Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA to ban emergency loans from 2014?  (Read 1919 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 00:49:20 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/8969167/Football-League-clubs-dealt-huge-blow-after-Fifa-decides-emergency-loans-contravene-its-rules.html
stfcinbmth

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 08:12:49 »

Is it not possible just to tell FIFA to fuck off and mind their own business. They seem to enjoy trying to stitch us up
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 10:36:32 »

I'm waiting for someone to bring a restraint of trade case in the same way Bosman did.  If both the club who holds the players registration and the player is happy for the move to happen, then why should FIFA restrain the player from applying his trade at another club?
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 11:36:01 »

Good old Fifa, sort out a problem which no one wants changed. Where's goal technology Fifa?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 12:35:38 »

Balderdash it's fashionable to disagree with everything coming out of Fifa.  The emergency loan rules do make the transfer windows pretty redundant in respect of the loan market.  The emergency loan was for getting a keeper if the squad was down the bare ones and without a recognised keeper.  Now it's used to bring in a seventh striker... hardly a recognisable emergency.

Either do this or scrap the transfer windows.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 13:03:39 »

To be fair, the emergency loan system is a bit of a joke.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 22, 2011, 13:14:26 »

It was a good idea but it is being abused. Players go on loan to multiple clubs, loans stopped and started at random, the loan to permanent deals and so on. Maybe if they tighten up the system and play on the player development angle as well as the financials for lower division sides they can get FIFA to agree.

There is a strong argument for a special case for England though due to the number of professional clubs we have, which is vastly more than any other country in the world. But then I'm not really sure the current system is of as much benefit as it could be to lower league clubs.

I'm sure if they get our two princes (Beckham and William) to have a word with Sepp he'll reverse the decision.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: