Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78412 times)
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 16:32:31 »

They may have funds available....didnt say they hadnt,but the fact is they are SKINT and wont have enough for Cox...most clubs have funds available for players,but have to cut there cloth accordingly..i bet they havnt even offered a million.

Mandaric told Pearson there is £10m to spend on transfers. And he's been spending the dosh already. 400k for Jack Hobbs, 200k for Wayne Brown, about to sign Danny N'Guessan for a fee that will be set by tribunal.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #226 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 18:24:40 »

£400,000 for Jack Hobbs was a good bit of dealing.

N'Guessan will be a flop.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 18:33:47 »

Exactly what I was trying to say a few days ago when I said bids of under 3.5 million should be rejected.
If the Arse can pay Southampscum 12 million for Walcott to warm the bench for years what is Cox really worth.

You can't really compare Cox an Walcott. Whilst Walcott was still a bit of a rough diamond when he went to Arsenal, the potential was there for all to see - you can't say the same about Cox. Sure Cox scores a lot of goals and shows the occasional flash of brilliance, but its still a big jump to someone of Walcott's world class quality.

Maybe, in cloud cuckoo land, the bidding for Cox could hit £4 million but hell will freeze over before it goes above that. Best case scenario is £2 million, at which point we should bite their hands off and take the deal.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 19:34:21 »

Mandaric told Pearson there is £10m to spend on transfers. And he's been spending the dosh already. 400k for Jack Hobbs, 200k for Wayne Brown, about to sign Danny N'Guessan for a fee that will be set by tribunal.

So 600,000...wow,if you believe Leicester are going to spend 10 million,i would be looking at something abit more shinier than those 3 diamonds!...
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 19:58:27 »

So 600,000...wow,if you believe Leicester are going to spend 10 million,i would be looking at something abit more shinier than those 3 diamonds!...
They have plenty more on their shortlist (including Cox).
The problem Leicester have is that unless they become a stable Premiership club, when Mandaric decides to call it a day they'll be back in financial meltdown. They're making heavy losses every year, and he won't be paying them off forever. It's another reason why I'm so grateful for having Fitton & Co in charge here.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 20:11:43 »

I may have to eat humble pie on this....but i cant see them paying what we want for Cox,i think they may struggle next year..i go to Leicester alot and half the fans dont like the manager..anyway chap ime hoping we offer him big bucks to stay for another season.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 20:31:57 »

I hope so too Leefer, I really do. But you can't deny a player the opportunity to go onto bigger and better things these days. And Cox sounds like the type of guy who wants to get to the Premiership for 'the flashy motors and the mansions' as soon as possible, so I can't see him being willing to stay another year. I really hope that I'm proved wrong though. Whatever happens I just hope it's sorted ASAP, Fitton can't afford to sell him too long down the line and leave us with little time to replace him.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 20:35:36 »

Also with only one year left weve got to cash in,i reckon it will be around 1.5 million.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 20:38:26 »

I'm hoping for a little more than that. About £2m and I would accept it with no hesitation at all.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 20:41:48 »

I think Fitton would too...lets hope its not one of these undisclosed deals!
IC89

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 12:39:02 »

Hello

Leicester fan here, I have been reading up on your views of Cox, and I just wanted to put in my two pennies worth.

Firstly, it is quite right that you should be looking for as much as possible. Cox is an exceptional striker at this level, and you should try and get the biggest fee and sell on clause possible.

As for us, well a lot of our fans do rate Cox highly, he was awesome when you outplayed us at the Walkers Stadium last season. I personally would like to see him. Fryatt was awful at CCC level, and to rely on him and the ageing Howard would be tough, we would love to see Cox here.

Fee? well I think that if Pearson was desperate enough, he would get Mandaric to pay £2m for him. We will pay that. I am baffled that we seem to have a lot of money, but Milan has and is making money, from a combo of his own money, season ticket sales and TV money, available.

Of course, that £2m may not be enough to secure his signature, as you may (rightly) demand more.

We don't need that many players really. We want to keep the squad as settled as possible, so it is feasable that we will be going for Quality rather than quantity, and as you know, Cox is quality.

If we do get him (and one of the insiders at the club says the deal is 80% done, though i'd take that with a pinch of salt after the story of your chairman rejecting bids) then I am sure there will be a 20% sell on clause in the contract.

I wish you well for next season, especially if you give us your best player  Cheesy

NB: regarding our finances... we did lose £14m last year, but Mandaric will not leave us without making a profit. He will invest heavily, even with his own money, to get us to the Premier League (not that we will get there any time soon  Sad) so he will spend... problem for us, is that he will sack if he needs to, and Pearson is the best thing to happen to this club in years.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 13:18:11 »

Hello

Leicester fan here, I have been reading up on your views of Cox, and I just wanted to put in my two pennies worth.

Firstly, it is quite right that you should be looking for as much as possible. Cox is an exceptional striker at this level, and you should try and get the biggest fee and sell on clause possible.

As for us, well a lot of our fans do rate Cox highly, he was awesome when you outplayed us at the Walkers Stadium last season. I personally would like to see him. Fryatt was awful at CCC level, and to rely on him and the ageing Howard would be tough, we would love to see Cox here.

Fee? well I think that if Pearson was desperate enough, he would get Mandaric to pay £2m for him. We will pay that. I am baffled that we seem to have a lot of money, but Milan has and is making money, from a combo of his own money, season ticket sales and TV money, available.

Of course, that £2m may not be enough to secure his signature, as you may (rightly) demand more.

We don't need that many players really. We want to keep the squad as settled as possible, so it is feasable that we will be going for Quality rather than quantity, and as you know, Cox is quality.

If we do get him (and one of the insiders at the club says the deal is 80% done, though i'd take that with a pinch of salt after the story of your chairman rejecting bids) then I am sure there will be a 20% sell on clause in the contract.

I wish you well for next season, especially if you give us your best player  Cheesy

NB: regarding our finances... we did lose £14m last year, but Mandaric will not leave us without making a profit. He will invest heavily, even with his own money, to get us to the Premier League (not that we will get there any time soon  Sad) so he will spend... problem for us, is that he will sack if he needs to, and Pearson is the best thing to happen to this club in years.
I think we will only get two mill. if a bidding war breaks out - and it must be remembered that Coxy has stated that he doesn't want to move too far away from his home in Reading.  He will be a good signing for any championship club although I have a few reservations as to wether he will go further than that, his inability at times to control the ball wil eventually let him down.  Other than that he has been a pleasure to watch and although I would love him to stay, wish him good luck wherever he moves on to.  Sadly I believe we have a 30% sell on fee to pay to Reading, so it will have to be a good offer to tempt us.  Best scenario for us is to persuade him to sign an improved contract, another season in league 1 learning his trade and then sell him off at the end of next season if we don't achieve championship football - and I am not expecting us to do so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 13:25:59 »

£2m sounds fair to me too.

Also not sure he's ready for the top level. Things that will currently stop Cox getting to the prem:
-Suspect first touch
-Missed sitters (!)
-Not quite got the killer pace over the first 5 yards.

Sounds like I'm picking holes in a player who is clearly miles to good to stay in our team. I'm not! His work rate, vision, technique, goals and more goals should be more than enough to take him through the transition to championship football. Then he can work on his weaknesses and we'll see if he can step up again.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 13:26:49 »

I thought he meant we would put a sell on clause in if we sold him.
STFC G-DOGG

« Reply #239 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 14:36:32 »

Big clubs are willing to pay big money for top quality young players, like coxy. however, when a club like swindon in league one are offered 2 mil for one player, the tempation to accept such a lot of money is too much to resist. for all we know, cox could be at his peak in a years time and end up another flop with huge promise. danny wilson should snatch any offer at 2 mil or above while he has the chance, and maybe go into non league for a potential replacement. (andy mangan of forest green is always worth a try)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: