Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157926 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:10:44 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 2m
People focusing on wrong issue here. It's my understanding that 1957 & other long-term debts are around £30k and can be sorted fairly simply

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 1m
That extra £30k-ish appears to have been found during due diligence made impossible previously due to necessary speed of takeover.
In which case, he may be right that people are "focusing on the wrong issue". Maybe we should be focusing on quite how difficult the new board seem to be finding it to scrape together £30k. Which I appreciate is not pocket change, but with season ticket money coming in at the moment perhaps indicates that the amount they have available to invest themselves on top of the business's normal revenue is negligible.

Where's these "substantial backers" who apparently can't scrape together £30k then?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:11:27 »

Lord give me strength. What utter tripe! Cant believe they would expect us to swallow any of that dribble. I expect after the transfer window has closed all issues will be resolved.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:12:39 »

People focusing on wrong issue here. It's my understanding that 1957 & other long-term debts are around £30k and can be sorted fairly simply

Well, see, I don't think we are focusing on the wrong issue. It boggles the mind how a debt from 1957 has been 'lost' for 56 years only to resurface and cause an obstruction when it's least welcome. It's not how easy it is to sort out, more that the ridiculousness of the situation has occurred at precisely the wrong time. Infuriation at debts that are more than half a century old is not 'focusing on the wrong issue'. Ex-staff suing us was just expected because Di Canio had said beforehand about it.

I'm interested to see what the case they put forward regarding suing the board is. I imagine it will be directed at the new one (for maximum publicity if nothing else), and probably revolve around Ritchie's sale/broken contractual promises. Will be fascinating see precisely where they think they have legal recourse.
Flashheart

« Reply #723 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:13:08 »

In which case, he may be right that people are "focusing on the wrong issue". Maybe we should be focusing on quite how difficult the new board seem to be finding it to scrape together £30k. Which I appreciate is not pocket change, but with season ticket money coming in at the moment perhaps indicates that the amount they have available to invest themselves on top of the business's normal revenue is negligible.

Where's these "substantial backers" who apparently can't scrape together £30k then?

The statement says they were only made aware of that middle of last week Paul.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:13:23 »

Thats the easy bit though, its the other part of the statement thats a problem

Legal issues from former employers? If its one weeks pay for the former than what's the issue, and if its Paolo trying to get in A legal battle with us what rights does he have? He left the club he didn't get sacked it wasn't unfair dismissal, and you can't get into a legal battle because the board sold one of your players.

It's a ridiculous situation.

Also if paying the debt is the easy part, why haven't they done it yet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:13:34 »

I expect after the transfer window has closed all issues will be resolved.
I'm starting to worry that this is just the tip of a very unpleasant iceberg.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:14:19 »

The statement says they were only made aware of that middle of last week Paul.
Yeah, I know that's what it says. I just think it's horseshit.

And even if it were true, how long does it take to transfer 30 grand if you actually have substantial backers? Not long if you've got it .....
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:15:53 by pauld » Logged
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:16:17 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 1m
That extra £30k-ish appears to have been found during due diligence made impossible previously due to necessary speed of takeover.

Could someone on Twitter ask Morshead to get in touch with Di Canio or his representatives for a reaction to that part of the tale? If he is threatening legal action he'd better have a bloody good reason, and if he's not then it adds weight to the belief that the whole thing was made up in the pub over a long lunch.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:17:26 »

The 1957 debt is ridiculous - there is no way, if it exists, that we'd still be liable for it, surely?

As for the legal action, I fail to see how a club can be put under embargo just in case we lose a lawsuit that may or may not actually happen. Does that not open the floodgates for all ex-managers to plunge their former clubs into embargo on a whim, for a tasty bit of revenge?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:17:45 »

Can we sue Paolo for being a lying cunt Cool
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:18:41 »

I won't keep hijacking this thread with plugs for the Trust, but I do think anyone concerned should join, and if possibly head to the AGM. They might not be able to provide all the answers, but you should find some common purpose.

http://www.truststfc.com/join/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:18:57 »

The 1957 debt is ridiculous - there is no way, if it exists, that we'd still be liable for it, surely?

As for the legal action, I fail to see how a club can be put under embargo just in case we lose a lawsuit that may or may not actually happen. Does that not open the floodgates for all ex-managers to plunge their former clubs into embargo on a whim, for a tasty bit of revenge?
Quite. If that was true, pretty much every club in the league would be permanently under embargo. Horseshit from start to finish
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:20:54 »

Think you read that wrong. By focusing on the wrong issue I believe he meant the £30k is trivial and not a problem, the real issue is the potential legal action from an ex-employee.

Seems that they thought all the debts had been cleared last week. Then another £30k comes out of nowhere. They need time to verify the debt, make the payment, get the paperwork to the FL and so on. Doubt you can just get your Visa out and enter your pin number to clear it on the spot.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:24:39 »

I won't keep hijacking this thread with plugs for the Trust, but I do think anyone concerned should join, and if possibly head to the AGM. They might not be able to provide all the answers, but you should find some common purpose.

http://www.truststfc.com/join/

Renewed earlier this afternoon,before the bollox club statement.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Flashheart

« Reply #734 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 17:24:44 »

Yeah, I know that's what it says. I just think it's horseshit.

And even if it were true, how long does it take to transfer 30 grand if you actually have substantial backers? Not long if you've got it .....

I don't know Paul.

But how long ago was this particular issue raised? They say they thought everything was all clear the middle of last week, and this has been raised since. A matter of days. And would they/should they just pay it without question without going WTF first?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: