Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: watch out mr king  (Read 882 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 21, 2005, 07:39:08 »

this was my local team in mexico city, i used to live lierally round the corner

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4702173.stm

to be honest it was only a matter of time
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 21, 2005, 18:12:28 »

I heard about this today.

As you used to live nearby, and reading the figures on the BBC site, you must have seen and heard of loads of this going on, did it ever worry you at all?
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 21, 2005, 21:23:45 »

nope, the area is called insurgentes which is the name of the big main road thats runs straight through it, its not a poor area, i spose its comparison in london would be hammersmith, i never worried because i was never rich enough to be kidnapped, i could have been held up but i was lucky and also im 5'10 and used to be a prop forward so compared to the mexicans im a giant, they would have to have a gun. as long as your sensible you will be fine.

i always found the strangest thing in mexico city was that after 5 pm no one walks anywhere, the streets are deserted, very unnerving.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 21, 2005, 21:58:17 »

that would be wierd having the streets deserted after 5, be like a ghost town every day. Was that because of any particular troubles, or just not safe to be out after then?
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 21, 2005, 22:30:36 »

supposedly just not safe, but i used to amble home drunk most nights, maybe i was lucky?

this also leas to another problem namely drink driving everybody and i mean everybody does it, after eleven at night its like a stock car race track
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: