Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a guy!  (Read 1134 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 27, 2006, 11:29:34 »

Last Updated: Friday, 27 January 2006, 10:00 GMTE-mail this to a friend Printable versionBlackpool insult costs officialBlackpoolMatch official Neil Yates is being investigated by the Football League after he described Blackpool as a team of "donkey lashers".The assistant referee made his comments on a Burnley supporters' website after the match he officiated between Blackpool and Doncaster on Tuesday.The Football League said: "This has been sent on to Football Association, which will decide what action to take."At the game, he was hit by a cigarette lighter thrown from the crowd.Blackpool boss Simon Grayson said he was stunned by Yates' remarks."I was very surprised to hear of these comments and while I'm sure every official has an allegiance to a particular club, you don't expect them to come out and say things like that," he said.Yates used the messageboard to criticise not only Blackpool's fans, but also Doncaster's."It does make you wonder sometimes why we do it," the official wrote."However, last night, I consoled myself with the fact that they (the Doncaster supporters) had taken a day off work, spent six hours on congested motorways, eaten less than edible pies for tea, sat on a freezing cold, open stand for two hours, paid up to £20 for the privilege, seen their team perform abysmally, and get beaten by a team of donkey-lashers."And to cap it all they wouldn't get home for closing time."The Football League added: "Neil thought he was being helpful and educational and trying to explain the things that happen to officials during a match."However, we have advised him to stop writing on the site.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 27, 2006, 11:30:10 »

The ref strikes back! :fu:

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 27, 2006, 11:34:31 »