Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157930 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:43:26 »

We've waited ages for a statement from the board to explain the embargo situation and now we've got one the position is even more confused and leaves more questions unanswered than answered.If the previous employees include DiCanio then he will join Neil Ruddock as my most hated ex Town employee.I sincerely hope its not though as some of my best memories of STFC came under his management.I've followed Town since 1967 and have had more than my fair share of grabbing twats as well
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:45:50 »

Debts from 1957? This is clearly some Marty McFly type bullshit.

[url width=462 height=320]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzeigxaIyi1qkrxbwo1_500.gif[/url]
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #782 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:46:46 »

I've had a shit day at work and am just about to begin to erase memory of it.

While I'm sober I'd like to say that this beats anything the Greek cunt and Uncle Bob dished up. I don't mind supporting a team that is shit and others laugh at - that's OK. What I do object to is having the piss taken out of me by shyster cunts who have been here 5 minutes. How the fuck did they think this would appease? Its got to be a deliberate piss take - it cant be anything else.

I'm sharpening my pitchfork while I hammer down some ale.
Flashheart

« Reply #783 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:48:35 »

The problem is that the FL won't comment on anything so we're taking our new board at face value who have so far said very little and what they have said has so far been inaccurate.

Oh, I know.

While this old debt appears unusual I honestly don't know if that is something to be alarmed about. I don't think it at all far fetched that somebody digging around would find something that has been missed previously or perhaps a change in policy means more stringent searches, or some other gubbins. Not being knowledgeable in that field I'm going to wait and look to the likes of Samdy and Si for their take on it. Samdy's already raised the question of whether or not it is a football debt.

As for the PDC thing I don't think any of us should be surprised if he is trying to sue. Whether or not that would keep us under embargo I just don't know. Nobody here does.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:50:26 »

WHAT A CROCK OF FUCKING SHOITE
Flashheart

« Reply #785 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:51:57 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 4m
Di Canio's representative politely declined to comment on suggestion the Italian could sue Town, when contacted by the Adver this evening.
kerry red

« Reply #786 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:59:46 »

The only thing I can say in defence of the board is that if they have decided to issue a load of bollocks to the fans, this is so obviously bullshit that even they couldn't make it up and expect anyone to believe it. Surely they could have concocted something more believable.

If we owe £50k from 57 years ago maybe it was something to do with Graham Turner's 50th birthday party.

Now, either PdC has taken legal action or he hasn't - just threatening to should not be reason enough to put the kibosh on our club.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:00:51 »

People focusing on wrong issue here. It's my understanding that 1957 & other long-term debts are around £30k and can be sorted fairly simply

It should at least be held up to scrutiny. It makes me uneasy that the person we're relying on to get us answers to this perplexing statement is happy to dismiss it out of hand just when we need some tough and sceptical journalism to reflect the public mood. I'm hoping he'll pursue urgent clarification on:

1. For what and to whom are these debts owed? (it seems so bizarre and improbable this is the only way to prevent us all from considering it total bullshit).
2. How have these debts survived two administrations and the attention of all the regimes since 1957 only to re-emerge fully in tact in 2013, at what just so happens to be a critical period on the expiring time scale in which we have to get out of embargo?
3. Why was Jed so unwilling to discuss this with the fans earlier? Having now revealed what he claims the issues are, why did he seem to make out it was something the fans were better off not knowing? Why then is he willing to discuss it now?
4. Has the FL asked the board to ring-fence more money to cover the possibility of legal action, and if so how much have they requested?

Now the board have brought the alleged issues up, most of them appear to be things they should be perfectly capable of clarifying and discussing with the media (excepting details of the former employee, as if that needed further clarification).

Sam has to go after clear answers on these issues, and the board have to give him clear answers in reply. If they aren't able to do this, if they aren't willing to let their statement stand up to the light of scrutiny, then we'll all have pretty good reason not to trust what they've been saying.

I am still not willing to write off this board entirely, I'm still hopeful Jed's 100% confidence in lifting the embargo is sincere and well-placed, but mine, and a lot of other peoples future as season ticket holders could be decided by their actions and transparency in the next seven days.

One things for sure, it's going to be an interesting week ahead. 
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:02:59 »

Hi people,
did some investigation today into STFC and Seabeck87. worried is all i can say after what i saw. Not really sure what i can leagally disclose really but if anyone else has access to credit checking then check it for yourself. what i will say is that, owners seem to have very little or no money, club is in black bank wise yet massively minus in net worth. new backers added to seabeck and no difference to credit rating. I did this after reading club statement and now even more worried that owners will be borrowing against the club rather than their own money now that mr Black has cleared the debt. I for one am very worried. Thoughts?
Flashheart

« Reply #789 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:06:39 »

We know already they are not minted. This is why people are asking who the mystery backers are
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:07:23 »

Hello PWP

I'm going to join the trust (think I did the odd season in the mid 2000's), but there does seem to be a lot of info missing on the website.  Not a criticism as such, just worth updating if there's going to be a rush of new members.

Any idea how many members there are and what the current accounts are showing?

Cheers

I'll answer on behalf of PWP.

The old website crashed, and we lost all our old data. With being only 5 board members, we just have enough time doing what we can.

Hopefully with all that's been going on, we might get some additional board members, who can regularly update the website.

Members total roughly about 120...but are going up on a daily basis.

Regarding accounts, we are doing 2 years on Wednesday, to catch up. We made a deficit in the latest years accounts due to the share revaluation of the shares by the club at the AGM, which reduced our £11k shareholding to £110, after the club split the shareholding into A and B shares, and declared that the B shares were 'valueless' despite being 99% of the value.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:08:51 »

Oh, I know.

While this old debt appears unusual I honestly don't know if that is something to be alarmed about. I don't think it at all far fetched that somebody digging around would find something that has been missed previously or perhaps a change in policy means more stringent searches, or some other gubbins. Not being knowledgeable in that field I'm going to wait and look to the likes of Samdy and Si for their take on it. Samdy's already raised the question of whether or not it is a football debt.

Trouble is Flashheart it's becoming increasingly clear that things are worrying due to a culmination of things  A takeover that didn't partake in due diligence, a board that is reluctant to communicate, a consortium that refuses to name its backers, a director who is quietly appointed and who apparently has a dubious past, a consortium who so far has demonstrated a lack of money, bullshit excuses on why the embargo still stands because of some debt apparently from the '50s and that's just for starters.

The whole takeover doesn't pass the 'smell test'... I'm seriously alarmed.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:09:06 »

Di Canio's representative politely declined to comment on suggestion the Italian could sue Town, when contacted by the Adver this evening.

I've got out my 'ways to make yourself even more unappealing to a prospective future chairmen' bingo card out and i'm shouting "full house!"

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #793 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:10:55 »

It sounds like a load of shit, but it's such a radical statement there has to be an element of truth to it, surely?

On the basis it is true then perhaps the debt is something to do with the lease maybe?

With the ex-employees, it's plausible that they are claiming they are owed money. This essentially makes them a football creditor which is probably why the FL are getting shirty.
kerry red

« Reply #794 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 19:12:22 »

But just what can the new board put up as security for any loans they may wish to get.

We dont own the stadium, the only assets are the players and advance season ticket sales (which will probably be nil as from today).

That was how the Rangers fella (Craig White?) managed to buy the club with no money of his own - and that turned out well for them, eh!

Maybe the delay has been due to the enormous number of sofas the board have had to scavenge down the back of.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: