Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 98897 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #585 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:00:46 »

we didn't stretch them more at the back
there will be fair amount of that going on in Scumland tonight
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:02:48 »

That was the first time since the 8th October that we have conceded more than one goal in a league game [url width=150 height=180]http://www.availableforpanto.com/statto.bmp[/url]
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:05:02 »

Managed to get a ticket at the end and left and left calne at 11am.

Got in the ground just as they scored the second......

Enjoyed the game strangely but disappointed that we didn't stretch them more at the back....the miss at the end summed us up....we could still be out there now and not score.

Goals win games and not possession....

PDC at the end was quality............I feltvlike we had won!!

Roll on daggers and hopefully another three points towards the title.

Oh yeah....got a parking ticket....cunts!

Onwards

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:05:41 »

Fucking ipad

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:11:57 »

I'm a bit difficult to miss.

Did you eat your tomatoes?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:12:09 »

Managed to get a ticket at the end and left and left calne at 11am.

Got in the ground just as they scored the second......

Good going Yes
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #591 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:12:32 »

*Goading their fans, to the point where they ripped their own seats out. (apparently injured one of ours tho, twats).

There was a women of about 50 who had a deep cut to her head from that thrown seat. I also had to shield the little'un from a smoke bomb that was thrown into our supports. Absolute fucking wasters. Watch the football you cunts. If you want a fight stick them in an enclosed space and let them have it amongst themselves, last man standing. Although I would imagine you don't get injured by waving your arms and gesturing at one another!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:15:32 »

3 points clear with a game in hand.
13 points clear of our friends down the road.

Results from everywhere else have definately softened the blow of the defeat earlier on!

Oh and Gillingham's away support at Plymouth today was fucking horrific and fat bald cunt shouting abuse at me in my Town shirt playing footie made my day, fucking pikey.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:33:20 »

I feel rough as arseholes. Caught some virus that my mate Pete described as yellow fever. The heating is turned up to 27 c and I'm shivering to death. Chalkies Shorts is a gent ! In other news, Charlie Henry likes a beer !
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:35:39 »

Not been back long.

Disappointing to lose to them again but we are still in a great position. Other results went for us so the damage really was minimal. Fair play to them, they defended well for 80 minutes and we couldn't break them down.

I was feeling really down after the game and then Paolo came over to the Town fans and really got them going again, I absolutley love his passion. He was pointing at the Pox fans and then pointing down, then pointing to us and pointing up  Smiley

The pox fans really are utter scum, not only were they awful and got out sung by 1200 but they were throwing seats, bottles, coins and fuck knows what else.

Obviously i'm dissapointed, but with other results, it really isn't a big deal. We were always likely to lose again before then end of the season, it was a shame it was against them but oh well, onwards and upwards.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #595 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:38:32 »

Bodin on: I like Connell myself. Really I do. However, he has been missing sitters all season long and I remember commenting a while ago that he cannot complain if he is dropped (after missing yet more sitters). He has been given chances in the squad yet hasn't taken them. He doesn't seem to perform well when given starts. Yes, he does pop up with some important goals which makes everybody (understandably) want him to play but that is just papering over the cracks. I also remember reading the washbag article which details how Connell doesn't seem to 'attack' enough for a striker. A good player yes, but being a good player alone won't deliver the goals.

To my mind Connell's strength is his hold up play rather than being an all out attacker. The goals are a bonus.
Now if we had someone with pace with an eye for goal we'd be laughing

All things considered with the other results today, not too much damage done

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:42:26 »

Connell has alot to his game,a good all rounder imo. Impressed me from the first time i saw him play.
 I'm baffled as to why he plays then gets dropped all the time without any reason i can see.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:58:29 »

Connell would've been ineffective today purely because fucking duberry was having a stormer. We need to get around the back of them but failed to do that unfortunately.

What annoyed me today were the moaners. Moan fucking moan. We've lost one in god knows how many?! Yes it was against oxford but saturdays game against Cheltenham is much more important as far as the season goes.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #598 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 18:59:28 »

Connell has alot to his game,a good all rounder imo. Impressed me from the first time i saw him play.
 I'm baffled as to why he plays then gets dropped all the time without any reason i can see.

He misses too many sitters. Lots.

Yes, he offers more in that he can hold the ball up well but in a game like today's you don't need somebody to hold up the ball. The ball's already there. You don't want the ball held up in front of defence you want the ball penetrating the defence, getting behind the defence. That's not what Alan Connell does, but it is something that Billy Bodin can do. Pace and trickery.

Horses for courses.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:09:22 »

Little bit pissed now after shocking day when:

(a) my team didn't turn up for a local derby; and
(b) had to take my little one to A&E after getting a bump on his head.  (He's fine.)

Whilst gutted, I just want to say:

(c) the beer that our friends visiting this weekend from Swindon brought along is delicious (it's from the place that used to be the Archer's brewery near Rodbourne), apparently, now a micro brewery...you lot will know what it's called;
(d) thanks to all the other sides at the top for sweetening the pill of defeat: Chelts, Crawley, Shrews...you did us proud; and
(e) I still fucking love you, Swindon.

Just because you got bashed about a bit by a munter/harridan called Oxford today, it doesn't make you any less beautiful to me.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 19:13:35 by Ardiles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: