Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 98899 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:11:24 »

perhaps the scum could put all those spare seats behind the goal and make a 4th stand? tools  Wink
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:12:10 »

flashheart, you are the latest incarnation of Bangkok Red yes?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:14:26 »

Did the Swindon team bus get attacked or is that just a bullshit rumour?
Flashheart

« Reply #603 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:15:56 »

flashheart, you are the latest incarnation of Bangkok Red yes?

The latest incarnation, yes! Yes I am Sir
Dozno9

« Reply #604 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:17:17 »

Enough said about their fans but when you have 200 odd coppers stood in their section and fuck all in ours it says one thing really.

We just didn't turn up and I would like to thank Paolo for coming over and apologising and making the bigger picture and although we lost both games we were by far the better team in both and our league position shows this.

BTW the left side, right side thing the announcer did before the game was an embarrassment.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:18:12 »

The latest incarnation, yes! Yes I am Sir
in the nicest, least confrontational way, how do you know connell misses lots of chances?xx

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:18:37 »

Back after drowning my sorrows down the Harvester.

Was pretty much similar to the game back in August in that, during a short spell, poor defending from balls into the box and set pieces cost us. We dominated possession but lacked the proverbial cutting edge up front and were frustratingly Arsenal-esque in trying to walk the ball into the back of the net, rather than playing simple balls.

I love the passion and desire Paolo instills in this side but today we lacked any of that desire. We didn't chase the second balls down, gave the scum too much time on the ball and were pretty toothless up front.

Constable's sending off happened right in front of us and I think he had to go. Sure, Devera was all over him, but using your elbow is a red card offence whether you like it or not.

Overall, not a great first trip to that shithole, but today could've been a whole lot worse, with results going pretty well regarding us. We must get back on track on Tuesday though.
Flashheart

« Reply #607 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:23:51 »

in the nicest, least confrontational way, how do you know connell misses lots of chances?xx

Because I remember them well from the commentary. Not just from the radio but also from the matchday threads.

He did have a run in the team when there were injuries and he spurned chance after chance. He didn't take his chance and when other players were back, they took his place. I remember well saying this to JJ at the time it was happening. There was even a big discussion about it between the commentary team about why it was. Perhaps a lack of confidence?

Then he pops up with a couple of goals, gets a start and continues to miss the easy goals.

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:25:41 by Flashheart » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:24:41 »

Bit surprised at some of the comments on here, I know people are trying to not get to down about it all but 'no damage done today', wtf. We've just lost home and away to the scum and no damage has been done?  That says a lot about the way we view this derby. One side get their heart and soul into it, and the other (us) just think we have to turn up to win.

I've been seething all afternoon, sounds strange but those tossers who played today, especially the ones who played in August, should be holding their heads in shame.

Top of the table and for today I lost a bit of respect for our lot. I know it sounds stupid but that's the way I feel. Wembley feels like a nothing match in comparison today, and promotion is the least they can do to makes amends. Even if we win the title at this moment in time I feel it'd be slightly tarnished by the two defeats to them.

Good job time's a healer, cos at the moment OUFC deserve the credit and have made our lot look likes mugs, 10 men and lost 2-0.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:25:49 »

I remember he missed a few against Wimbledon.

On a side note - I'm not going to go through the thread so could someone post a quick summery of the Matt Ritchie ball boy incident.

I've read everything from he tried to take the ball back, to he assaulted him, to he kicked him in the face, to he raped him.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:27:46 »

Connell has alot to his game,a good all rounder imo. Impressed me from the first time i saw him play.
 I'm baffled as to why he plays then gets dropped all the time without any reason i can see.

Connell does seem to have more of an impact when he comes off the bench.  As does Murray if we're honest.

Its an area PDC will have to address in the summer.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #611 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:28:07 »

Its so deflating and devestating losing that game, but Paolo's post match show of passion raving the fans up soon ended that feeling and instilled alot of fan unity and passion in the stands.

Had we played a quicker tempo today and stopped fannying about with the ball at the back, allowing oxford to get back to their defensive positions, we may well of scored, but hey ho, we are still top of the league !

Thoughts go out to Rockin Robins mum who got her head smashed in by a ripped up chair being flung at her by an oxford mong
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:28:17 »

The scum were timewasting from the moment Constable went off. Even the ballboys were at it. From where I was stood, it looked like frustration got to Ritchie and he grabbed the ball back off of the ballboy to place it down for a goalkick. Massive over-reaction from the scum, however.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:28:43 »

Just went to get the ball off the ball boy. That was it. End of.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:29:57 »

i wonder if the ref had to justify that yellow, it seemed nonsensical

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: