Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157918 times)
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:46:42 »

I'll tell you what, I'll be delighted to leave it when people stop it with the happy-clapping shit. It's irritating

So you aren't a happy clapper or a conspiracy theorist , but you dont believe everything that you hear either . What is your stance on this ?

This isnt a swipe at you , im genuinely interested

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:48:08 »

But its equally irritating being told to stop being a doomongering mong (paraphrasing)
for voicing concerns not based on provable fact!

Tell you what, TEF 'happy clap/mong' truce and group hug. I've no desire to piss people off so much they don't post. I'm sure everyone feels the same too (I mean in general, not just my posts).

Not saying I personally don't want to be corrected on things though. Far from it, sometimes getting some perspective and alternative points of view can be enlightening. Even if I disagree.
Flashheart

« Reply #932 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:49:10 »

So you aren't a happy clapper or a conspiracy theorist , but you dont believe everything that you hear either . What is your stance on this ?

This isnt a swipe at you , im genuinely interested

My stance is that this new lot may be very good, they may be very bad or something in between. We'll find out in due course.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:55:14 »

My stance is that this new lot may be very good, they may be very bad or something in between. We'll find out in due course.

Fence sitter Smiley
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:55:26 »

Don't you think some of the things going on are a little strange though ?

Flashheart

« Reply #935 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 11:58:15 »

Fence sitter Smiley

Ha ha  Smug Fuck Off

I can handle fence sitter actually, because that's exactly what I'm doing.
Flashheart

« Reply #936 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:00:52 »

Don't you think some of the things going on are a little strange though ?

The old debt seems a bit unusual and I don't like the sound of this carbon thingamy chap.

Asides from that, no.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:06:02 »

I would put myself within the 'fence sitter' category.

However, this season can be filed under 'Bat-Shit Crazy'.
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:06:22 »

The old debt seems a bit unusual and I don't like the sound of this carbon thingamy chap.

Asides from that, no.

Cool , i think a lot of people on here have the same concerns ,

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:18:27 »

If you want a recent example of asset stripping by owners paying themselves huge salaries whilst putting in as little as possible (I.e. next to fuck all), look no further than Port Vale.

To clarify, I'm not leveling that accusation at our new lot, but if you're saying clubs at our level are never a target for that type of parasite then you're wrong. There are plenty of examples.

However in light of the fact that Black has been bunging money into the club previously to meet day to day running costs suggests that the club is not sustainable in its present state, therefore to add substantial salaries to the mix would need further investment to pay the salaries, therefore would they not have to invest their own money to pay themselves.

Couple of other things...

The 1957 debt irritated me, but on reflection it is so specific I suspect there must be some truth in it otherwise it shows a fantastic imagination to come up with that. Equally even if it is only £30k I would not expect them to pay immediately, if it has come out of the blue I would expect them to look in detail before paying.

In terms of long term plans I would rather they concentrated on short term till seanson end, equally we don't know what they are doing in private as I would rather it was reasoanble and sorted until they launched.

I remain to be convinced either way on things, their communication hasn't been great but then if the whole debt embargo thing is unexpected and as off the wall as it sounds then I would rather they got on with sorting it out rather than making statements.

Jed made a big deal of wanting to engage with fans groups etc when he took over, has that happened yet, to me that in the first term is the key illustration of what their true aims/angle is.

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:38:35 »

People should be able to say what the fuck they like. It's a forum for fucks sake.
Like it or lump it
Flashheart

« Reply #941 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:49:10 »

People should be able to say what the fuck they like. It's a forum for fucks sake.
Like it or lump it

Correct.

And it works both ways. For as long as people like myself have to put up with the happy clapper shit for expressing views that some don't agree with, then we'll continue to criticise the conspiracy theorists.

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 12:59:10 »

Correct.

And it works both ways. For as long as people like myself have to put up with the happy clapper shit for expressing views that some don't agree with, then we'll continue to criticise the conspiracy theorists.

Doesn't have to be one or the other though. Why can't it be just what each individual thinks at the time regardless of where their point goes?

I currently think the board look a bunch of clowns and no good for the clubs long term future. No real evidence to back this up, just my gut feeling. This view could and hopefully will change for a more positive outlook in time, but for now that's where i am.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 14:35:19 »

Murrall shook my hand today. Good enough for me Cool
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 15:23:01 »

Murrall shook my hand today. Good enough for me Cool

Counted your fingers yet?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 76   Go Up