Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157918 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 07:47:53 »

Off the subject a bit here but does anyone know when the CG lease actually expires? And is it possible that debts are secured against the lease which have to be paid upon it's completion? Just a random thought about where this old debt may have arisen from.

It'll be interesting to see if the lease is extended and if so for how long. Getting a bit worried about the board's stance on the CG and any potential development or lack of it.

To be extended 250 years apparently (from 2012)

Swindon Council owns the land the stadium is on but will not provide any funding. Instead, when the club’s lease expires in March, the council plans to give them a 250-year lease through a collaboration agreement, which will act as a fixed asset against which to lever funding.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/archive/2012/07/12/Gazette+Football+%28gazette_sport_football%29/9813913.SWINDON_TOWN__Club_reveal_stadium_redevelopment_plans/

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #856 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 08:54:49 »

He is being doom and gloom. He's having a sarky dig at JJ. Whoosh  Wink
He can dig all he wants hes still a cunt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:06:20 »

[Berniman]Can someone pick up a sports almanac from 1957 as it could solve the money problem?[/Berniman]

Yep, thanks for pointing that out in your sig Si.  i knew what I meant at the time, fuck knows what I meant now.  At least I am contributing to the 80% bollocks, and admit it.  A lot of people on here recently are, and don't.

I sha'll get my PA to proof read all posts in future.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:04:53 »

And the past, when you go back there Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:30:23 »

At least I am contributing to the 80% bollocks, and admit it.  A lot of people on here recently are, and don't.

Still calmly understated I see Smiley

I liked the quote, we all knew what you meant but the opportunity to take the piss should never be passed up.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:33:15 »

I still don't understand that joke and what the hell is a sports almanack?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:35:35 »

The old board wanted a 99 year lease or 999 year lease
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:36:36 »

I still don't understand that joke and what the hell is a sports almanack?

Dude, you've never watched Back to The Future. You disgust me.

Sports Almanac - book of historic sports results and other info. Marty McFly took a 1985 one back to 1955, hence it could prove valuable down the bookies. Whereas Bernard...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Illustrated-Almanac-2013/dp/1603209344
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:41:46 by Batch » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 12:37:47 »

Mark Devlin on twitter has said he recalls nothing of a 1957 debenture during his time

The one to ask though surely is Nick Watkins being the most recent CEO
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #864 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 13:22:16 »

Yep, thanks for pointing that out in your sig Si.  i knew what I meant at the time, fuck knows what I meant now.  At least I am contributing to the 80% bollocks, and admit it.  A lot of people on here recently are, and don't.

I love it, makes me chuckle every time I read it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 13:24:46 »

The one to ask though surely is Nick Watkins being the most recent CEO
Clearly not. If Watkins had been aware of it, it would have had to have been revealed during due diligence prior to the sale and so wouldn't have taken the new owners by surprise. Still sounds like an excuse to me but no idea for what.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 14:01:02 »

Clearly not. If Watkins had been aware of it, it would have had to have been revealed during due diligence prior to the sale and so wouldn't have taken the new owners by surprise. Still sounds like an excuse to me but no idea for what.

The new owners didn't participate in due diligence though did they? I was under the impression that was the reason they were able to takeover due to the tight timescale.

In theory mode...I'm wondering if the "1957 debt" is a debenture whose maturity is linked to the expiry of the lease, a debt which provided Swindon the funds to purchase the old Shrivvy stand in 1958 from Aldershot. Which is why it has only cropped up now

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 14:27:35 »

yes,yes,yes it's my autumn almanac
.... love that song
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 14:39:26 »

Still calmly understated I see Smiley

I liked the quote, we all knew what you meant but the opportunity to take the piss should never be passed up.

I agree, and if I was in the other boat I would do exactly the same.  I was just showing my gratitude to Si for well and truly rubbing my face in it.  I wish I would have taken the chance and kicked him off the pitch a few years ago when I had the opportunity. Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 14:42:14 »

Dude, you've never watched Back to The Future. You disgust me.

Sports Almanac - book of historic sports results and other info. Marty McFly took a 1985 one back to 1955, hence it could prove valuable down the bookies. Whereas Bernard...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sports-Illustrated-Almanac-2013/dp/1603209344

Alright alright.  I wish I would have kicked you off the pitch also..

You bunch of cunts....   Smug Fuck Off

It's lucky I have thick skin, just remember I know what you all look like!!!

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: