Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your first computer  (Read 4008 times)
faringdingdong

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 08:25:08 »

What was it, either owned by you or the first one you ever used at school etc?
I had a Commodore +4 at home and them shitty BBC  thingys at school.
Those were indeed the days. :old

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 08:49:57 »

Used to have a commodore 64. Tape games >>>> *.

Oh Mummie
Animal, vegtable or mineral
paperboy

thats the 3 game I remember. 50% of the time I would buy tapes and they didnt work. We didnt mind though, they are only £2 a game.

Rigobert Song La la la
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 09:19:28 »

Paperboy was  awesome but i completed that outrun car game, was chuffed as can be! :box

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 09:26:46 »

A BBC thing I think. Then a Commodore 64.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 10:36:17 »

My first machine was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum....which I've still got in perfect working order.

The adventure games for it, like the Hobbit, were ace, it was so exciting when you found a bit that had graphics as well as just text.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 10:57:32 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
My first machine was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum....which I've still got in perfect working order.

...with rubber buttons reg?! What a classic!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 11:33:23 »

Sadly I upgraded the rubber button job for a hard shell......you posted the old one off to Sinclair and they posted back the upgrade.

Shame...do people collect them now?
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 11:34:12 »

An Amiga 1200 Cool
I used to have loads of copied games for it on the old floppy discs. I think I had one game that had 7 discs Cheesy

Titch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 11:47:50 »

I think i had all of these at some stage!  Plus i remember having an Amstad CPC464!!  Ah the memories!! Cheesy

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 12:19:26 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Sadly I upgraded the rubber button job for a hard shell......you posted the old one off to Sinclair and they posted back the upgrade.

Shame...do people collect them now?

Probably...they were classics. You used to have to have an external tape player, and those lines/noise while loading used to drive you insane!!

Dizzy was a classic....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 13:34:38 »

Think I still have a Spectrum 16k, 48k and 128k floating around the parents house somewhere.

Gauntlet, Kickstart and Dizzy where all favourites.

DMR

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 14:42:55 »

No idea
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 14:59:13 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
No idea

cheers for that then. :wall

STFCDude

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 15:00:31 »

My first machine was an Atari 2600, was so over the moon when I got it for christmas once!  Then I upgraded to a Spectrum 48k, and I must say Dizzy series is still one of the best I have ever played.  I then followed that up with a Commodore 64, and it felt as though I was in computer heaven, being able to program basic without running out of memory!  After that, I had to have the cream of the crop, an Amiga.  Oh the joys of playing Championship Manager with about an hours wait inbetween seasons etc...Then finally came the realm of the PC, and I haven't looked back!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2004, 15:03:10 »

I had an Amiga 500 fucking safe as fuck.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: