Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157930 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:03:28 »

Apparently jed has said embargo will be 100% lifted before end of window.

He didn't state which window however!,
The reason for that is he's still running through old tapes of Play School and cannot decide whether it is the round one, square one or arched one. These are tough management choices you know, they take time to resolve.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 07:34:30 »

The reason for that is he's still running through old tapes of Play School and cannot decide whether it is the round one, square one or arched one. These are tough management choices you know, they take time to resolve.
Cheesy

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 15:59:24 »

He says by the end of the window so we may come out of embargo as soon as it is closed or a few mins before thus leaving it to late to sign players - synical view
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 18:46:53 »

He says by the end of the window so we may come out of embargo as soon as it is closed or a few mins before thus leaving it to late to sign players - synical view

Also cynical perhaps (and maybe I'm reading too much into it), but the fact that he's so confident that it'll be lifted before the window ends might appear to suggest that the hold up is in our hands and not down to the FL after all. If the FL are dragging their heels why not say "well we've done all we can the ball's now in their court"?

Not a critisism, just an observation.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 18:52:26 »

Also cynical perhaps (and maybe I'm reading too much into it), but the fact that he's so confident that it'll be lifted before the window ends might appear to suggest that the hold up is in our hands and not down to the FL after all. If the FL are dragging their heels why not say "well we've done all we can the ball's now in their court"?

A perfectly reasonable one to my mind. When the takeover was dragging on there was communication that it was with the FL and they were the ones taking their time.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 18:59:52 »

Nothing cynical or "reading too much..." about it; the guy's admitted as much on Twitter.

See: http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=50784.msg1176144#msg1176144

See also the attached.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:09:42 »

Nothing cynical or "reading too much..." about it; the guy's admitted as much on Twitter.

See: http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=50784.msg1176144#msg1176144

See also the attached.

Erm call me dim but all I see there is that he says they're working towards it (i.e. lifting the embargo I assume) and in the other bit you quote that they're working to resolve the (unseen?) "issues". How's that amount to admitting that the hold up's in our hands? Like I say, maybe I've missed something here (and FWIW I'm not discounting or poo-pooing the idea either)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:15:17 »

Erm call me dim but all I see there is that he says they're working towards it (i.e. lifting the embargo I assume) and in the other bit you quote that they're working to resolve the (unseen?) "issues". How's that amount to admitting that the hold up's in our hands? Like I say, maybe I've missed something here (and FWIW I'm not discounting or poo-pooing the idea either)

My point was that Manc seemed to be implying that what he was saying was in some way controversial, whereas Jed has admitted that it's something the board are working on and not something that is simply sitting in a basket on the FL's desk.

Edit: I see what you are getting at now - I wasn't suggesting Jed is holding things up deliberately, merely that the ball is in his court.  I don't doubt for a moment that he and his associates are working very hard to lift the embargo - any suggestion they would deliberately hold it up is clearly ludicrous.  If they didn't want to spend any money they wouldn't need an excuse, it's their money to spend or not spend as they see fit.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:19:10 by Peter Gibbons » Logged

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:36:08 »

My point was that Manc seemed to be implying that what he was saying was in some way controversial

Eh? Not at all, just anxious not to appear hysterical or to jump to conclusions on the basis of an interpretation of a twitter comment.

But anyway, Moreshead keeps telling us everything's been paid and sorted at our end and Morrell told us on Friday it would be Monday. I hadn't seen Jed's other tweet you posted, but even if that is an admission that the ball's in his court (it isn't) then clearly someone's been telling porkies.

Edit: I see what you are getting at now - I wasn't suggesting Jed is holding things up deliberately, merely that the ball is in his court.  I don't doubt for a moment that he and his associates are working very hard to lift the embargo - any suggestion they would deliberately hold it up is clearly ludicrous.

Agreed. But my main concern is that it's a funding issue.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 19:40:10 »

Agreed. But my main concern is that it's a funding issue.

Then we're agreed Smiley

[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 23:35:16 »

I bet it's all to do with PDC and his exit.  There was the issues around having his resignation accepted or not, along with threats of legal action etc. etc. etc...

It is all probably in the hands of solicitors, and until the paperwork has all been completed and his resignation / dismissal / whatever the leagal term used is completed, the League won't lift the M'Bongo because there is an outstanding creditor.  Hence the "It's being worked on" and "Will explain in detail later" comments from Jed.

fatbasher

« Reply #626 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 07:37:23 »

I bet it's all to do with PDC and his exit.  There was the issues around having his resignation accepted or not, along with threats of legal action etc. etc. etc...

It is all probably in the hands of solicitors, and until the paperwork has all been completed and his resignation / dismissal / whatever the leagal term used is completed, the League won't lift the M'Bongo because there is an outstanding creditor.  Hence the "It's being worked on" and "Will explain in detail later" comments from Jed.

If all outstanding monies to other clubs has been paid by the club as inferred by the thinking mans beno, the n the above is plausible as is any legal issues with the old consortium? You would like to think that the sale by Black crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's, though I cannot help thinking that a few worms would crawl out of the woodwork after the completion on a technicality. Remember Bill Power came back for one last bite at the new old regime and even Diamandis tried it on as well. These claims are money related and legally complex which would enforce the FL/FA to impose an embargo and force the club to say nothing for fear of upsetting negotiations and fighting another battle with lawyers.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:15:20 »

If all outstanding monies to other clubs has been paid by the club as inferred by the thinking mans beno, the n the above is plausible as is any legal issues with the old consortium? You would like to think that the sale by Black crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's, though I cannot help thinking that a few worms would crawl out of the woodwork after the completion on a technicality. Remember Bill Power came back for one last bite at the new old regime and even Diamandis tried it on as well. These claims are money related and legally complex which would enforce the FL/FA to impose an embargo and force the club to say nothing for fear of upsetting negotiations and fighting another battle with lawyers.
This line of argument would carry more weight if that is what had happened last time - i.e. if the legal action by Bill Power and Mike Diamandis had resulted in an embargo but they didn't. Something else is at play here. It may be just that the League have tightened the rules but I can't see it being just due to any form of legal action as most dismissed managers are technically in legal dispute with their former clubs - if the League imposed an embargo on every club involved in a legal dispute there'd be no transfers anywhere.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:23:52 »

These claims are money related and legally complex which would enforce the FL/FA to impose an embargo

I really don't think that's right. As you say it wasn't long ago Diamandis took us to the High Court (served a statutory demand if I remember rightly - essentially commencing bancruptcy proceedings - which we had to apply to set aside?). Can't remember us being under embargo then. Any number of clubs could and probably will be involved in legal disputes at any given time, that can't and doesn't mean they automatically get embargo'd surely.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 08:26:21 »

This line of argument would carry more weight if that is what had happened last time - i.e. if the legal action by Bill Power and Mike Diamandis had resulted in an embargo but they didn't. Something else is at play here. It may be just that the League have tightened the rules but I can't see it being just due to any form of legal action as most dismissed managers are technically in legal dispute with their former clubs - if the League imposed an embargo on every club involved in a legal dispute there'd be no transfers anywhere.
Sorry posted while i was typing. Damn shite smartphones.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: