Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26111 times)
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:13:55 »

what's his excuse this time? players too young, referee cost us the game.

Disappointed with that although didn't expect to win tonight. We didn't play with any urgency until the last 15 or so minutes. Smith kept tracking to pick the ball up in midfield. Harley kept slowing the ball down, giving Wolves time to get players behinf the ball. Players out on the wing screaming/signalling for a ball that never came. Every little 50/50 went the way of Wolves. How their number 10 stayed on the pitch after spitting at Branco I don't know. Clark was bound to score the cunt.

I hope we turn up and actually give it a go saturday.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:14:43 »

Lose at the weekend and the shit will hit the fan.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:17:58 »

Lose at the weekend and the shit will hit the fan.

Rather be belting out " youve had your day out now fuck off home "

Have a feeling it will be " what the fucking hell was that "

Cooper should know the importance of the derby game, fucking players better do as well
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:23:19 »

First half was men against boys, at times we were inept, how they could score 10 seconds after we take a corner just shows our lack of pace at the back.  Actually a lack of pace all over the field was very evident, we were out fought and out muscled.  Second half we played much better although how much of that was down to Wolves sitting on their lead is questionable.  DNG may have played his last game for the club, didn't seem interested and Cooper alluded to that in his interview.  If we play like that for the rest of the season we may be alright but it's a long way to the end of the season and 52 points to me!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:25:31 by ronnie21 » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:24:48 »

I quite enjoyed that. First half we were constantly sleeping at the back but the second half was decent and certainly better than Franchise. (I've not read anything else in the thread.)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:26:01 »

For 70 minutes men against boys then we get a goal and game on. Wolves absolutely fucked all over us first half and deserved their 3 goal lead. Their 2nd and 3rd goals show how to move the ball forward at pace. in the 2nd half they didn't get out of first gear and were cruising. then we got a surprise goal which Smith took well and we had a good spell.
MOM for me by a country mile was JMac but predictably given to Pritchard again.
At least we lost to a decent side and put in a decent 20.
Ward was absolutely shocking and our defence was a total fucking shambles. Harley was pure dogshit and Byrne is good going forward but a fucking awful full back. There are no real options on the bench and yet again we have so many people behind the ball and regularly kept 3 back against their attacker.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:27:33 »

Not a bad second half, mainly due to Wolves getting out the deckchairs. Jay Mac was outstanding throughout though. If we had 11 of him on the pitch we would have won. Unfortunately we have Harley, with Luongo not far behind him in the shit stakes.

I can't see next season being any better with Cooper and Power pulling the strings.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:29:05 »

Knew early on that we went going to get anything from the officials with them giving Wolves every 50/50. The first goal was offside, with the lino consistently being at least two yards behind the play.

The second was caused by the lack of midfield pressure on the Wolves midfielder, who put the ball in space to Dicko, who went past Ward like he wasn't there, and finished into the bottom corner from the edge of the area, with the third, on the break from a corner, but Dicko just went through our players without challenge like they didn't exist.

We actually didn't play badly, we certainly played better than Saturday, but it was the same old story of not taking our chances. Still cannot see the point of Harley. That midfield looks lightweight with him in there, and when Louis T came on, at least there were a few more tackles going in.

Wolves really should've had two players sent off, one for a push on Branco, and for the attempted headbutt, but he chickened out from the decisions. If it was Town players committing the offences, we would've been down to nine...

We looked down to the bare bones, whilst they get a £12m parachute payment, which means that can buy players from higher league to help them get back up.

My MoM McEverly. Still cannot believe Pritchard got it again.

Anyway, next stop Ashton Gate...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:31:18 »

at times in the first half you harley, luongo and kasim could have held hands. surely as a professional you'd know that there's no point asking for the ball if you're that close together?

as soon as we moved pritchard into the furthest forward position we looked a lot better.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:42:27 »

Harley is so bad. how he gets in the team ahead of L Thompson I dont know. We looked a lot better when the latter came one. Ward is out of his depth now. No leadership qualities, no pace, not much else. What does he actually offer us? He made Branco look half decent tonight.
Colin Todd

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:43:54 »

Utter shite. We got murdered 1st half due to cooper's tactical ineptitude. Why play so open against a team so in form when we've not played well for about 2 months? It was asking for it.

As others have said, we only got back in the game via wolves massively relaxing 2nd half, not via us actually being any good.

Credit to Jay, Pritchard and smith for putting in good shifts despite things not always coming off.

Luongo looks like a different (much much worse) player over the past few months.

Special mention to Ryan harley for being possibly the biggest pussy I've ever seen on a swindon shirt. The bloke bottles tackles like I don't recall seeing any other league 1 centre mid do. He has ability, but slows everything down to a snails pace. Man up or just fucking quit the game if you don't fancy it FFS.

things need to change on a big way, otherwise without the likes of prichard, ranger and others we're going to be fucked next season, which is a disgrace to be saying, because we really should still be in the play off hunt this season.

Cooper out.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:44:59 »

4-1 wolves with them scoring in the first 10 mins and it being a deflating horrible atmosphere for the rest of the game. Drs for a change tonight, can't say im looking forward to it tbh!

COYR!
Called it.

First half was abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. We lost every 50/50 which pissed me off more than anything! Why harley started over l thompson I dont know!!
Second half was much better but wolves shut off as they were cruising. Thought Pritchard, mceverly and smith were the only ones who came out with any credit tbh.

Thought their fans were pretty silent throughout apart from when they scored which surprised me!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:45:28 »

Jay Mac was bloody fantastic, is it unfashionable to award a defender a MOM award? Granted, Pritchard was a real handful in the 2nd half, but for me a barely fit Jay Mac was streets ahead.

I'm glad we made a go of it in the 2nd half, Despite the result I found myself enjoying the game.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:46:30 »

4-1 wolves with them scoring in the first 10 mins and it being a deflating horrible atmosphere for the rest of the game. Drs for a change tonight, can't say im looking forward to it tbh!

COYR!
Roll Eyes
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:49:44 »

Harley is so bad. how he gets in the team ahead of L Thompson I dont know. We looked a lot better when the latter came one. Ward is out of his depth now. No leadership qualities, no pace, not much else. What does he actually offer us? He made Branco look half decent tonight.
Louis not 100% fit for tonight, bit of a dead leg so took no chances with him.  That said he put in a decent half shift when he came on.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: