Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Open Questions For Mark D.  (Read 5860 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 09:47:30 »

To be honest, if the company I worked for was going down the pan due to some very key workers underperforming and the companies management having no idea and I saw them out having a laugh getting wrecked, it would piss me off.  I'm not saying they'd be in the wrong, but I wouldn't be able to help feeling pissed off with them.

Having said that however, I for one do not begrudge any bloke the chance of going out on a Saturday night and drowning their sorrows.  But they do run the risk of having some supporters giving them some grief.
Amir

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 10:04:25 »

I think we're only getting relegated because some of the players heard 'down' and 'league', and thought they would get a three mile pub crawl with drinking games if they carried on being shit.

Only a rumour, except that it's 100% correct.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 16:13:52 »

if the player or players in question hadnt of got progressivly worse since they've been here I dont suppose it would be an issue.

It just seems there is some sort of pattern

joins team
plays well
becomes part of team
starts to hang out with the players
gets worse

This has happened plenty over the last couple of years. Brian Howard, Sammy Igoe, Andy Nicholas, Sean O'Hanlon...more recently Michael Pook & Aaron Brown...

Maybe I'm being harsh but each one of those players mentioned had brilliant starts to their Swindon careers (ok pook maybe wasnt brilliant, but he did alright at the start of the season) and have got worse

This could be down to anything and everything really....but they have all got worse...and I wouldnt mind if all of those mentioned (who are still here) never played for us again
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 17:51:20 »

Think Mark D should come on the pitch after the Huddersfield game to get a rendition of 'There's only one Mark Devlin' from the fans so we can show our appreciation for all the hard work he is putting into the club.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 20:14:30 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Think Mark D should come on the pitch after the Huddersfield game to get a rendition of 'There's only one Mark Devlin' from the fans so we can show our appreciation for all the hard work he is putting into the club.

Yes
fatbury

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 27, 2006, 20:19:15 »

if only we had a few players with that kind of hard work ethic !

well done Mark D .. i know you are giving it your all .. Power was a major coup ..

And i hope the experienced manager you have in mind (cos as nice as Iffy is .. he really hasnt got that experience we need right now) is Ian Holloway

Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 28, 2006, 11:37:05 »

also....can we sign Kevin Horlock....I believe he is out of contract in the summer and turned down Doncasters offer.....Swindon is his apodted home and his wife is a Swindon girl, plus he is still a good expirenced player... Cheesy
McLovin

« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 28, 2006, 11:49:01 »

I'd never return to an apodted home...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 28, 2006, 11:57:36 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I'd never return to an apodted home...

fuck off

adopted*

Point still stands....bring back Horlock
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 28, 2006, 22:24:55 »

Horlock coming back would be the best signing ever.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 7, 2006, 14:56:00 »

Mark, since Mr Power's arrival at SN1, has there been any change on Iffy's spending budget for the summer?

We as fans don't expect millions of pounds spent, just some fresh faces who want to play for this great football club and get us out of league 2.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2006, 19:47:19 »

Mr Devlin are you out there??!  Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: