Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157943 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 20:39:46 »

Me.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 18:17:56 »

Question: Was there a Q & A session in the Legends Lounge before the match, and if so did anyone attend?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 18:32:49 »

Yes we went.

Apparently the 3 backroon staff apart from piccaretta wanted to stay. They were given documents to sign stating they would not sue the club, these havent been returned yet

Meeting with di canio and advisers this week

Playing budget to remain the same

Club looking to actively engage with the community

Shrewsbury paid off

Embargo to be lifted by tuesday, FL wanted 1.2m deposited in an account

Club has no debt

Herthab kept asking questions
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 18:39:16 »

Still not convinced by this lot. Maybe it's just me but it just seems like they are a bit shady and Jed is putting a face on on twitter.
Flashheart

« Reply #454 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 18:40:05 »

Apparently the 3 backroon staff apart from piccaretta wanted to stay.

Yet they resigned?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 18:54:27 »

Yes we went.

Apparently the 3 backroon staff apart from piccaretta wanted to stay. They were given documents to sign stating they would not sue the club, these havent been returned yet

Meeting with di canio and advisers this week

Playing budget to remain the same

Club looking to actively engage with the community

Shrewsbury paid off

Embargo to be lifted by tuesday, FL wanted 1.2m deposited in an account

Club has no debt

Herthab kept asking questions

What do the FL want 1.2m for? Do we operate on a deposit basis in regards to transfers now then? A bit like one of those Christmas hamper Farepak style deals?

Still not convinced by this lot. Maybe it's just me but it just seems like they are a bit shady and Jed is putting a face on on twitter.
What have they done wrong so far? Aside from the lack of disclosure regarding background investment, I'd find it very hard to see how anybody could criticise them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #456 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:05:02 »

What do the FL want 1.2m for? Do we operate on a deposit basis in regards to transfers now then? A bit like one of those Christmas hamper Farepak style deals?
What have they done wrong so far? Aside from the lack of disclosure regarding background investment, I'd find it very hard to see how anybody could criticise them.
I have to agree, the new board havent as yet put a foot wrong for me yet people still think they are doing a poor job, I dont get it.

And the deposit of £1.2m in an account reminds me more of the Nigerian emails I get, saying that you are in line for a payout of £50m as soon as you have deposited £1.2m in this offshore untraceable account then we will release the £50m to you...at which point they move the goal posts and say "we now require a further £1m to be put into the account for admin purposes" etc etc and it continues.....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:06:23 »

Club has no debt

What does this actually mean. Do debt whatsoever, nothing owed to anyone. Or something else.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:09:34 »

What do the FL want 1.2m for?

Can only assume its ring fenced as funding for the club. Most peculiar.

What have they done wrong so far?

I don't think they've had time to do anything right, wrong or indifferent yet. I still have reservations myself, but nothing more.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:12:06 »

Can only assume its ring fenced as funding for the club.

Yep, thats what steve murrall said
Flashheart

« Reply #460 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:13:44 »

In escrow?

It's re-assuring the money's in place. I wonder if they are using us as a guinea pig with a view of implementing it on a wider scale?
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:15:20 by Flashheart » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:17:53 »

I'm with you Batch. Not saying they are awful but I still have my doubts. Something just tells me not to trust them and this Pat Rice guy sounds like an amateur. I could be totally wrong though and I really hope I am. I'm more than willing to give them a chance. I do feel the K Mac appointment was a good one as well so fair play to them for that. Hopefully we get more details on them in the coming weeks.

I think it would be wrong to say "they are brilliant" but also say "they are useless" at the same time. Maybe we were spoilt with the previous board as they were very clued up and professional. This lot just seem like a footy fan with his mates which may be a good or a bad thing.

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:22:34 »

They have done nothing yet to be praised or slated. Too early. The arse licking of jed fits the trivial annoying-mildly amusing categories. Take your pick
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:31:46 »

I'm as skeptical as anyone but some are making entirely unfair judgements just because they're not Saint Nick and his band of merry men.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #464 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 19:36:26 »

I'm as skeptical as anyone but some are making entirely unfair judgements just because they're not Saint Nick and his band of merry men.
This is EXACTLY my take too.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt is hardly arse licking, its called tolerance and optimism.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: