Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TheWashbag Podcast Episode 10 - Takeover, Ritchie Sold & Di Canio's Future  (Read 1797 times)
the washbag

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 10:10:12 »

Listen to the latest episode of TheWashbag.com Swindon Town FC Podcast.

Host Christopher Panks is joined by Ron Smith – Editor of TheWashbag.com – and Sam Morshead – chief sports writer at the Swindon Advertiser.

After one of the most turbulent weeks at the County Ground, the three reflect on the ramifications of the impending takeover by Jed McCrory’s consortium, the fire-sale of Matt Ritchie’s transfer to AFC Bournemouth and Paolo Di Canio’s future at STFC.

We try to answer your questions on the takeover, including the reasons why Andrew Black is seeking new investment; who is Jed McCrory; why the prospective new owners are keeping their silence; how essential was it to sell Matt Ritchie to stave off administration; and when will the takeover be formalised.

Follow to download, streaming and iTunes links - http://thewashbag.com/2013/02/03/podcast-episode-10-takeover-ritchie-sold-di-canios-future/

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:56:15 »

A couple of general points about the podcast.

1) I 'enjoyed' it, if that's the right word for such subject matter! Good work.
2) The sound seems a bit quiet - I've had to crank my volume up a fair bit to make out what's being said at certain parts of the podcast.

I'm more of the opinion that the January deadline for the takeover completion was probably more in line with the transfer window rather than the annual return. The annual return is made up to 2nd January 2012 (it's this one which was due on the 31st Jan 2013). The one to 2nd January 2013 won't be due until next year. So I think the company structure/takeover deadline is fairly irrelevant.

What's the source of the £3.5-4m secured debt figure? I keep hearing/reading this but I don't know where it has come from (the club itself?). Also, will this not be written off by A Black or Sir M Arbib?
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:58:23 by Simon Pieman » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 12:16:29 »

Also 'enjoyed' it. Agree about the volume though. Can you zap it up a bit next time?

Many thanks, good work.
wigglesworth

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 12:31:39 »

Very good listen. Balanced honest and unbiased discussion, thanks Thumb.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:05:08 »

Thanks for the feedback, we're looking into adjusting the volumes.

kaufman

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:40:34 »

They've just put a new version now that's louder

Love the Washbag podcasts, wish people would share them about a lot more
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:56:45 »

They've just put a new version now that's louder

Love the Washbag podcasts, wish people would share them about a lot more
So are you not capable of looking on their website then??
kaufman

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:03:44 »

yes, yes i am, I don't understand your point, or question i should say.

anyway, Glad they've done one around this time, hopefully people will take a listen
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:07:25 by kaufman » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:18:23 »

yes, yes i am, I don't understand your point, or question i should say.

anyway, Glad they've done one around this time, hopefully people will take a listen
You said you wish they would share them about more. I took that to mean put up links on here for you or something. I take it that was not what you meant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: