Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Any (push) bike geeks  (Read 4647 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:31:40 »

What the fuck is a treader?

It's what we used to call em at school
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:38:02 »

Back on topic you bunch of thread derailing cunts. What are fucking Hargroves like?Huh??
stfcinbmth

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:44:53 »

Back on topic you bunch of thread derailing cunts. What are fucking Hargroves like?Huh??

Been released by Man City
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:48:30 »

Been released by Man City

Useless then. Thanks for the honest reply....
stfcinbmth

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:50:57 »

Useless then. Thanks for the honest reply....

Sorry, I'll go watch tv now
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 21:07:46 »

Got a cube hybrid last year from hargroves, 500quid, 12 months 0% finance, can't complain. Took it out forcthe first time this year, think I need a new saddle.
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 21:31:12 »

I've had a couple of Cube hardtails from Hargroves and they have both been well se up. Sometimes they do think you know fuck all though so don't let them give you bullshit. Yes I would use them again. The analog disk is a decent entry level bike that has good components for its price. If you're paying full asking price there are better spec bikes out here for the money. You should get 10% easy discount. If not go elsewhere.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 21:39:27 »

I've been twice in the last couple of months and haven't been impressed on either occasion. The staff that I spoke to had no knowledge of the bikes or products they were selling and couldn't make any recommendations above the research I'd done online already. I guess I may have been unlucky and got the new Saturday boy or suchlike both times.

Mitchell's recommended that I visit Swindon Cycles, as they had a better range of road bikes in the price range I was looking for and I ended up buying from them. Helpful staff, excellent knowledge and a hefty discount on the bike.

Have you checked stock availability on the Cube bikes? When I was still looking I was told that Cube had BIG stock problems with their road bikes and if they could get hold of one at all I'd be waiting months.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 22:18:51 »

Can you go through Evans Cycles and still get a discount?

They have a few stores across the country, and the people there know their stuff.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 22:34:55 »

Ask grubby how many time he has cycled to work on his bikes for works scheme bikes and then ask him how many bikes he has bought on it!!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 23:56:19 »

fucking build your own - lazy git
Gethimout

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 08:08:53 »

I've got a trek road bike that i've had for the last few years. Complete a 120 bike ride on Friday/Saturday. The gears kept jumping between 3, 4 , 5 and 6 when selected to be in there.

Would anybody have any reason why they would jump up or down one gear?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 08:14:54 »

Get a unicycle Pumbaa, no need to worry about gears, brakes etc - plus the risk of punctures is reduced and you'll only need to replace the one tyre.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 08:56:25 »

Anyone know of a good commuter bike for under £500?  I keep looking at hybrids but don't know whether to spend a little more and go down the full on road bike route.  Definitely going to be needing some gears though... nowhere near fit enough for single speed.

Give the saddle that comes with it a go first but if you don't get on with it then take a look at a Fizik saddles.  I have a mtb one and it's lasted me years and still nice and comfortable.

Try the Decathlon website for good quailty road bike and a good price
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:08:12 by Bewster » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:04:17 »

I've got a trek road bike that i've had for the last few years. Complete a 120 bike ride on Friday/Saturday. The gears kept jumping between 3, 4 , 5 and 6 when selected to be in there.

Would anybody have any reason why they would jump up or down one gear?

I think you would probably need a new cable to the rear mech. If it is stretched, worn the the middle gears tend to be a bit iffy. Also ensure that the whole rear mech is clean and well lubed.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:08:29 by Bewster » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: