Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193407 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:33:19 »

Is he back in a good place after his struggles ?

I believe so. Think he scouts for Walsall, runs his own football schools and does a bit of commentary etc. He's a viable option that's for sure.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:36:03 »

6/7 years ago I'd have loved to have Lingy here but now? I'm not so sure. He certainly played an attractive style of football with reasonable success at Leyton Orient but that was a few years ago now. I think the fans would take to him though, which could be important. If he does come in, hopefully he can convince Power to hire a defensive coach!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:39:52 »

I'd be happy with that if it happened.
Panda Paws

« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:44:44 »

I wouldn't. Take the Swindon link out of it and you wouldn't touch him with a barge pole (and that's obviously completely unrelated to his mental struggles over the last few years).
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:50:27 »

Be interesting to see what "faces" will be spotted in the ground tonight.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:51:06 »

Short term see how it goes, see if he's up to it. Admit it could go either way depending on his mental state and how it holds up. Just have a hunch it could be the right appointment.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:57:19 »

But the manager's remit at STFC should, in theory, be less stressful than most.

No responsibility for recruitment so no travelling to watch games 5 nights a week.

Might suit him down to the ground
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 08:57:55 »

I'm with Tails in the not so sure camp....

Lingy would be fully commited to the sexy football, as a disciple of Hoddle, and I guess given his recent well known difficulties, would be happy to slot into a role where the responsibilties were shared.

Few years back now, but when we were away at Torquay, it was great when a chant of Ooh Shaun Taylor went up as the great man stepped out heading for the bench....
Flashheart

« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 09:01:37 »

Lingy doesn't have a great managerial record. Not exactly a bad one either, but certainly not great. Stats can be skewed according to the resources he had at his disposal though of course.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 09:09:00 »

Lingy doesn't have a great managerial record. Not exactly a bad one either, but certainly not great. Stats can be skewed according to the resources he had at his disposal though of course.

A candidate for our job shouldn't be judged on win ratio though, as player development is more important to Power. If Cooper was applying for his old job, he could point to an impressive CV in that regard.

Maybe you could do some research on Lingy with regards to this....

The fact that he spunked £70K on Billiy Bodin would worry me..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 09:18:38 »

A candidate for our job shouldn't be judged on win ratio though, as player development is more important to Power. If Cooper was applying for his old job, he could point to an impressive CV in that regard.

Maybe you could do some research on Lingy with regards to this....

The fact that he spunked £70K on Billiy Bodin would worry me..

You mean rovers goal machine!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 09:28:01 »

Bodin played quite a lot for Torquay and was by all accounts not bad until he got a really bad knee injury. Certainly more successful than Elliot de Paul Benyon's move the other way.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 09:48:43 »

I'm getting the feeling that what Power is saying about Poyet being unlikely as too expensive is exactly what he said about Ajose.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 09:58:09 »

Just had an interesting chat with someone supposedly ITK.

New manager will be a low profile front man taken on only until the end of the season - Williams/Power will be in charge

Expect Kasim and Rodgers to play tonight as neither were injured Saturday - didn't want to play for Cooper. There had been general unrest in the squad.

Now, I'm only relaying what I've been told - don't shoot the messenger. Make of it what you will.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2015, 10:03:13 »

Just had an interesting chat with someone supposedly ITK.

New manager will be a low profile front man taken on only until the end of the season - Williams/Power will be in charge

Expect Kasim and Rodgers to play tonight as neither were injured Saturday - didn't want to play for Cooper. There had been general unrest in the squad.

Now, I'm only relaying what I've been told - don't shoot the messenger. Make of it what you will.

Well the Kasim/Rodgers bit is in the Adver, so hardly hot off the press. Similarly, you don't need inside info to suspect it will be a low profile appointment, because they'll have to work with Williams/Power.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: