Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who controls Swindon Council now?  (Read 11658 times)
Spy

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 07:23:22 »

Still Labour I guess?

The Adver site doesn't seem to say yet.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 07:31:56 »

There was no local elections in Swindon so the council is still tory run as it has been - there was only Euro elections
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 09:30:36 »

Still Labour I guess?

The Adver site doesn't seem to say yet.
It's been Tory controlled for about 5 years now and there were no council elections in Swindon yesterday. But apart from that, good to see you keeping your finger on the pulse of current affairs Smiley
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 09:35:16 »

It's been Tory controlled for about 5 years now and there were no council elections in Swindon yesterday. But apart from that, good to see you keeping your finger on the pulse of current affairs Smiley

Soapy Tit Wank I'm on the ball.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:05:15 by Spy » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 09:39:49 »

soapy tit wank. I'm on the ball.

Sorry, couldn't resist. We might get some new Euro MPs (for the whole Southwest region) though if that's any comfort

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 09:52:36 »

its obvious it's a tory council.they cut back on public services like they always do.still, we have a stagnant canal and a few tiny shops to look forward to.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:06:05 »

I was still under the illusion swindon was a labour stronghold. obviously I'm about a decade out of date. Embarrassed
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:43:27 »

oh yes - full of selfish thatcherlings who don't give a fuck about fuck all
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 10:45:45 »

Bristol is now under full Lib Dem control, if anyone cares...
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 11:14:10 »

You know what, this whole 'scandal' about expenses, the european elections, today's cabinet reshuffle has made politics (slightly) interesting again.

But on a more relevant note. Anita Anand. Oh yeeeesssssss

[url width=203 height=252]http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/presenters/media/anand_main.jpg[/url]

On TV on the Daily Politics and Radio 5 Live daily......
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 11:19:39 »

Fucking hell, pumbaa has turned into Fatbury.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 11:22:40 »

Fucking hell, pumbaa has turned into Fatbury.

Just because she's older than 12. You're just jealous.......
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 11:32:16 »

Jealous of...?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 12:50:41 »

Fairly obvious it's a tory council, who in their right mind would close the park and ride!!  Towns smaller than ours have park and ride systems and they are successful, Bath are opening a third site.  Most places you go to there are big signs on the entrance to the towns that the park and ride is available, not here in Swindon though, there are plenty of park and ride shut signs now visible though.  Norwich has, I think, six park and ride sites, and claim they are so successful that they are reducing the off-peak bus fare!!  Would Swindon council think about doing something like that?  No, they just increase town centre car parking charges and force the commuters to park there!
Talk Talk

« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 13:33:50 »

Fairly obvious it's a tory council, who in their right mind would close the park and ride!!  Towns smaller than ours have park and ride systems and they are successful, Bath are opening a third site.  Most places you go to there are big signs on the entrance to the towns that the park and ride is available, not here in Swindon though, there are plenty of park and ride shut signs now visible though.  Norwich has, I think, six park and ride sites, and claim they are so successful that they are reducing the off-peak bus fare!!  Would Swindon council think about doing something like that?  No, they just increase town centre car parking charges and force the commuters to park there!

Agree completely. The transport policy is wank. Now the prospective Granville St developers have gone bust, the New Swindon Company are on about building a supermarket instead. Great idea. You can get stuck in traffic and pay to park to get your weekly shopping. Unlike the two out of centre Sainsbury's, Wal-Mart, West Swindon Asda, Morrissons etc. Duh.

I say flatten the whole fucking lot and grass it over. Make the town centre one big park with free parking around it. We can exist without it. Well I do now come to think of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: