Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157891 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:49:24 »

Did the other board members introduce themselves at any point and explain their purpose?  Where, for example, does the bloke who runs a pub in Lincolnshire fit in?  And what does he bring to the table?

Callum Rice has a background in the music industry and has been charged with finding alternative revenue streams for the club... can't remember the others roles

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:50:03 »

That's exactly what's happened. But haven't they already admitted it (well, not the shadowy part!)

Jed's " We've only been here 2 days" response,gave the impression that they were as surprised as
anyone that they've acquired the club,thus no particular long-term plans i.e Redevelopment.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #122 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:50:10 »

How about we give them a chance and judge them on that basis? They have only been in the position 2 days.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:50:22 »

Like Arriba, in the immediate term I am a little worried that Ward & Miller might be given charge of the team until the end of the season, which would be a terrible decision IMO. A coherent and proffesional voice is needed on the training pitch and the touchline, regardless of whether they share a similar philosophy to PDC or not... Organisation and preparation is key at this stage of the season, not convinced we'll get that from two senior players thrown into the hotseat without coaching qualifications or previous experience.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:50:30 »

Why would they have no comment?

Because they have no answer to the question, or not one they'd like to pass on at this stage.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:51:13 »

How about we give them a chance and judge them on that basis? They have only been in the position 2 days.
This was their first chance to impress, give us something to judge them by and make a positive impression.

but instead it was a waste of time.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:51:18 »

Did the other board members introduce themselves at any point and explain their purpose?  Where, for example, does the bloke who runs a pub in Lincolnshire fit in?  And what does he bring to the table?

Your drinks and food order probably.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:51:27 »

Jed named as the Chairman.

Steve Murrall named as STFC general manager.

Callum Rice named as Director aiming to bring new income streams to STFC.

Gary Hooper named as STFC Commercial Director.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:52:39 »

Also dont think people should get too hung up on vague comments from their opening press conference... I'll be judging the new owners on their actions, not their words, albeit spurious words.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:52:56 »

OK, fair enough.  Let's see how he gets on.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:53:04 »

Because they have no answer to the question, or not one they'd like to pass on at this stage.
Not really acceptable in my opinion.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:53:51 »

Jed named as the Chairman.

Gary Hooper named as STFC Commercial Director.

jobs for the boys , springs to mind

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:53:59 »

Wasn't impressed with the last one of those we had
What the fuck is that? Sounds like something out of Monty Python. Or Mr Whippy reincarnate.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #133 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:54:47 »

Im not interested in them sitting there and saying we will do this and that. I will judge them on their actions in the immediate future (until the end of the season) and beyond. The only issue I have concern with is over the managerial position
iffy

« Reply #134 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:55:15 »

Also dont think people should get too hung up on vague comments from their opening press conference... I'll be judging the new owners on their actions, not their words, albeit spurious words.

An important action, that would have sent a strong message about their professionalism, would have been preparing for the press conference.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: