times during the last phone-in.

I'm almost certain we were at Wembley last season - unfortunately.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 06:02:52 »

A lot of our bad run at the end of last season can also be put down to player resting I think

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:29:03 »

A lot of our bad run at the end of last season can also be put down to player resting I think

Similarly much of this seasons run can be attributed to players like Kasim 'resting'
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:31:18 »

So anyway. Ling seems to tick most of the boxes from what i read this morning. Desperate to get back into management, agrees with the overall footballing philosophy, knows and has worked with Williams, former player in our most successful spell, has been scouting for Walsall and therefore knows the division and will be pretty cheap. Doesn't do much to excite but given the price bracket we are working in i struggle to see many that will fit better. Perhaps he can get Taylor in to teach us to defend!
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:45:05 »

This is going to be the most uninspiring search for a manager ever !

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:46:55 »

Hodgetts asked Power about Lingy pre match yesterday and Power said he's someone they are wanting to talk to with the club connection and all the other plus sides going for him.

Whether that was bluff and bluster I dont know.
kaufman

« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:46:57 »

Why does Power keep repeating that we were '90 minutes from Wembley last season'.

Yep you could argue we never turned up
kaufman

« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:53:38 »

So anyway. Ling seems to tick most of the boxes from what i read this morning. Desperate to get back into management, agrees with the overall footballing philosophy, knows and has worked with Williams, former player in our most successful spell, has been scouting for Walsall and therefore knows the division and will be pretty cheap. Doesn't do much to excite but given the price bracket we are working in i struggle to see many that will fit better. Perhaps he can get Taylor in to teach us to defend!

We still leaked goals back in the Taylor/Calderwood pairing era. The fact he scored about 13 goals the season we went up to the premier league was a bigger factor. The last team we had that I can remember when we were a real threat from corners in the traditional sense.
I'd be happy with Lingy
Flashheart

« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 09:03:43 »

I'm sure that will have had a bearing, but I was more responding to the idea that Williams resuming coaching would sort everything out.

Well I didn't say that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 09:14:34 »

If traffic is ok then we are about 90 minutes from Wembley.
Chrystovski

« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 09:16:52 »

If traffic is ok then we are about 90 minutes from Wembley.

Cheesy Clap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 09:19:47 »

Powers philospohy will have to change. I can understand having his philosophy but there has be the licence to adapt and change it when required.
Good luck with that. He doesn't come across as someone who takes well to criticism or even an opposing point of view, in fact he seems remarkably thin-skinned for all the bluster. e.g. the "media ban" stuff.

Maybe, contrary to all the assumptions that Cooper was just a frontman/cipher and Williams was the real backroom genius, the breakdown in the relationship came because Cooper stood up to Power and said "Look, this isn't working" and Williams was the Power yes man?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: