Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bodin and thompson  (Read 5366 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 09:13:33 »

I think that people are less willing to give Murray the backing and time they give Bodin because he was not contracted to us, he was always on loan and always going to return to Ipswich.

Not much to choose between Bodin and Murray IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 11:31:23 »

Bodin has played double the games murray has and only scored a handful more.Shame we were not so willing to give murray the same support considering it is also his 1st full pro season.

Not condoning the treatment of Murray from some fans, but seeing as the comparison is being made, how many games did Bodin play up front this season?

I was led to believe that most of his Torquay appearances were out wide. If so his goal ratio in that position must be similar to Matt Ritchie's.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 11:35:39 »

Bodin has played double the games murray has and only scored a handful more.Shame we were not so willing to give murray the same support considering it is also his 1st full pro season.

To be fair though most of Bodins games have been at LM.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 12:18:36 »

Murray was keeping our top scorer out of the starting 11 and was generally piss poor, that's why he lost the support of the fans. It isn't like they were on his back from day one.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 12:40:42 »

Murray was keeping our top scorer out of the starting 11 and was generally piss poor, that's why he lost the support of the fans. It isn't like they were on his back from day one.
When I first saw Murray I thought he looked useful, but he didn't seem to kick on and in his last appearances he looked decidedly uninterested, unfit and weak.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 12:52:13 »

Which is a fair point, I guess the question is would Bodin have got the same amount of stick in the same circumstances.

I guess we will never know but I have a feeling he would not have
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 12:56:08 »

To be fair though most of Bodins games have been at LM.

I believe Torquay play a variant of 433/451 with Howe as the central player in the front three.  Billy played as one of the wide attackers.  Crewe appear to be more of a conventional 442 and from the brief highlights on the Football League show Billy has looked like a winger from the positions he's been in.  So yes, I agree - the only time he's been an out-and-out striker are the appearances he's made with us.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 17:42:24 »

I think that people are less willing to give Murray the backing and time they give Bodin because he was not contracted to us, he was always on loan and always going to return to Ipswich.

Not much to choose between Bodin and Murray IMO.

Bodin has a better all round game whereas Murray looks a more clinical finisher up front.
Murray only has a one year deal and it wouldn't suprise me if he is a town player next season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 18:25:39 »

Murray looks a more clinical finisher up front.

I'm not having a pop at you or Murray, but he looked the opposite of clinical to me.

When he turns out to be the next Jordan Rhodes you can quote me on that!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 18:27:02 »

Oxford away
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 18:59:11 »

I'm not having a pop at you or Murray, but he looked the opposite of clinical to me.

When he turns out to be the next Jordan Rhodes you can quote me on that!

Theres a difference between prolific and clinical.....Cox was very similar in his early days.

I reckon given the service and more experience he will score plenty.

Not saying he will be prolific but i reckon he will score more goals than Bodin if given the same amount of starts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 19:02:42 »

Theres a difference between prolific and clinical.....

But to me clinical means taking your chances, prolific means scoring loads even if it is one in five.

I don't think he was clinical. But he did have some good games, like at Northampton, and sometimes was given mission:impossible, like playing alone up front v Gills.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 19:03:42 »

I think that Murray is at a disadvantage in that he doesn't great pace and certainly lacks a physical presence.

Not saying he won't make it in the game but is at a disadvantage without either attribute.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 19:06:59 »

But to me clinical means taking your chances, prolific means scoring loads even if it is one in five.

I don't think he was clinical. But he did have some good games, like at Northampton, and sometimes was given mission:impossible, like playing alone up front v Gills.

Yep......but i didn't say he was clinical if you read my post......i said i reckon he was more clinical than Bodin Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 19:19:48 »

Yep......but i didn't say he was clinical if you read my post......i said i reckon he was more clinical than Bodin Wink

So you did, sorry. Which means you don't rate Bodin's finishing much Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: