Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157891 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:02:04 »

Would people have preferred the alternative to them taking over?

Some of you seem to think there was a queue of bored millionaires  with money burning holes in their pockets wanting to spend on STFC for  fucks sake
Fairly big leap in logic there.

I'm pleased they've come in and taken on the club but I'd quite like to know who they are, who is financing this and what their plans are.

Considering the fact they will have provided the Football League with a business plan I don't think refusing to answer a question to the local media is fair.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:06:49 »

It's going to be interesting to see how Sam Morshead reports this.  Does he take the view that it's early days and that the owners need a little time to get their feet under the desk, or does he highlight the concerns (as on here) about the apparent lack of strategy or direction?

Early indications from the Adver live feed suggest option A:

2:32pm

Plenty of issues will be raised over the next few days. Don't forget, the new owners have only been here two days. They need a moment to bed in.

2:30pm

Some very interesting notions discussed by the new owners. Don't forget to read all the quotes and reaction in tomorrow's Adver.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:08:20 »

It's going to be interesting to see how Sam Morshead reports this.  Does he take the view that it's early days and that the owners need a little time to get their feet under the desk,

Exactly this. He doesn't have to believe it, but by burning his bridges straight away he'd potentially be doing out of other stories from the club which the Adver need. Doesn't mean he can't start digging discretely.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:08:50 »

I'm trying to reserve judgement until they appoint a new manager - this will say a lot in terms of how ambitious they want the playing side of things to go.

The only way an owner / investor is going to make money from the club is by redeveloping the ground - this has to be on the agenda?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:10:22 »

The only way an owner / investor is going to make money from the club is by redeveloping the ground - this has to be on the agenda?
Apparently not. In fact it would seem very little is on the agenda at the moment. Or at least that they're prepared to admit to in public.
red socks

« Reply #155 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:10:57 »

Fairly big leap in logic there.

I'm pleased they've come in and taken on the club but I'd quite like to know who they are, who is financing this and what their plans are.

Considering the fact they will have provided the Football League with a business plan I don't think refusing to answer a question to the local media is fair.

I understand people's concerns, and im not saying all in the garden is rosy, but remain cautiously optimistic for now.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for a while, and not slash my wrists just yet. They've only been here a couple of days after all.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:12:33 »

Among other reasons for an experienced manager to arrive PDQ is the fact that several current players' contracts are up this summer. Or do any of the new board or Miller/Ward have experience in contract renewal negotiation?
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:13:21 »

I understand people's concerns, and im not saying all in the garden is rosy, but remain cautiously optimistic for now.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for a while, and not slash my wrists just yet. They've only been here a couple of days after all.

Fair enough . As long as things continue to go well on the pitch i think everyone will give them time , but the minute that changes , oh dear lord.

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:14:28 »

2 of them more or less said the same thing when questioned. Both said about bringing alternative income into the club etc.
I could sit there and say that and frankly those avenues have been done to death anyway.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:15:19 »

Among other reasons for an experienced manager to arrive PDQ is the fact that several current players' contracts are up this summer. Or do any of the new board or Miller/Ward have experience in contract renewal negotiation?
Hooper has some experience, at least from the player's side as he's an ex-player himself isn't he? And he does have a football business background as well from his roles at QPR and Brentford, albeit not on that side of the business, think he was commerical director at both. But he at least has been around a football business before.
Flashheart

« Reply #160 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:15:20 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
@STFC_Gazza the press conference lasted half an hour and we're now doing one on ones

We might find out more yet.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:15:56 »

2 of them more or less said the same thing when questioned. Both said about bringing alternative income into the club etc.
I could sit there and say that and frankly those avenues have been done to death anyway.

Amateur looks like an understatement , rushed press conference with no prepared answers to obvious questions .

Maybe nick watkins is there to help the contract process and maybe even the terms for next seasons season tickets , this time last year the prices had been announced , have they even thought about this?
« Last Edit: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:18:19 by GoSWINDON » Logged

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:16:20 »

One of the reasons they could do with being transparent about the backing is what went on at Luton and vale.

Now that currently is unfair guilt by association as far as I know, and something none of us know much about. And maybe (jumping a few guns) ameriturf or blue sky or whoever it is well be our saviours. But equally it may just may be bad.

Waiting to see is fine, I'd just like to know what to look out for.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:21:52 »

One of the reasons they could do with being transparent about the backing is what went on at Luton and vale.
Quite so. And indeed, what's previously gone on at Swindon ....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:24:30 »

Oooh, Jed looks like Lee Mack in that photo. I quite like him so that's encouraging at least Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: