Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157903 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:27:06 »

What a crock of shit.  How can a bunch of "businessmen" turn a club that was going in the right direction at such a pace into an absolute laughing stock in such a short period of time.

This, my friends, is not going to end well.  After reading that stinking pile of BS I am now totally convinced of that.  It would be painfull and embarrassing to watch next season if KMAC did pull off a miracle and get us up.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:27:25 »

Understatement of the year award goes to...Sam Morshead  Smiley

"It's odd, granted"

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:28:07 »

One thing that really concerns me is the apparent behaviour of the FL.

They put us under embargo for reason A. We resolve reason A but before we do they find reason B. By the time we've resolved reason B they've come up with reason C and so on. It could go on for ever and you have to question whether any of the subsequent reasons would have been justification for an embargo on their own. If not it should have been lifted, the fact we were already under an embargo is immaterial.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:28:19 »

I don't know Paul.

But how long ago was this particular issue raised? They say they thought everything was all clear the middle of last week, and this has been raised since. A matter of days. And would they/should they just pay it without question without going WTF first?
No, and if that was all they were claiming was a stumbling block then maybe. But it's the overall package of excuses being presented, none of which really bear much examination, that sounds all too like "and then once I'd got my books back from the dog, they were too muddy for me to even be able to do my homework, miss". It's the cumulative effect, and I'm sorry but I think we're being taken for mugs here. Hope I'm wrong.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:29:29 »

It's total bullshit and I'm angry at everyone involved in this clusterfuck.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:29:42 »

They put us under embargo for reason A. We resolve reason A but before we do they find reason B. By the time we've resolved reason B they've come up with reason C and so on. It could go on for ever and you have to question whether any of the subsequent reasons would have been justification for an embargo on their own. If not it should have been lifted, the fact we were already under an embargo is immaterial.
That is, of course, assuming that we're being told the truth about this chain of events. I think the FL make a very convenient bogeyman in all this, especially given their own self-imposed vow of silence around embargoes
Flashheart

« Reply #741 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:30:22 »

If the debt thing wasn't mentioned, would people still be so up in arms?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:30:28 »

I guess it's possible we might not even be under embargo?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:31:43 »

I won't keep hijacking this thread with plugs for the Trust, but I do think anyone concerned should join, and if possibly head to the AGM. They might not be able to provide all the answers, but you should find some common purpose.

http://www.truststfc.com/join/

Renewed a couple of days ago. Hopefully it won't be necessary.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:34:19 »

Renewed earlier this afternoon,before the bollox club statement.

Nice one hopefully others will join you. I realise communications to new and old members have been in short supply recently, but expect that to change post next weeks meeting. Do get along if you can.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:34:19 »

If the debt thing wasn't mentioned, would people still be so up in arms?

I don't think it's about the debt thing, it's about the lack of information with their information.  There are just too many holes in what they are saying.  If they are well backed, which is what they state, just pay the £30k, just pay the couple of weeks of wages owed to "the special one" and his team and move the fuck on, promotion will get you back that money instantly.

This lot haven't got a pot to piss in.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #746 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:36:27 »

Given that we have apparently sold a thousand season tickets @ £330 each (minimum) then they should have the best part of £300,000 lying around. Can't see it being a money issue.
Flashheart

« Reply #747 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:36:36 »

I don't think it's about the debt thing, it's about the lack of information with their information.  There are just too many holes in what they are saying.  If they are well backed, which is what they state, just pay the £30k, just pay the couple of weeks of wages owed to "the special one" and his team and move the fuck on, promotion will get you back that money instantly.

This lot haven't got a pot to piss in.

We're told they are paying the debt. The alleged legal case has nothing to do with outstanding wages.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:36:51 »

If they are well backed, which is what they state, just pay the £30k, just pay the couple of weeks of wages owed to "the special one" and his team and move the fuck on, promotion will get you back that money instantly.

If the ex-employee is indeed the special one (and his entourage) and I'm not saying it is, then I think it would be more than just a couple of weeks wages they'd be claiming. They'd be going for the rest of the contract and probably bonuses as well.

The special ones contract ran until the summer of 2015, so him and his team could be claiming 2.5 years salary and bonuses. Which is a shit load of money, well in excess of £1m. If indeed it is him and I'm not saying it is.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:40:05 by jonny72 » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:37:06 »

Put the 1957 debt to one side - odd though it is, it's just a distractor issued by the club to imply the unreasonableness of the action. Lots of clubs are in dispute with former employees without having an embargo imposed, so I'm afraid we have to assume that the issues are considered by the FL to be worthy of their direct intervention, which is worrying indeed. Without getting all conspiratorial, the FL does seem to have serious concerns about our club and/or board.

As usual, a club statement continues to raise more questions than it answers.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: