Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157897 times)

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:44:18 »

Except that it isn't all rumours. Some of it has been claimed by new board members and the outgoing ones too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:45:08 »

And here lies the problem. All of what you have just posted as gospel is based on rumours 

I've tried very hard in that post, to avoid rumours and stick to the facts as far as we can ascertain. Even Flasheart accepts it. Would you care to paint an alternative scenario as you see it?
DRS

« Reply #992 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:50:41 »

Ok not all of it but the most important bit,btw Reg that was not a pop at you just what i have been reading in general

but are fronting up for unknown "money" men, who won't put in any money because of a possible litigation...which if it does happen is likely to take a year before being settled.

Thay have ring fenced 1.2m,which the fl very rarely ask clubs to do but thay have done so. One thing i have not seen mentioned much is Spencers role, i wonder if PDC legal case and him not being paid yet would allow the fl league to put us nder the embargo based on unpaid agent fee's
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #993 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:58:59 »

One thing i have not seen mentioned much is Spencers role, i wonder if PDC legal case and him not being paid yet would allow the fl league to put us nder the embargo based on unpaid agent fee's
You make a good point and a possible cause of the embargo, if the league can indeed place an embargo for unpaid agents fees....which does indeed sound perfrctly reasonable.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:04:17 »

You make a good point and a possible cause of the embargo, if the league can indeed place an embargo for unpaid agents fees....which does indeed sound perfrctly reasonable.

You choose to ignore the available evidence from the Chairman, in a quote from today's Adver, that...." we don’t have any debt and have paid all our bills"
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:08:23 »

To be fair Reg is bossing this debate at the moment, hands down
DRS

« Reply #996 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:10:35 »

You choose to ignore the available evidence from the Chairman, in a quote from today's Adver, that...." we don’t have any debt and have paid all our bills"
Would you pay DiCanio and his staff including Spencer febuarys wages if they walked out like they did?

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:11:13 »

We must bear in mind that boards are not transparent and will only tell people what they want them to hear. I think it is safe to assume they are not telling us the complete truth.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:19:41 »

Would you pay DiCanio and his staff including Spencer febuarys wages if they walked out like they did?

On entry into the company...I'd have been extremely mindful of the possibility of a constructive dismissal case being filed, given previous statements from PdC and his advisors.
DRS

« Reply #999 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:22:49 »

We must bear in mind that boards are not transparent and will only tell people what they want them to hear. I think it is safe to assume they are not telling us the complete truth.
Totally agree mate just think alot have been quick to crucify this lot when everything that is happening is inherited. If one year down the line these lot have overspent stupidly and we are under embargos due to mismanagment then yeah let's go fucking nuts.

What i do not get is that in summary this new lot are getting the blame for the following

Black wanting to bail out on us asap leaving us fucked
Black selling Ritchie
Wray not having the bollocks to say no to PDC
PDC spending what we didnt have
DRS

« Reply #1000 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:25:26 »

On entry into the company...I'd have been extremely mindful of the possibility of a constructive dismissal case being filed, given previous statements from PdC and his advisors.
Agree,and if you had been mindful and your legal advisors told you that they had no case to answer would you still pay them.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:32:25 »

Are you saying this dispute (if there is one) is merely over February's wages?

I'd say they were due at least half, seeing as they were in charge up to and including the Tranmere game, and to be honest if paying them another two weeks would get the whole issue resolved I'd probably be inclined to let them have it as a goodwill gesture - assuming I had the money to pay them, of course…
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:32:32 »

Agree,and if you had been mindful and your legal advisors told you that they had no case to answer would you still pay them.

Think I'd try and get my legal people, PdC's legal people and the LMA, round a table to thrash out a compromise. It would be naive in the extreme to think PdC's departure would be cost free.
DRS

« Reply #1003 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:38:23 »

Are you saying this dispute (if there is one) is merely over February's wages?

I'd say they were due at least half, seeing as they were in charge up to and including the Tranmere game, and to be honest if paying them another two weeks would get the whole issue resolved I'd probably be inclined to let them have it as a goodwill gesture - assuming I had the money to pay them, of course…
Just a theory that if Spencer was not paid then that could count as unpaid agent fees.Paying them may not be viable if they are facing a legal case from them.
DRS

« Reply #1004 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:39:46 »

Think I'd try and get my legal people, PdC's legal people and the LMA, round a table to thrash out a compromise. It would be naive in the extreme to think PdC's departure would be cost free.
Totally agree Reg and that would be the best outcome.I get the impression getting pdc around a table is probably very difficult though
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: