Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fuck him, he was shit vs. give him a chance vs. better the devil you know  (Read 7156 times)
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 14:00:09 »

Dodgy Steve Evans at Crawley, I imagine the wages they're getting paid at Crawley are significantly more than what they're advertised as being paid, if his track record is anything to go by.

Crawley are only marginably more likeable than the franchise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 14:00:31 »

Very good point BR.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 14:18:32 »

And that's my point in a nutshell, ok maybe them going was out of our hands but people saying good riddance etc need to realise it will be very hard to replace their quality -

Paul Caddis to replace JPM wide right
Simon Ferry to replace Douglas in the middle.

Job done!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 14:24:36 »

Simon Ferry - the man Wilson didn't want to play last year.

Almost like a new signing in itself.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 14:28:44 »

Paul Caddis to replace JPM wide right
Simon Ferry to replace Douglas in the middle.

Job done!

Depends if you think Ferry + Timlin will be good enough. Maybe Smith will be good enough to keep them on their toes.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 14:35:34 »

Timlin has helped us out of this league before. He may be ideal for the job.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 15:11:14 »

I'd have been happy to see Douglas and Lescinel here next season.  I'd have been non plussed by JPM still being here and Cuthbert (the latter dissapointed me more because he did look a real gem at the start but I did not expect the complete loss of form that occured without Greer).  Everyone else is easily replaced, and I accept that may mean a brand new useless player taking their spot, but at least i don't have to watch the same useless players every year.

I don't waste much time thinking about the season before last when wondering if I should get all misty eyed on some of the departures.  Very few players had any right to expect a place in our squad this year.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:05:33 »

Seems to me that Di Canio got wind of a rotten core within the club and a clique as stated by Nick Watkins himself.

We all expected a clear out but I'm quite surprised by the amount of players leaving. I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but one more exit from someone like Ferry, Caddis or Ritchie then I will be very, very worried.

I just hope Di Canio's judgement is accurate because this season has the potential to go spectacularly wrong.

Tomorrow is another day though and we could all be rejoicing in some major signings.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:09:19 »

Seems to me that Di Canio got wind of a rotten core within the club and a clique as stated by Nick Watkins himself.

We all expected a clear out but I'm quite surprised by the amount of players leaving. I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but one more exit from someone like Ferry, Caddis or Ritchie then I will be very, very worried.

I just hope Di Canio's judgement is accurate because this season has the potential to go spectacularly wrong.

Tomorrow is another day though and we could all be rejoicing in some major signings.

I echo Ralphy's sentiments entirely
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:10:04 »

Adver tweeted to say that there wont be any more departures, hopefully they are correct.

People need to remember that the free agent market will really kick in to life once player contracts end tomorrow.  We could already have 2 or 3 lined up and the players in question dont want it annouced until their existing contracts run out.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:32:49 »

Having only seen Brighten at home on the opening day I can only judge the quality of player on the year before and Fuck was one of less than a handful that looked like he was playing below his station for large parts of the season andwould have been the the best player in the division had he stayed.

By all accounts he was a shit player and a shit captain last year so probably a good thing for him to leave along with the rest.

We've got Di Canio, you've got fuck-all-up!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Dazzza

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:34:09 »

I liked Douglas but he was clearly no match winner or the type of player who could turn games around.  That’s not to do him a disservice he was an excellent “water carrier” and kept it simple when it mattered.  In fact I would say he was Championship standard holding player but without the rest of the players performing around him he was as much use as a chocolate tea pot.  

I am disappointed he’s gone.  He was potentially a solid foundation and core to the potential Di Canio madness.  The reality is we won’t get close to a  better holding player than Douglas  although we can  replace him with someone that can perform a similar role and create more opportunities that will win matches.

Anyway, good luck to him...

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:37:50 »

Fucking mobile phones!

What Dazzza just said....

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:47:31 »

Talking of Douglas and departures, I do not want to go on to the OS only to find a fucking picture of fucking Douglas holding up his nice new fucking Brentford shirt.

FUCK OFF Crash
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 17:51:15 »

.....and saying "I think Swindon will go straight back up"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: