Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Franchise Matchday Thread  (Read 53422 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:41:56 »

I know. Maybe we should revert back to it?

Wink

FUCK YEAH!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:46:12 »

I've been critical of Stephens in midfield and one up top, and we've ground out wins to prove me wrong every time. Until now. Today wasn't a terminal blow to automatic promotion, but it leaves us close to being dropped. I think we will need to beat City and Preston, I think Preston will drop at least 2 points somewhere but even so...

Today Franchise were better than us. That can't be denied. I'll never wish them well, but they deserved the win.

I'm not sure what we set up to do. Cooper says he Played Rickets to counter Ali, then I suppose Stephens was the Anchor man, and Luongo and Swift the attacking options with Smith the loan gun.

But the problem was, although Smith played well, he just isn't threatening enough on his own and is too isolated. Luongo showed moments of class but long periods of drifting doing fuck all. Swift had a reasonable game. Stephens didn't impress me today. Ricketts did OK.

And therein lies the problem, the midfield didn't work together and lost us the game. In the first half it would be obvious from TV that we created a load of chances, they created a load of chances which Wes did heroics to keep out. But what it may not have shown was that Franchise started to dominate in the key areas, and more worryingly got past our powder puff midfield to really put a numerical advantage against out back three. It happened time and time again. And yet I wasn't that worried.

Second half, and it didn't really happen at all from us. Once they scored the game got more and more stretched. And in desperation to get back on level terms we pretty much lost any regard of other duties in trying to score. Franchise are too good a team to not take advantage of such situations. City will be too. If Cooper genuinely looks at it as "it was 1-0 when I made subs and 3-0 after", as he said on the radio, then maybe I've over estimated him. I doubt he does, just taking heat off himself, Smith, and bringing Ricketts straight in.

Call it 'bottling' or stage fright or a lack of motivation, whatever you will, but we never really got going. Franchise did. Lets be honest, our form has been more hit than miss since January. Its results that count every time, but it worries me for the playoffs. Its all so frustrating, we are that close...

« Last Edit: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:49:21 by Batch » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:46:58 »

Today was always going to be difficult after such a long break without a game.....I said it felt like the season was over, and hoped the players wouldn't be metaphorically on the beach, but they were..

However, the break may help at the PO end of season...
And yet MK hadn't played for 2 weeks and they somehow looked pretty OK  Hmmm
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:48:16 »

And yet MK hadn't played for 2 weeks and they somehow looked pretty OK  Hmmm

Luckily, there isn't too much time to over-analyse this one.

On to Tuesday...

Huh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:49:53 »

It's the extra 4 days which make all the difference.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:50:49 »

Luckily, there isn't too much time to over-analyse this one.

On to Tuesday...

Huh?
I'm actually going to blank it out of my mind and will never mention it again starting....from....now

REDBUCK

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:51:56 »

Two things.
I Would rather watch a committed side like MK than our predictable ONE PACE tippy tappy.
They attacked in numbers and defended in numbers. It's that one pace football that stopped my mate coming to football this season.
MK fans are not customers, they're fans. Supported their team throughout the 90. Just like we didn't.

well they sang one dull repetitive song to the beat of a drum anyway.

They have an exciting side to follow though and some proper footballers rather than flicks and tricks ones.

we'll see what Tuesday brings us but we looked knackered and lacked energy once the game had gone. Anymore performance like thst and it's 5th place for us.
clubstealingcunt

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:55:04 »

You are still going up

to Rochdale in a couple of Saturday's 
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:59:31 »

The better side won on the day. Agree with whoever made the point about it being a good clean game. Their second pen shout looked like a dive but other than that no theatrics and no dirty play.

Interesting to see Cotterill and Robinson say the ref got the Lewington decision right. Does SC therefore think Pritchard shouldn't have been sent off for pushing a player over at Ashton Gate last season? If one's a red they both are.

Looking like play-offs now, but beat City and you never know. Preston still have to play us and City, and their game at Bradford on Monday won't be easy either.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:59:53 »

You are still going up

Actually it's on a Tuesday, but nice try.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 14:01:52 »

Yeah but half of our fucking team were actually on international duty!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 14:02:38 »

well they sang one dull repetitive song to the beat of a drum anyway.

They have an exciting side to follow though and some proper footballers rather than flicks and tricks ones.

we'll see what Tuesday brings us but we looked knackered and lacked energy once the game had gone. Anymore performance like thst and it's 5th place for us.

If we play like that every game for the rest of the season, we may slip to 5th, but once or twice??Sheff U need to catch up 6 points, then we'd still have 2 games in hand, and quite possibly still be ahead on goal difference.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 14:03:19 »

MK fans are not customers, they're fans. Supported their team throughout the 90. Just like we didn't.

Give the team praise when they deserve it, as they did today. But please don't legitimise Winkleman or those who enable his evil
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 14:05:36 »

You are still going up

Die.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 14:05:48 »

I'm still really bemused why Cooper changed the team today. Yes, Stephens can play well in midfield, but alongside Ricketts just didn't work. Would have made more sense to leave Ricketts until we actually need him (like we will on Tuesday) and play Toffs on the left and Gladwin in the middle. I'm still not a fan of Swift.

What if really like to see is a return to form of Kasim. He used to run games almost single handedly and now can't get in the team. Need a big change in performance on Tuesday if we've got any shot at the autos.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: