Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193366 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 14:49:34 »

This is really really unlikely but if I could chose anyone it would be Jamie Carragher or Gary Neville...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 14:59:12 »

If its holloway im out.fucking idiot cunt

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:26:02 »

I don't anticipate anyone of note.

I sure do like the rumour mill though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:27:04 »

If we do appoint a new boss, assuming Power won't do it for the rest of the season, it will be someone desperate for a job....Dave Hockaday would have been a good shout.

Looking from the outside, you'll be taking on a squad, which looks too weak for the league, and little say in the necessary recruitment to bring it up to scratch....so a likely relegation on the CV. There are of course plenty around with the necessary failures who'd be happy for a job.

If we do appoint one of names from the usual merry go round of failures I'm not sure they would care about the conditions or a relegation.

In fact, someone like Paul Dickov or Lee Clark would probably just like the wage and possibility of a nice pay out come the end of May.

All the more reason to give someone their first shot, if nothing else they have to make it work for their future career. I remember a few years ago George Burley was a favourite of many on here to take over - why? Because he'd won manager of the year for Ipswich 10 years previous.....been fucking terrible for every club he went to after...but 2001!
Barry Scott

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:28:35 »

If its holloway im out.fucking idiot cunt

Couldn't agree more.

I know some people absolutely love his zany country bumpkin act, but I think I dislike him more than Cotterill. Granted he doesn't have quite the same obvious cerebral shortfall, but at least Cotterill thinks he's a manager not a remedial red coat.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:29:23 »

Its going to end up being Gary Waddock
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:46:16 »

It'll be someone we haven't heard of, there first big role, job title 'head coach'

People throwing names around like Holloway, Evans, tisdale, hoddle etc are fucking deluded

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:48:49 »

People throwing names around like Holloway, Evans, tisdale, hoddle etc are fucking deluded

Yes, they are.

However, don't let the realities get in the way of a good time.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:50:34 »

How far off the sack is Chris Ramsey? Isn't he part of the Power inner circle?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 16:05:47 »

The club can't censor the bookies. The Adver, FLIC and whatever is left of Total will be filling their boots.
Not sure the club have censored anyone... Just stopped drip feeding information to the media. The fact that the local media have failed to respond to this by searching out stories says more about them rather than the club.

It's clear from that list that the bookies have no idea. . it's just a list of unemployed managers?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 16:07:11 »

BTW it's going to be a dull appointment, whoever it is, if they can get the team at least looking like they give a shit that would be a major step forward.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 16:10:19 »

BTW it's going to be a dull appointment, whoever it is, if they can get the team at least looking like they give a shit that would be a major step forward.

Agree. I can tolerate a dogfight/ us being woefully shit, but to just roll over without any fight is the most frustrating aspect of our team recently.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 16:57:25 »

Not sure the club have censored anyone... Just stopped drip feeding information to the media. The fact that the local media have failed to respond to this by searching out stories says more about them rather than the club.

It's clear from that list that the bookies have no idea. . it's just a list of unemployed managers?

You know what I meant. They don't provide the local press with 'filler' content and bookmaker odds are prime 'filler' material. The Adver care about realistic odds just as much as the bookies care about realistic targets.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 16:59:20 by Costanza » Logged
Skinny Pete

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 17:31:35 »

What's Colin Wanker up to these days?
DMR

« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 17:38:05 »

Holloway? Hoddle? Lambert? Neville? Carragher? Tisdale?

Fuck me I'm less interested than I used to be but I thought I'd have noticed us being in the Championship with a big budget.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: