Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78419 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 21:16:38 »

I like the fact they're willing to do some youtube research too

I would expect a Football Manager 2009 comment to emerge soon.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 21:30:37 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 22:08:11 »

Celtic and Rangers get out bid for the likes of Fulham and Hull nowadays.

They might want to set their sites higher, but to be honest Cox is exactly the sort of player they could go for and make a success of.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, May 10, 2009, 22:50:55 »

Holy Jesus Christ (That'll appeal to both sides)

If Cox goes to the sweaty's league without first trying Division two then he's got mental/agent problems.  He could make it in Division two at the very least, without question.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 00:50:51 »

Simon Cox playing Champions League football!!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 01:08:53 »

Celtic and Rangers get out bid for the likes of Fulham and Hull nowadays.

They might want to set their sites higher, but to be honest Cox is exactly the sort of player they could go for and make a success of.

They might be big clubs but they just don't have the money to compete with Premier League clubs and most likely a few Championship clubs as well - the BBC and Sky pay more for the Football League TV rights (£88 million a season) than Setanta pay for the SPL (£32 million a season). So they can't match the transfer fees or salaries, added to which who actually wants to play in the SPL? Scottish people maybe, but other than that?

It wouldn't be a good career move either would it? He'd get to play in (and lose) a few Champions League games, play 6-8 games against a decent team (Rangers) and then every other game against shit teams (League 1 standard). Going to pretty much any Championship team would be better than Celtic.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 08:33:31 »

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is the fact that maybe Reading might cast eyes down the m4. If they dont go up, and doyle goes, they'll be in the market. Be a no brainer for Coxy, and if we got 1/2 a mill, robson kanu and a couple of others of his ilk, might be a good deal all round.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 08:36:57 »

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is the fact that maybe Reading might cast eyes down the m4. If they dont go up, and doyle goes, they'll be in the market. Be a no brainer for Coxy, and if we got 1/2 a mill, robson kanu and a couple of others of his ilk, might be a good deal all round.

I agree.  Very plausible.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 08:52:21 »

I made a similar point on Thisis, but so far no-one there has agreed.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 08:54:14 »

You sound surprised? Most of them cant agree with their own postings.
dell boy

« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:06:29 »

I wouldn't want Kanu in part-exchange, young big head with lots of talent who is going nowhere in football. For me he has a poor attitude.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:11:38 »

I disagree. You need someone in a team who can weave a bit of magic and do something to turn a game on its head.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:13:45 »

Is John Moncur still available?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:18:07 »

We'll have Nicky Hammond back please.
dell boy

« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:18:19 »

I disagree. You need someone in a team who can weave a bit of magic and do something to turn a game on its head.
He has a bit of magic about him yes agree, he also plays for himself and whilst we are in the lower leagues can be a luxury, remember Zaboub.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:19:21 »

Sometimes he does look as though he's going through the motions, but he is a good player and can only get better, what you might find is he would then become the big fish and up his game even more.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: