Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78439 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:27:56 »

I think everybody knows that.

Does his contract run out next year? Were we discussing cashing in now instead of waiting a year?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:28:24 »

Yes....I think the original point from jonny72 was we dont have to sell Morrison this summer.

the counter point was, well if we dont sell him this summer than next year he will be out of contract which is where the under 24 tribunal rules kick in.

what with Morrison having only been here for what 2, 2 and a half years we wont be credited with much of his development and we wont get much money for him that.

If it was a direct choice between the two financially wise we'd be better of selling him. Of course the best solution would have been to get him to sign a long term contract last year but for whatever reason that didnt come back

well thats how i've read it anyway
JPC82

« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:29:27 »

Yes....I think the original point from jonny72 was we dont have to sell Morrison this summer.

the counter point was, well if we dont sell him this summer than next year he will be out of contract which is where the under 24 tribunal rules kick in.

what with Morrison having only been here for what 2, 2 and a half years we wont be credited with much of his development and we wont get much money for him that.

If it was a direct choice between the two financially wise we'd be better of selling him. Of course the best solution would have been to get him to sign a long term contract last year but for whatever reason that didnt come back

well thats how i've read it anyway
oh ok i didnt really read all of it, goes back to same arguement of why we didnt offer him a longer deal
flammableBen

« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:29:36 »

Not enough manatees.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:30:17 »

oh ok i didnt really read all of it, goes back to same arguement of why we didnt offer him a longer deal

....or why didnt Morrison want a longer deal?
JPC82

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:32:09 »

if he was offered a longer deal he would have signed it, same with Lloyd, yet we give them 1 year deals and will lose out in the long run
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:42:49 »

Do you know that a fact
JPC82

« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:44:36 »

Do you know that a fact

i know for a fact only 1 year deals were offered, same with Callum
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:48:36 »

Fair enough
flammableBen

« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:48:57 »

Do you think that you are sometimes a bit trusting of what you are told?

I've got a mate who works in an office somewhere I can't remember. He was chatting to me on msn on his blackberry one day and told me he'd spotted a bird with the most amazing tits ever, yet he refused to follow her around for a bit and get a couple of phone camera snaps because he was scared that he might get fired. I remain suspicious of the possibility that the wonderfulness of the tits was exaggerated somewhat.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:51:15 »

i know for a fact only 1 year deals were offered, same with Callum

Sure it said on the O/S that Macklin was given a 2 yr deal.
girlyred

« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:57:08 »

Sean Morrison was with Plymouth Argyles U16 youth side he was released along with many of that side when Mike Pejik arrived, Dave Burns who knew him from Argyle offered him along with Tozer and Joyce a apprentiship with STFC Sad
JPC82

« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:58:03 »

Do you think that you are sometimes a bit trusting of what you are told?

I've got a mate who works in an office somewhere I can't remember. He was chatting to me on msn on his blackberry one day and told me he'd spotted a bird with the most amazing tits ever, yet he refused to follow her around for a bit and get a couple of phone camera snaps because he was scared that he might get fired. I remain suspicious of the possibility that the wonderfulness of the tits was exaggerated somewhat.

im only saying what im told, true or not i dont know
Spencer_White

« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 19:59:09 »

if he was offered a longer deal he would have signed it, same with Lloyd, yet we give them 1 year deals and will lose out in the long run

Not really. Chris Allen, Ben Joyce, Tom Evans, Sam Morris, Jake Hyde. The number released far outweighs the number who stayed on.

The current youth players will probably sign new deals, and if they dont we will still get compensation if other clubs sign them.

Only thing I would say is that football nowadays does miss out on the late developers.
JPC82

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 20:01:24 »

Not really. Chris Allen, Ben Joyce, Tom Evans, Sam Morris, Jake Hyde. The number released far outweighs the number who stayed on.

The current youth players will probably sign new deals, and if they dont we will still get compensation if other clubs sign them.

Only thing I would say is that football nowadays does miss out on the late developers.

but Morrison & Macklin are 2 of the best players we have had through the youth team in a long long time, Hyde Morris etc had no business being given contracts in the first place were never good enough
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: