Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157928 times)
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:12:24 »

With trebuchets, moats and portcullises?

Raoul ? maybe gazza will turn up with his fishing rod and we can trick him into playing

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:16:32 »

I also heard he was going to redevelop the County Ground into an elaborate labyrinth, and then hide kidnapped children within it.

Fuck. Is David Bowie the mystery money man?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:20:07 »

What they have brought the club for ,who are their backers , what money do they have , what their plans are , what are they doing about the embargo , are they going to try and get in cheryl cole's knickers , what's their favourite cheese , do they think 'window lickers ' is an appropriate term . That will do for starters

I'm pretty sure the cheese question got asked and answered pretty early on in the process, and I'm not sure why people find it so hard to believe that they might have bought the club for exactly the reasons that they've given so far; that they like the idea of owning a football club, want to see us promoted to the championship and consolidate there (I'm not sure what other reasons make any sense to be honest as the club has always had a lot more liabilities than assets, so there's no fucking money to be made here).

The transfer embargo is fucking frustrating, but I think it seems pretty clear that the board are doing what they can but aren't really that sure what the issue is. The league wanted them to deposit a decent amount of cash to demonstrate they were financially robust, which they did; then the outstanding payments to other clubs emerged (which they missed because they bought in a rush without a chance for adequate due diligence), and they paid them; and now the league still aren't satisfied and seem to think the potential Dicanio court case might be an issue.

What fucks me off is dickheads posting paranoid bollocks that makes no sense. Really think about what P2P implied in this earlier post and consider whether it makes any fucking sense.

He thinks that a group of businessmen go to the time and expense of buying a football club that is challenging for promotion to the Championship and then deliberately set out to sabotage the promotion bid. Explain to me why they would do this? What are they trying to achieve? Bear in mind that any mental "They're just in it for the money" arguments will be laughed off the forum as the idiotic ramblings of someone with no fucking grasp of the realities of football finance.

..never go back.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:23:59 »

It's the logical conclusion.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:24:37 »

At least it might improve the pre-match entertainment and music.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:24:54 »

As far as anyone can tell they have 'spunked' very little money indeed.

Yeah because negotiating corporate buy outs is fucking easy and lawyers and accountants all work for free in the world of football.

The money they spent on those things, and the substantial sum that they've placed on deposit to satisfy the FL is cash that they're prepared to waste just to fuck up Swindon's promotion push for a laugh because they had nothing better to do with their time.

..never go back.
Flashheart

« Reply #891 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:28:58 »

Yeah because negotiating corporate buy outs is fucking easy and lawyers and accountants all work for free in the world of football.

The money they spent on those things, and the substantial sum that they've placed on deposit to satisfy the FL is cash that they're prepared to waste just to fuck up Swindon's promotion push for a laugh because they had nothing better to do with their time.

A lot of people seem to be simply ignoring the 1.2mil ring fenced or put it down to lies.
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:29:54 »

I'm pretty sure the cheese question got asked and answered pretty early on in the process, and I'm not sure why people find it so hard to believe that they might have bought the club for exactly the reasons that they've given so far; that they like the idea of owning a football club, want to see us promoted to the championship and consolidate there (I'm not sure what other reasons make any sense to be honest as the club has always had a lot more liabilities than assets, so there's no fucking money to be made here).

The transfer embargo is fucking frustrating, but I think it seems pretty clear that the board are doing what they can but aren't really that sure what the issue is. The league wanted them to deposit a decent amount of cash to demonstrate they were financially robust, which they did; then the outstanding payments to other clubs emerged (which they missed because they bought in a rush without a chance for adequate due diligence), and they paid them; and now the league still aren't satisfied and seem to think the potential Dicanio court case might be an issue.

What fucks me off is dickheads posting paranoid bollocks that makes no sense. Really think about what P2P implied in this earlier post and consider whether it makes any fucking sense.

He thinks that a group of businessmen go to the time and expense of buying a football club that is challenging for promotion to the Championship and then deliberately set out to sabotage the promotion bid. Explain to me why they would do this? What are they trying to achieve? Bear in mind that any mental "They're just in it for the money" arguments will be laughed off the forum as the idiotic ramblings of someone with no fucking grasp of the realities of football finance.

The problem seems that with very little coming from the club in the way of statements( that make sense ) , people are gonna jump to their own conclusions however fanciful , this will continue until something positive happens im afraid. Getting out of the embargo would be a good start , surely someone does know what the issue is .

GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:33:52 »

i will be dancing in the street if it is

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #894 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:38:10 »

I don't think the lack of assets have stopped people from making money from clubs.
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:52:31 »

question asked to Andrew Black

could you possibly enlighten us regards the debt owed by STFC dating back to 1957 (approx 30k). many thanks!

reply from Andrew Black

my understanding is that the club has been into admin twice in recent years in which case I imagine all debt has been cleared.  I don't know anything about any old debt.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 18:12:55 »

At least it might improve the pre-match entertainment and music.
I'm not a Bowie fan but anything would improve pre-match music!!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 19:47:28 »

I don't think the lack of assets have stopped people from making money from clubs.

Really? Name any three clubs at our level that turn a regular profit sufficient to make takeover costs worth the investment?

..never go back.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 20:09:46 »

Really? Name any three clubs at our level that turn a regular profit sufficient to make takeover costs worth the investment?

If you want a recent example of asset stripping by owners paying themselves huge salaries whilst putting in as little as possible (I.e. next to fuck all), look no further than Port Vale.

To clarify, I'm not leveling that accusation at our new lot, but if you're saying clubs at our level are never a target for that type of parasite then you're wrong. There are plenty of examples.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #899 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 23:13:27 »

I think Diamandes did a sterling job of making the most out of a club worth fuck all
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: