Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: gary speed  (Read 17222 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:46:24 »

Tut tut, out of order.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 16:52:54 »

No disrespect but hanging yourself is the 'wrong' way to go. What about the poor person who found him?

It is shocking news, was a great player in his time but must have had under lying issues somewhere.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 16:55:22 »

What a waste of life. His wife and children are the ones i really feel sorry for
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 17:16:01 »

No disrespect but hanging yourself is the 'wrong' way to go. What about the poor person who found him?

I suppose if your state of mind is such that dying seems better than living then you aren't really thinking about that

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 17:29:43 »

Marriage problems apparently

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 18:26:58 »

Had a long and very decent playing career. Not one anyone would have seen coming,very sad.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 18:32:36 »

It does have a few echoes for me as a guy who I knew from a venue in Liverpool (who strangely enough used to be a youth player with leeds) took his life earlier this year.  It seems he had marriage problems.  I experienced the same sort of shock today reading about Speed as I did with this chap.  You just never would have known. 

Depression is a fucking terrible, hidden, disease that those experiencing do so internally, never letting anyone in to try to help them.

Just terrible.

Never knowingly overstated.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 18:58:44 »

Life must be very tough when you have the money of an ex-pro footballer...

Very odd, and as has been said didn't seem depressed yesterday.  I've always seen suicide (if it was indeed suicide) as somewhat selfish, but then that's perhaps illustrating my ignorance of depression.  Feel for his family more than anything...

Had a few Speedo jokes through on my mobile today, but can't say any are particularly original/funny...
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:01:47 »

RIP Gary
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:04:25 »

Life must be very tough when you have the money of an ex-pro footballer...

Very odd, and as has been said didn't seem depressed yesterday.  I've always seen suicide (if it was indeed suicide) as somewhat selfish, but then that's perhaps illustrating my ignorance of depression.  Feel for his family more than anything...

Had a few Speedo jokes through on my mobile today, but can't say any are particularly original/funny...

Depression is a serious illness. Doesn't matter if you have money or not. Shame there are too many people like you that are ignorant of that fact. Educate yourself.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:09:13 »

This was probably a rash moment of madness.....it is a bit of a myth that most suicides are by depressed people....its usually news or anger that causes a person to flip...or maybe drink or drugs so you are not sound of mind when you do the awfull deed.

Most depressed people get help before it gets to the awfull moment of self harm....of course not all sadly.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:14:32 »

I'm sure more will come to light.
 The gutter press hound his wife and family and dig up all sorts of shit about the bloke.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:30:13 »

I'm sure more will come to light.
 The gutter press hound his wife and family and dig up all sorts of shit about the bloke.

So true.

The first site I saw with the news of this was the Daily Mail site - obviously straight down to his house as you can see from one of the photos:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2066812/Gary-Speed-dead-Wales-football-manager-commits-suicide-42.html

Fucking vultures.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:32:54 »

After hearing the accounts of various celebrities during last week i was disgusted with what was said. It really was appalling. Being a hypocrite i still bought the sun yesterday and the sunday mirror today though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:45:17 »

Starting to get a little pissed off with the 'he seemed fine on Football Focus yesterday' comments. Of course he did, he was a professional. What do you expect for him to turn up an unshaven mess, a man on the edge, holding back tears with every sentence? Then if he did this we could all post 'I thought he seemed a bit upset yesterday'.

I'd be interested in hearing more from Leefer on his 'bit of a myth' comment. I have no evidence to the contrary but if his post is backed up by fact that should be an interesting read. I'd have thought a lot of suicide victims have mental issues, as surely no right monded individual would ever think killing themselves is a good idea. I thought it was for people who genuinely think they have issues that they just can't see an end to or an alternative.

Such a sad way to end what seemed a brilliant life. Well played Gary, you had the respect of a nation I'd say, a footballer who didn't divide opinion, which makes a change thesedays.

Sad day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: