Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157891 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:03:57 »

I guess if people have already made up their mind that these guys are crooks then there is very little point in stating the truth.
And what is the truth then?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:06:25 »

Patey on twitter:

@WCPatey: Some Swindon fans are saying the same nice things about the new chairman that they once said about me.  I wish him well and hope it lasts!
I don't remember anyone saying anything nice about Patey Smiley Still, nice to see he's not bitter about what was obviously an extremely traumatic, but consolingly lucrative, time for the poor love.
lambourn red

« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:10:13 »

And what is the truth then?

The truth is they have got experience of running a football club which is the main point I was replying to , many on here have already made your minds up after 4 days that these guys are dodgy I am just trying to have a bit more of an open mind about it.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:11:22 »

The truth is they have got experience of running a football club which is the main point I was replying to , many on here have already made your minds up after 4 days that these guys are dodgy I am just trying to have a bit more of an open mind about it.
Ah fair dos. I misunderstood, thought there was some major bigger picture you were alluding to that everyone was missing. Fair point though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:20:25 »

Ah fair dos. I misunderstood, thought there was some major bigger picture you were alluding to that everyone was missing. Fair point though.

In a nutshell my concern from what we have seen so far is simply that when put in front of the media they came out with the glib detailess PR rubbish that I would have come out with if I was asked to comment upon taking over a business with a community focus, and I would hope they would have more than that!

But we shall see, open mind and all that, as long as they don't promise to get tattoo's!!  Embarrassed Embarrassed
lambourn red

« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:23:26 »

No probs the one thing we need to do is stick together in all of this and in fighting between groups of supporters is the last thing we need. I guess the biggest frustration for everyone is that we are so close to grabbing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and all of this is putting it at risk but IMHO the best thing these new guys could do at the moment is to not touch much at all and let the dust settle. The players themselves have asked for a little time and not bring someone in with new ideas etc so unless things rapidly go down hill I would trust there instinct and keep the status quo, a big win tonight would certainly lift the current feeling amongst everyone.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:24:13 »

No probs the one thing we need to do is stick together in all of this and in fighting between groups of supporters is the last thing we need.
Fucking come over here and say that Smiley

Yes, you're right. And in fairness, both sceptics and those of a more optimistic bent are both motivated out of concern for the club's success.

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:24:25 »

There is a difference to thinking they are dodgy-crooks etc compared to being concerned at what and who they are. There is the odd fan who has them down as robbing the club but most are more in the concerned but hoping to be impressed camp.

The first impressions are not good(for me at least)
They look like the first lot who could meet the requirements for a quick sale as Black wanted shot pronto.
If they have been left a healthy club with debt written off and money to spend then great.
I cannot help thinking that they are just a bunch of blokes who want to have a play at running a football club though  and could be out of their depth.

Their interview comments are completely lacking in anything new and if anything lacked any preparation whatsoever. The reasons Jed gave for wanting to take STFC on straight away rang alarm bells. He made a comment about wanting to help a club in the football family. In giving the temp managerial role to Ward and Miller that they "love the club" Christ,do people actually swallow that? give me a break!
Nobody would buy a club for that reason and those players have been here 5 minutes. Jeez
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:35:08 by arriba » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:35:01 »

There is a difference to thinking they are dodgy-crooks etc compared to being concerned at what and who they are. There is the odd fan who has them down as robbing the club but most are more in the concerned but hoping to be impressed camp.

The first impressions are not good(for me at least)
They look like the first lot who could meet the requirements for a quick sale as Black wanted shot pronto.
If they have been left a healthy club with debt written off and money to spend then great.
I cannot help thinking that they are just a bunch of blokes who want to have a play at running a football club though  and could be out of their depth.

Their interview comments are completely lacking in anything new and if anything lacked any preparation whatsoever. The reasons Jed gave for wanting to take STFC on straight away rang alarm bells. He made a comment about wanting to help a club in the football family. Christ,do people actually swallow that? give me a break!

Exactly my concerns, however I actually think that some of Jed's comments may be simple nervousness in front of so many people, the glib jokey answers (i.e. ideas... we have only been here 2 days - nervous giggle) seemed to be more possibly a trait than anything to be taken too seriously.
Wandered

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:45:14 »

The impression I got was that the FL gave them a proper grilling/going over and the made it quite clear to them that the punishment for a third admin event was going to be extremely painful.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:46:14 »

I have an image now of a FL hardman giving Jed a Chinese burn.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:54:16 »

Patey on twitter:

@WCPatey: Some Swindon fans are saying the same nice things about the new chairman that they once said about me.  I wish him well and hope it lasts!

Very diplomatic of him, he must have been really successful at his former job.
What a dick.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:57:19 »

So they didn't come over that well at the press conference.  Quite frankly if it had been me, and some of the shit that has been spouted off about them on this forum alone in the past two weeks, I might just have said fuck it and walked away - and let's face it they couldn't have been looking forward to a grilling from Chris "Administration" Wise and Big Sam Morshead.  Thank fuck the Football League Paper didn't turn up!!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:59:11 »

Should Jed be chairman of a club the size of Swindon if he's nervous talking to the press ?? This is why I liked Jeremy Wray. He installed confidence. Don't get me wrong, he's seems a decent enough fella but I have early suspicions he's a little out of his depth. Prove me wrong Jed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:00:04 »

So they didn't come over that well at the press conference.  Quite frankly if it had been me, and some of the shit that has been spouted off about them on this forum alone in the past two weeks, I might just have said fuck it and walked away - and let's face it they couldn't have been looking forward to a grilling from Chris "Administration" Wise and Big Sam Morshead.  Thank fuck the Football League Paper didn't turn up!!
Please tell me you're taking the piss.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: