Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193377 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 23:50:53 »

If left to his own devices - Billy Davies from that lot.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 00:37:50 »

wow - from seeing that list, there's a lot of managers out of work arent there ?!
Skinny Pete

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 03:47:43 »

Of course, a chairman as manager isn't quite the novelty it appears.

Didn't Ron Noades do similar at Brentford? And not without success, too, as they won the old Div 3 title.

Not that I'm advocating a permanent Power,  but it's hard to see how, and if, another 'puppet' manager can affect things if he still has to adhere to Power's vision.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 06:52:21 »

Maybe its time for Power to realise he needs to back off the playing side of things for a while. A new manager will want some influence on the dressing room and we that to happen imo.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:46:53 »

Not that I'm advocating a permanent Power,  but it's hard to see how, and if, another 'puppet' manager can affect things if he still has to adhere to Power's vision.

Unless you appoint a manager (essentially Head Coach) who wants the team to play in the same way as Power i.e someone like Sean O'Driscoll. You wouldn't need to tell/force him to play that way, he will want to do it by choice.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:48:55 by bigbobjoylove » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:54:15 »

Unless you appoint a manager (essentially Head Coach) who wants the team to play in the same way as Power i.e someone like Sean O'Driscoll. You wouldn't need to tell/force him to play that way, he will want to do it by choice.

Good post. Great opportunity to bring someone in who actually fits in the structure and the style.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 09:33:33 »

SY's disliking of Swedes means that he'd be insufferable on TEF if Town brought the Chef in.

It's not worth our hassle.
I like the Swedes. Danes on the other hand...

Not sure why Fjørtoft always comes up, he's never managed in the 13 years since he retired aside from DoF at Lillestrøm (which was quite successful).

Henning Berg's looking for a new job and so is Tor Ole Skullerud who was a huge success at Molde and has plenty of experience with young footballers as Norway U21 manager. I'm starting a campaign to bring Skullerud to Town.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 09:42:21 »

Pretty new to management but Ainsworth has done well at Wycombe. Could be worth a punt?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 10:05:54 »

While it's blatantly obvious that Power has more involvement in the team than your average chairman, I don't necessarily buy into the notion that so many managers will be turned off by it. Such things are generally bandied about by people that have not spent a day working under Power or any other football chairman.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 10:10:07 »

Can anyone realistically see Power "paying off" anyones contract at another club to bring them here? I can't.

Lets assume the above is correct, it does narrow down the options. What's more the "bookies" will name everyone they can think of to encourage punters to gamble "responibily" ha ha.

Other points to consider and these have been mentioned in all fairness by others is the "model" that Power controls. Who of the the non contracted available managers/coaches will want to or can adhere to the SN1 model comfortably and with a long tern view ie. Not piss off at the first sign of a bigger or better opportunity? We are and should look to some sort of continuity of tenure.

I cannot help thinking that the unsettling non starter of a move to the Owls may have added to the mix of issues faced here this season. An undercurrent of dissatifaction if you will.
REDBUCK

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 10:11:34 »

I think you are over stating the attractiveness of the Swindon job. I cant see us attracting anyone currently in a good a job as Ainsworth
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 11:45:58 »

Fjortoft.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 11:47:44 »

Fjortoft.
I believe his words on twitter were "save your money"
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:13:59 »

I want Holloway, mostly because he's a bit of a loon.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:36:45 »

Tisdale for me, I think he would be happy to work under Power too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: