Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 157898 times)
kaufman

« Reply #105 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:40:16 »

A nothing press conference and you're all moaning that they cut it off Smiley

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Sure it will be up on the official site later to see the white's of their eyes and Callum Rice trying to get a Thin Lizzy tribute down at the winners bar.

I didn't expect much today, I don't expect much from this board expect to try and sustain the club, considering where we were a week ago. It's got to be a positive.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:40:37 »

isn't this exactly how it panned out at Notts County? Anonymous backers which turned out not to exist whatsoever.
And Portsmouth. Although at Portsmouth it was to hide Russian/Israeli gang connections, rather than because they didn't have any money
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:42:05 »

Not even thinking about ground redevelopment either. Jed isn't inspiring confidence.
If he had come out and said half the team are leaving tomorrow because the JCB's are moving in to redevelop the Town End . . . .  I guess you wouldn't be happy again!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:43:17 »

If he had come out and said half the team are leaving tomorrow because the JCB's are moving in to redevelop the Town End . . . .  I guess you wouldn't be happy again!!
There's a happy medium to be struck though isn't there?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:44:47 »

Did the sale and acquisition of STFC just fall into their laps?

Andrew Black pretty much intimated that this was the only group who could meet his timescale by foregoing a certain level of due dilligence.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:44:48 »

I can't understand the "we've been here 2 days" response to the question about future plans when the takeover wheels have been in motion for weeks. Absolute bullshit.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:44:49 »

First impressions count for everything and that press conference was a huge disappointment.
It almost felt like a couple of football fans getting together with their mates,forming a consortium
which is to be funded by some anonymous/shadowy businessmen.

Did the sale and acquisition of STFC just fall into their laps?

That's exactly what's happened. But haven't they already admitted it (well, not the shadowy part!)

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:45:59 »

No we don't. Not until they name names. We know they're very vague about the sources of their funding, and possibly by extension we may infer that they're admitting they don't have that funding themselves.
And by not naming their backers, they're raising the suspicion that they're puppets working to someone else's agenda. If one of the businesses were Hooper's American astroturf lot, I could take knowing that they might be pressing an agenda to promote its installation at the CG and in the League. I'd even be vaguely encouraged if the other was a property developer. But apparently development isn't even on the agenda (despite being one of Patey's criteria of expertise in a buyer). As it is, the suspicions will only continue to undermine the board's statements until we have more clarity.

I can't imagine the League sanctioned the takeover without knowing more about the backers. So perhaps they can tell us...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:46:49 »

I dont know weather to laugh or cry .....

Does anyone think Jed's cheery man of people persona will involve him not wating to upset the team so a win tomorrow will result in him giving Miller/Ward the job on an ongoing basis?

He didnt seem to know a lot about much. Like they have taken the gig and intend on running on a 'see how we go' basis!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:46:49 »

I can't understand the "we've been here 2 days" response to the question about future plans when the takeover wheels have been in motion for weeks. Absolute bullshit.

A politer way of saying no comment.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:47:16 »

Did the other board members introduce themselves at any point and explain their purpose?  Where, for example, does the bloke who runs a pub in Lincolnshire fit in?  And what does he bring to the table?
kaufman

« Reply #116 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:48:20 »

Did the other board members introduce themselves at any point and explain their purpose?  Where, for example, does the bloke who runs a pub in Lincolnshire fit in?  And what does he bring to the table?
Rice says his background in music and he's looking to explore alternative income streams.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:48:28 »

They did say that the unknown backers did pass the due diligence test but prefer to remain anonymous , so if the shit does hit the fan , we should sue the FL.

As arriba said , the new manger should be a priority and im surprised they havent been working round the clock to get something sorted , it does seem as if they are quite happy to sit back and see what happens rather than do something themselves.

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:48:34 »

A politer way of saying no comment.
Why would they have no comment?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:48:39 »

Did the other board members introduce themselves at any point and explain their relevance.  Where, for example, does the bloke who runs a pub in Lincolnshire fit in?  And what does he bring to the table?

They did a stand up and introduce yourself bit.  What they will bring to the club etc.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: