Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157890 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:52:20 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
McCrory: “Yes to be fair, yes it is but not to be spent naively or through false promises & it’s about managing it and one’s expectations."

In other words no signing excotically named wingers, after watching them on youtube..
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:55:42 »

McCrory: “Yes to be fair, yes it is but not to be spent naively or through false promises & it’s about managing it and one’s expectations."

Could not get it out of the new board who their benefactors are or what background their money is from. Sorry to disappoint.

Not knocking potential investment for the sake of it, but surely they know these questions are not going to go away until the identity and intentions of the backers are known.

Pieces starting to fall in to place - just very slowly.  The roles of McCrory, Rice, Hooper etc. feel very much more like those of employees to me, rather than directors (despite the titles).  I could be wrong...but, on the basis of what we have heard & seen so far, it doesn't feel as if the 4 chaps wearing the red ties this afternoon are going to be the ones setting the strategy.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:59:14 by Ardiles » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #212 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:57:00 »

Not knocking potential investment for the sake of it, but surely they know these questions are not going to go away until the identity and intentions of the backers are known.  Pieces starting to fall in to place...just very slowly.  McCrory, Rice, Hooper etc. all feel very much more like employees to me, rather than directors.  I could be wrong...but doesn't feel as if the 4 chaps wearing the red ties this afternoon are the ones setting the strategy.
I feel pretty much the same, for want of a better word they appear to be "puppets" in a greater strategy IMO.

Puppet being almost definately the wrong word actually, lets just say "the face of the consortium not the heart of it".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:57:47 »

Could not get it out of the new board who their benefactors are or what background their money is from. Sorry to disappoint.

It's probably a tad unfair but that reminds me of "a long and fluid list of investors" of Best Holdings. But still, I'll retain my wait & see policy for the time being (laced with a healthy dose of sceptisim).

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:58:50 »

This is a concern, almost as if they are hiding behind annomity, why the cloak and dagger stuff, unfortunetly you have to wonder
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 16:59:46 »

Well, they noncommittal answers which told us nothing was what I was expect.

The backers remaining anonymous is a concern. What are their reasons for this?

The thing that surprised me most was the no current plans to redevelop the ground (going off on a tangent here but did they just rule out redevelopment rather than a name stadium at a new location?) I would have thought that this was one of the main reasons for people being interested in the club (the opportunity to redevelop and make a bit of money off it for yourself)

We just aren't going to push on without it. Sustainability on our currents income isn't competitive enough for L1 let alone the Championship.

We'll see what the Adver prints tomorrow...
« Last Edit: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:01:35 by DV Canio » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:02:39 »

If its not investors through redevelopment, what is it? The only link that would make sense in artificial turf, though that could be wider of the mark than a Ricky Shakes shot.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #217 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:05:55 »

When asked whether funds behind Town under new regime were similar to those under their predecessors, McCrory said they were.
hopefully we're talking a few months ago, not in the last month.
still not sure whats in it for them
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:07:12 »

[url width=640 height=480]http://i.imgur.com/7SDQ7j6.jpg[/url]

He looks like he's hiding a squirrel or other small rodent in his mouth. Maybe it's the investors?
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:19:53 »

The first thing ill judge them on is who they appoint as manager, this should provide a good insight as to their ambitions. We need an experienced coach to see us through to the end of the season as well as a few astute loan signings. Getting this right is crucial.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:23:16 »

Sam just tweeted that when Jed was asked if the benefactors have the same money as the old board Jed answered they did. Very interesting
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:26:06 »

Rice: “We will be having concerts here at County Ground. I don’t know whether it’s something people found they couldn’t manage (in past)."
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:26:23 »

does that mean they already want to take their money out?!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:27:01 »

Who is Callum Rice?  I work in the music industry and have never heard of him.

Never knowingly overstated.
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:28:15 »

Roll Eyes
Fancy, our new owners' headquarters are in Milton Keynes
only just noticed!
good/bad/indifferent?
who knows
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: