Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78436 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 14:50:48 »

Nah, I'm going to stick to what I think is fair & that's 3.5 Million. I didn't say he was better or as good as Walcott, but if the Arse can pay 12 mill for someone to warm the bench we can demand 3.5 mill for Coxy.
Still I'm not the chairman, but if he goes for any less I would want a real good sell on clause.

From the Dark Side
STFC G-DOGG

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 14:53:09 »

3.5 mil probably is fair, but we arent gonna get it no matter what clubs bid for coxy. swindon will cave into a bid around the 2 mil mark, and DW wont really have much of a say in the matter.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 15:49:47 »

Thats where I beg to differ. Remember Diamandis has gone & we now have a decent board in place. Of couse AF will be swayed by a bid of 2 mill, but he will also know that with the number of clubs interested he could hold out for more & get it. If not Coxy stays & hopefully signs a new contract, increasing his value next season even more.

From the Dark Side
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 18:39:22 »

I think £2m would be more than enough to turn our Boards collective heads.  Lets not forget our place in the food chain here, that's around 40% of our turnover in a good year.  Granted we won't keep it all, but we are in no position to be turning down bids that cover 2 years Season tickets proceeds, especially when all and sundry are being released on free's as clubs finally seem to be reigning in the budgets.

Another factor is Fitton's desire to create a sort of Crewe style acamdemy style club, bringing on youngsters and selling them for profit.  To do that, we need to show players we'll give them a chance to shine, and when they do and decent enough clubs and bids come in, we'll let them go.  If we frustrate Cox, then other players will be much more wary about signing on permanently.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 18:54:23 »

If we can bank a million after all other dues are paid then I'd be satisfied, anything over that would be a bonus.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 19:16:48 »

If we can bank a million after all other dues are paid then I'd be satisfied, anything over that would be a bonus.
Anything less would be a joke.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 19:19:49 »

Anything less would be a joke.

But to get that much we'll be verging on a £2m fee.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 19:29:32 »

Correct axs....its about time this club showed its balls regarding transfer fees,we dont need to sell,hes under contract,if he has to stay another year because we refuse offers so be it...we get him for another season,and with him we have a sniff of the championship...and who knows he may decide to give it another season with us if we make the promised land.
nochee

« Reply #248 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 19:50:53 »

with him we have a sniff of the championship...and who knows he may decide to give it another season with us if we make the promised land.

I do like what you are saying but dont forget we need to sort out the players behind him to get any sort of look in at promotion.

Cox could not have done much more for us this past season and we still only just hung on. Lets not get carried away with CCC talk just yet.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 22:39:01 »

Nah, I'm going to stick to what I think is fair & that's 3.5 Million. I didn't say he was better or as good as Walcott, but if the Arse can pay 12 mill for someone to warm the bench we can demand 3.5 mill for Coxy.
Still I'm not the chairman, but if he goes for any less I would want a real good sell on clause.

But Arsenal didn't pay £12m for Walcott, they paid about £5m.

Which makes £1.5m for Cox an excellent price for all parties involved Smiley
Westwood

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, May 18, 2009, 22:49:36 »

if we can sell Lucas Jucawatsit and Tozer for a million then 1.5 is far too cheap.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 00:28:41 »

But Arsenal didn't pay £12m for Walcott, they paid about £5m.

It was more than that. The initial deal was for £5m, rising to £12m based on club / international appearances and other such stuff. Except as Southampton were broke they cut a deal with Arsenal two years after the transfer, for a lower but immediate payment and the final price was £9m.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 07:09:18 »

Swindon Town warned Celtic they will have to double their offer to land prolific striker Simon Cox.
Sportsmail understands that the Parkhead club approached the League One side with a package worth around £1.2million for Cox, plus teenage central defender Sean Morrison.
With a raft of English Premier and Championship clubs also interested in 36-goal striker Cox, however, Swindon rejected the proposal before slapping a £2.5m price-tag on the pair.
Chairman Andrew Fitton believes Champions League football would be a fitting stage for 22-year-old Cox, in particular.
 Wanted: Celtic are keen to land Swindon's prolific striker Simon Cox but have been told to double their bid if they are serious
Adamant that he is in no rush to sell a player he signed for just £200,000 from Reading last summer, however, Fitton said: 'We value Simon at £2.5m. We have made no secret of what we think his value is.
'I'm not surprised Celtic's interest is not going away because Simon is a class player. We have had two approaches from clubs, but nothing in writing.'
   More...Celts hit the wall: Caldwell blames negative Hibs for costly title slip
Kit parade: Celtic join Toon, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Arsenal
CELTIC FC NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB
Celtic have yet to declare their hand on the future of Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, with PSV interested in taking the Dutchman back to his homeland, but interest in Cox suggests there will be places up for grabs irrespective of this weekend's SPL climax.
'There is interest from one club in England. But what they cannot offer the player, unlike Celtic, is European football and playing in front of crowds of 60,000,' said Fitton.
Celtic have also enquired over 19-year-old defender Morrison.
Swindon recently had a bid of around £80,000 for Celtic defender Scott Cuthbert - who is on loan at St Mirren - rejected and a swap deal for the duo remains an option.
Another Parkhead loan star Paul McGowan, meanwhile, has warned Hamilton teammate James McCarthy to think carefully before holding out for a move to his boyhood idols.
 Target man: Hamilton rejected Celtic's bid for rising star James McCarthy
Celtic bid £500,000 for the Hamilton prospect last week and are expected to return with an increased offer after manager Gordon Strachan confirmed his interest in the player.
McGowan fears McCarthy could struggle for first-team football at Parkhead, saying: 'James is young and needs to be playing football. It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if he stayed at Hamilton.
'I'm sure he is good enough to make it at Celtic but it can be difficult - you just have to look at what happened to Derek Riordan.'
Meanwhile, Celtic coach Neil Lennon assured worried fans last night that Scott Brown should be okay for Sunday's vital home clash with Hearts - and allayed fears that he may need surgery.
The Scotland midfielder has been struggling with an ankle injury and was substituted in the closing stages of the 0-0 draw against Hibernian at Easter Road.
But Lennon told Celtic TV: 'Scott should be ready for the weekend, but he won't do a lot this week.
'He has had an ongoing ankle problem, but he had been getting through okay, although he struggled a bit in the last 20 minutes against HIbs.
'Hopefully, after a week's rest he should be OK. I wouldn't have thought it would go as far as an operation.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1184354/Celtic-told-double-bid-land-Swindon-striker-Simon-Cox.html?ITO=1490
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 07:17:18 »

Swindon rejected the proposal before slapping a £2.5m price-tag on the pair.

We value Simon at £2.5m. We have made no secret of what we think his value is.

So is it 2.5 mil for Cox, or 2.5 Mil for both?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 07:19:02 »

imagine 2.5 for Cox to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: