Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lilian Nallis.  (Read 9600 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 16:39:27 »

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=20780&highlight=nalis
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 17:48:32 »

I just listened to his interview on t'official site and he came accross very well. In fact, I would offer him a two year deal on the basis of that interview alone.

Seriously (It was a very good interview though). Although I hate jumping on band wagons (very bad idea from a health and safety perspective apart from anything else) I can't help but wonder if maybe, just maybe, the numpties on thisis have a point about Malpas not being able to attract players to the club. I prefer to think that the club are operating in a transfer market which has been horribly inflated due to certain clubs (and there are still plenty around in spite of what as happened at Rotherham, Luton etc) spending silly money (money they may well not have) on players who really aren't worth a piss in the wind and that in the end, Fitton and Malpas will have been proved right and hailed as football geniuses...

..it would be scary if the numpties were right though Eek
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 17:54:11 »

Everything i've seen about him over various forums seems positive. Maybe Malpas does want to sign him but just wants him to prove his fitness for a week or two before doing so.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 17:56:22 »

The Numpties on thisis won't even give credit to MM for the signing of Cox and wee Macca.

They signed when MM WAS manager (Along with Kanyuka and Timlin), and so their logic is null and void.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:03:45 »

Yeah apparently they were Sturrock's signings.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:15:25 »

I just listened to his interview on t'official site and he came accross very well. In fact, I would offer him a two year deal on the basis of that interview alone.

Seriously (It was a very good interview though). Although I hate jumping on band wagons (very bad idea from a health and safety perspective apart from anything else) I can't help but wonder if maybe, just maybe, the numpties on thisis have a point about Malpas not being able to attract players to the club. I prefer to think that the club are operating in a transfer market which has been horribly inflated due to certain clubs (and there are still plenty around in spite of what as happened at Rotherham, Luton etc) spending silly money (money they may well not have) on players who really aren't worth a piss in the wind and that in the end, Fitton and Malpas will have been proved right and hailed as football geniuses...

..it would be scary if the numpties were right though Eek

Cox, McNamee, Kanuyka, Timlin, Amwanker.

Nalis sounds ok....I would have thought we'd be after an attacking midfielder because the likes of Easton, Peacock and Timlin all do well on the defensive side of things....but then maybe if we did have Nalis holding the others could get forward.

Sounds like a decent enough short term stop gap.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:18:06 »

"The Numpties on thisis won't even give credit to MM for the signing of Cox and wee Macca.

They signed when MM WAS manager (Along with Kanyuka and Timlin), and so their logic is null and void."

No fair Bangkok - the thisis forum, just like this one, has some posters who rate Malpas and some who don't, and even more in between. Just because a few won't give Malpas any credit you should'n't lump us all together.

By the way - nalis would be a good signing IMO

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:19:17 »

If Dennis Wise would have followed this logic we'd have signed Chris McPhee - a new manager can demand "my house - my rules". Malpas went with advice, sold the new era to the players and they joined.

Cox could've have easily joined a more stable (at the time) Northampton.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:36:49 »

Cox, McNamee, Kanuyka, Timlin, Amwanker.
Yes but the perception is that (apart from Amwanker) he hasn't actually gone out and got anyone The players that have come in were already set up for him.

Anywhoo, I'm not going to go on about or I'll sound like a fucking thisis numpty (is that the correct singular of numties?) It's just that when I read about Nalis my first thought was,'Ooooh, Maurice is running short of ideas..I wonder who he could have been talking to???'

My second thought I have to add, was 'Hmmmmm..Nalis could do a good job for us'

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:38:04 »

If Dennis Wise would have followed this logic we'd have signed Chris McPhee

Sorry, what do you mean? I'm a bit thick like.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:41:22 »

Sorry, what do you mean? I'm a bit thick like.

(If I remember accurately) Chris McPhee had an offer in place from Onuora but the change of manager killed the deal ... at least McPhee was still begging for a contract after Iffy was sent packing.

So, if Wise had followed the previous regime we would have had Chris McPhee in the ranks.

Now I doubted myself - Hmm.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 18:47:35 »

Yes but the perception is that (apart from Amwanker) he hasn't actually gone out and got anyone The players that have come in were already set up for him.

Anywhoo, I'm not going to go on about or I'll sound like a fucking thisis numpty (is that the correct singular of numties?) It's just that when I read about Nalis my first thought was,'Ooooh, Maurice is running short of ideas..I wonder who he could have been talking to???'

My second thought I have to add, was 'Hmmmmm..Nalis could do a good job for us'

You'd have to be a right muppet to turn down such signings though. Anyway, Sturrock brought in all his old boys, you may equally say that he had a tough time attracting anyone new to the club (that's not my point of view, more me playing devil's advocate).
Dazzza

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 19:43:44 »

I like the old Maurice attitude test and I don’t think it’s a case of him struggling to attract players more the lack of movement in the transfer market.

There’s definitely a lot less players out of contract this summer and after the shenanigans of recent seasons where a lot of clubs were turning over players right, left and centre many appear to be getting little more prudent in retaining players on slightly longer contracts.

Mulgrew was a kick in the tits and Maher was just down to petulance on his behalf but I have to agree if the attitude isn’t there then sack them off and move on.

Aside from the above, out of interest can anyone pull a few a names from their clacker valve that would have fit the criteria that potentially we should of or could have signed over the summer?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 19:46:21 »

Sam Parkin
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 19:49:21 »

sol davis Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: