Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Matchday Thread  (Read 53315 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:23:17 »

You may well be disappointed. At best a bit of delayed gratification after a Wembley win. Autos are gone in my mind so I'm in exactly the mindset you don't want.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:26:41 »

Today was shit and the reaction has been just as shit.

This fixture won't be the sole reason why Town fail to go up, that is if Town do fail to get promoted. It'll be because were not good enough over the season but until then, I'll throw my support to Cooper & Co til its conclusion.

...and yes, a season in The Championship would do us all the world of good.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:34:13 »

Quote from: chalkies_shorts
You may well be disappointed. At best a bit of delayed gratification after a Wembley win. Autos are gone in my mind so I'm in exactly the mindset you don't want.

have you given up all hope of winning via playoffs?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:34:45 »

I'm sick to death with "ooh didn't we do well, never mind maybe next season".

As things stand, next season looks difficult.  Whereas at the end of 13/14, you could rightly as it turned out think, we might be OK, as players like Branco, Mass, Kas, Gladwin, Byrne, and the Thompson Twins, could improve with the bit of experience they had behind them, then there was Wes in goal, and Mighty Michael Smith, having shown a bit of promise.

Next season, we'll have Gladwin, Branco, Nathan, poss Byrne and Mighty Mike......so a complete overhaul needed, never an easy thing to do.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:35:40 »

Haven't read thru but how bad was the atmosphere today??what disappointed me most was the players reaction after the 2nd went in???where was the belief,leader,the 'we can do this despite being 2 down' attitude??perhaps a sign of an inexperienced young side but fuck me someone take some responsibility to generate some belief...sorry to end on a negative note but fuck me Michael Smith is shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:38:21 »

we fans didn't do our job. I think at 2-0 it was fairly obviously game over, but gone are the days of singing anyway. there was a brief rally at 1 down.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:38:55 »

I feel as if this game got built up a bit to much with regards to importance
The 18 day break, the Sky coverage, we've all been looking forward to it just because we wanted a game, not because it was against a side in the promotion race with us.
I don't feel that loss today would have affected us more than a defeat against someone like Crawley would have.
Win Tuesday, and win our game in hand and everything changes again.
We are Swindon, we never do it the easy way.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:44:11 »

We know the PO's are a bit of a lottery....and we know our side can be very good, as well as on occasions very bad, so I would have thought most Town fans would be going in with hope rather than expectation. 

I mean last time, it was a Miles Storey pen miss which fucked us, the time before a bobble on the Wembley pitch, and the time before a 123rd minute equaliser followed by the inevitable, after that, pen misses.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:47:22 »

[/quote
Our defence is too shit. Just play the ball into the right back channel and we are in the shit. We beat ourselves today as we have often this year.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:50:42 »

I am not sure if I can take the stress of play offs. I hate them.

On multiple occasions this season Bristol City, Preston and MK have all lost the same round of matches. Let's just hope that happens once or twice.

Who knows, win our game in hand we'll be on 73, just four points behind PNE. They lose one while we win one we're one point behind them come April 25th.

My worry is that some of the players' heads may have gone. Mass may be thinking of who he'll be playing for next year, Wes will be doing the same... it's the Swindon way!

We just need to keep our heads up.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:52:53 »

defence shit
I see exactly where you are coming from Chalkie. I posted something similar mid match.

I still think we can go up via the payoffs, I can't see the autos but never say never.

I've not given up yet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:54:56 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
We know the PO's are a bit of a lottery....and we know our side can be very good, as well as on occasions very bad, so I would have thought most Town fans would be going in with hope rather than expectation. 

I mean last time, it was a Miles Storey pen miss which fucked us, the time before a bobble on the Wembley pitch, and the time before a 123rd minute equaliser followed by the inevitable, after that, pen misses.

yes I know, we may not even get to the final. But we are as capable as anyone. mkd are a worry though.

with respect we were unlucky v Brighton and Brentford, but we were well beaten by Millwall, bobble or no bobble.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:58:11 »

....and then there's Sheffield United.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:58:28 »

Under PDC,we (fans and players) would have still believed we could get a point even being 2-0 down(irrespective of what league we were in)...sadly the same can't be said with MC in charge...not meant as a direct criticism of MC, merely an observation....for this reason despite my glass wanting to be half full, sadly I can't see that our team has the minerals to grind out promotion via the play-offs.....I would so loved to be proved wrong
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:59:15 »

yes I know, we may not even get to the final. But we are as capable as anyone. mkd are a worry though.

with respect we were unlucky v Brighton and Brentford, but we were well beaten by Millwall, bobble or no bobble.

The point I'm making is that PO football, isn't necessarily about who is the better team, a bit of luck here a ref's decision there....so if you don't make it, as we know shit happens.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: