Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157926 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #870 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 14:49:29 »

Not just thick skin though is it Wink
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 14:52:43 »

Clearly not. If Watkins had been aware of it, it would have had to have been revealed during due diligence prior to the sale and so wouldn't have taken the new owners by surprise. Still sounds like an excuse to me but no idea for what.

Going point I suppose, it does sound like an excuse but the thing that strikes me is it is so bizzare.

Amazing though how new owners can build up a wall of negativity against themselves so quickly - but we are well primed in looking for the dodgy goings on of football club owners
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 15:09:20 »

Not just thick skin though is it Wink

You'd be surprised, I have done alright.  But in this instance I admit my posting in a rush without thinking and therefore, being a thick twat! Smiley

Mind you, in this place it is a regular occurance so I don't feel so bad!  At least I haven't been called a window licker, cos that would be really bad!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #873 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 15:10:36 »

You'd be surprised, I have done alright.  But in this instance I admit my posting in a rush without thinking and therefore, being a thick twat! Smiley

Mind you, in this place it is a regular occurance so I don't feel so bad!  At least I haven't been called a window licker, cos that would be really bad!

[url width=640 height=480]http://i.imgur.com/Pbyhf.gif[/url]
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:24:54 »

Someone said to me earlier that you would have thought with this embargo stuff and the excuses given you would be forgiven for thinking the new board dont want promotion.

Then I thought How much would promotion cost ? there would more than likely be significant promotion bonuses for the players, increased wage bill for next season, how many have clauses in their contract for a wage rise, having to put money into pot to secure some decent players for next season - that would cost quite a bit of money and this new lot may not have that sort of money so may be quietly happy to see us not go up this season.

I know it's a conspiracy theory but they do not seem quick to do things....
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:30:01 »

Someone said to me earlier that you would have thought with this embargo stuff and the excuses given you would be forgiven for thinking the new board dont want promotion.

Then I thought How much would promotion cost ? there would more than likely be significant promotion bonuses for the players, increased wage bill for next season, how many have clauses in their contract for a wage rise, having to put money into pot to secure some decent players for next season - that would cost quite a bit of money and this new lot may not have that sort of money so may be quietly happy to see us not go up this season.

I know it's a conspiracy theory but they do not seem quick to do things....

I'm growing tired of this bollocks. Could one of you paranoid fuckers just explain to me in simple terms what the fuck it is you think these people have bought the club for?

What sinister purpose do you think they're working on that makes it worth spunking a load of their time and money?

All closet Oxford fans plotting to do the club down perhaps?
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:45:49 by dalumpimunki » Logged

..never go back.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:43:54 »

I'm growing tired of this bollocks. Could one of you paranoid fuckers just emplain to me in simple terms what the fuck it is you think these people have bought the club for?

What sinister purpose do you think they're working on that makes it worth spunking a load of their time and money?

i think most of us would rather them explain

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:46:17 »

i think most of us would rather them explain

Explain what?

..never go back.
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:53:37 »

Explain what?

What they have brought the club for ,who are their backers , what money do they have , what their plans are , what are they doing about the embargo , are they going to try and get in cheryl cole's knickers , what's their favourite cheese , do they think 'window lickers ' is an appropriate term . That will do for starters

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:00:32 »

Is it true that the new board plans to make Swindon Town FC radioactive in an attempt to improve the crowds and Supermarine?
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:03:56 »

Is it true that the new board plans to make Swindon Town FC radioactive in an attempt to improve the crowds and Supermarine?

would that improve  the crowds ?  i heard they were going to shrink the County ground down so the crowd would look bigger

thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:05:50 »

I'm growing tired of this bollocks. Could one of you paranoid fuckers just explain to me in simple terms what the fuck it is you think these people have bought the club for?

As far as anyone can tell they have 'spunked' very little money indeed.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:06:59 »

I also heard he was going to redevelop the County Ground into an elaborate labyrinth, and then hide kidnapped children within it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #883 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:08:42 »

I also heard he was going to redevelop the County Ground into an elaborate labyrinth, and then hide kidnapped children within it.
Too Austrian.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #884 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:08:54 »

With trebuchets, moats and portcullises?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: