Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157881 times)
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:24:38 »

Huh? Huh?

Trying to be positive and give them a chance - I'll give them 2 weeks

What really concerns me is the anonymous  financial  backing.
If the consortium had to present a 3 year plan to the FL, apart from a lot of obvious things,
surely they a) had to have a believable outline financial plan and b) had to convince the FL that if the board needed to access emergency cash (even relatively small amounts (eg. the Collins instalment)) they would have immediate access to it. What kind of guarantee/agreement might there be between the board and these companies. Did the FL probe this deeply?  – they seemed to have cocked up quite a few takeovers in the recent past regards sound financial sources.

Sorry but to me the new boards laid back approach does not augur well – the manager issue is critical if the team are to remain alert and properly prepared. Ward and Miller must be allowed to concentrate on their own training/fitness and performance – they are key players in a shrinking squad.

Not happy with the cotton wool press conference – was hoping for something a lot more positive.

Some of the board have directorships on lots of small companies – but none of the ones I have found seem to have substantial assets if any at all.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:26:51 »

My Trust membership is about to get renewed.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:28:25 »

Matching ties. I'm convinced.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:29:58 »

Only the TEF could have a thread about the new boards press conference alternating with a thread about weeing in the shower at the top of the pile.

For me though, the "we've only been here two days" line spoke volumes to me. Not a clue.

I wouldnt get your hopes up chaps.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:31:02 »

My Trust membership is about to get renewed.

I knew we were in strife the moment Pauld came back ........
woolster

« Reply #170 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:33:14 »

the one thing all you moaners have forgot is, without this lot we would be fucked, lets give them a chance, i do agree with those that have said we need a perm manager tho
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:33:47 »

I thought the league brought in rules about having to identify your investors in the wake of the Leeds/Bates thing?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:34:57 »

Oooh, Jed looks like Lee Mack in that photo. I quite like him so that's encouraging at least Smiley
...and with that post goes all of your credibility.

All I want to know is who the anonymous businesses are.
Flashheart

« Reply #173 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:35:54 »

I thought the league brought in rules about having to identify your investors in the wake of the Leeds/Bates thing?

maybe they have been identified to the league.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:36:55 »

the one thing all you moaners have forgot is, without this lot we would be fucked, lets give them a chance, i do agree with those that have said we need a perm manager tho
I love how you simplify things.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:39:12 »

Jed did say that the anonymous backers had passed the Fit and Proper Persons test.

The biggest impression from the Press Conference was that Jed and the consortium,whilst having a background within business,just aren't 'Leaders'.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:40:14 »

Ah, well I'm sure the good folks at the Football League have our best interests at heart, so that's fine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:40:48 »

I knew we were in strife the moment Pauld came back ........
I didn't go anywhere. Please stop perpetuating this myth
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:42:10 »

They have to be identified to the League. But the press, the wider public, fans etc have no right to know anything about who owns or is really running their clubs. Such is the Football League's idea of transparency
Flashheart

« Reply #179 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:42:38 »

The biggest impression from the Press Conference was that Jed and the consortium,whilst having a background within business,just aren't 'Leaders'.

They sounded nervous to me. Right up until the point where cunty wilts radio switched it off.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: