Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chelsea in for Gerrard  (Read 4504 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 04:31:29 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4651003.stm

fook me 32 mil,they are going to want that Parkin money for sure now Cheesy

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 08:36:38 »

And its rumoured they're buying Shaun Wright Phillips for £20mil ish..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 11:57:07 »

The chelsea bid has been turned down [at the moment].There is no way he's worth 32 mil.I hope he goes to Real,cause it would be good for his game and that would be good for England.Plus his bint of a girlfriend would'nt be in the papers all the time [hopefully].

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 12:16:42 »

i would rather he went to madrid aswell. if he goes to chelsea their 'fans' will be even more up themsleves than they already are
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 12:34:46 »

I really hope he goes to Chelsea 'cos it is good for England that he goes to the best club possible and Chelsea are the best in the world.

If Mourinho gets Lampard and Gerrard combining well and Joe Cole too, England's midfield will be the best in the world, no question. If he goes to fucking Madrid I'll be pissed off. :evil:
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:04:40 »

Are you doing a J1mmy and defecting to Chelsea BWB? nothing like a bit of glory hunting eh?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:09:31 »

I have nothing against Chelsea and I'm not going to hate them just 'cos they're good, I hate Arsenal and Man United so it's great to see another team winning something and pretty much whoever it was I'd be happy.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do the quadruple next year to be honest unless Spurs have a chance of winning something.

As for defecting no, I only support Swindon and England but it is vital for England he goes to Chelsea.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:10:11 »

I hope he stays at Liverpool, if only to prove that there might just be a bit of loyalty left in the game... Did you hear Benitez saying he want's 'Steve' to stay at the 'Pool for life? The begging isn't a good sign for 'Pool fans I don't think.

Like I said, I hope he stays where he is, but I think he'll leave.

It's going to be a bit of a choice between BWBs point about playing with Lampard and Cole and picking up £90,000/week or of playing with Beckham, Owen and Woodgate and picking up a reported £150,000/week.

The smart money has got to be on Chelsea really.

never trust a nun...
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:12:42 »

I dont think its vital for England at all really. Its not like the standard of coaching at Madrid as really bad and he'd be playing with Beckham, Owen (and Woodgate if he ever gets fit)

With him and Gravesen in the centre of midfield and the other quality players they possess, Madrid would start to look a bloody good side again.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:16:24 »

If Mourinho gets Lampard and Gerrard combining well and Joe Cole too, England's midfield will be the best in the world

Thats a good point,i didn't think of that. :oops:I just think that going and experiencing different footballing cultures can have a good effect on players.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:24:43 »

Quote from: "larwood"

If Mourinho gets Lampard and Gerrard combining well and Joe Cole too, England's midfield will be the best in the world

Thats a good point,i didn't think of that. :oops:I just think that going and experiencing different footballing cultures can have a good effect on players.

There could be another side to the argument of him going to Chelsea.  

If they also sign Wright-Phillips then they are going to have Gerrard, Lamps, W-Ps, Robben, Duff, Makelele, Smertin, Jarosic, Cole, Tiago and whoever else I've missed out.

Now Gerrard and Lamps will be 4 of the first names on the team sheet every game (add to that Terry and Cech), that means that Cole will have to compete very hard with Robben, Duff and W-Ps in order to get into the team.  

For England to have success in Germany I think we need Cole to be playing an important part this season to build on his success of last season.  If Gerrard goes to Chelsea it gives Cole a smaller chance of being involved (sure they wont be competing for the same spot, but it will have a knock-on effect).

If Gerrard goes to Real then, as said before he will link up with Becks, Owen and Woodgate - and more importantly will not really have to compete with any of them.

I'd like him to stay where he is to be honest though.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:30:46 »

Real aren't up to Chelsea's standard and they don't have a manager of Mourinho's standard. Gerrard and Lampard combining together in the best league in the world would be great.

Beckham and Owen's careers have arguably gone downhill since their switch to Madrid, I don't think they would get the best of him, I think it would be a very bad move whilst Chelsea would be the perfect move. If they could just get Owen as well the world cup will be ours!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 13:38:21 »

There's no doubting whatsoever that having him line up along-side Lamps week in week out would benefit England no end, but as I say Cole could suffer, just as he looks to have a strangle hold in England's first eleven.

Real Madrid will win La Liga next season by the way.  (I really hope they do at least)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 14:02:53 »

Gerrard reportedly turned down £100,000 a week!!!!  Fucking hell., that's unbelievable!!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, 14:05:57 »

That's more than I've made in my lifetime so far. :shock:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: