Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43620 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #540 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:26:24 »

I think we can win the next 5 games on the spin. But the players, particularly the defence need to wake up, we cannot keep starting games so slowly. They need to get out of bed half an hour earlier or something.

Orient is now a pressure game, they need to correct the woeful performance of the League Cup 1st round and really go at them from the off.

I hope with Charlie now back, we will go 4-4-2 with JPM on the right wing and Ritchie on the left. Either Ball or Pericard will have to sit on the bench. Caddis and Sheehan to come back in. But if Wilson doesnt do that Im not going to cry about it, like some people seem to.

We have missed certain players badly, and not just Charlie. Sheehan ran the game up at Walsall, he was absolutely superb.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:27:57 »

I think we can win the next 5 games on the spin. But the players, particularly the defence need to wake up, we cannot keep starting games so slowly. They need to get out of bed half an hour earlier or something.

Orient is now a pressure game, they need to correct the woeful performance of the League Cup 1st round and really go at them from the off.

I hope with Charlie now back, we will go 4-4-2 with JPM on the right wing and Ritchie on the left. Either Ball or Pericard will have to sit on the bench. Caddis and Sheehan to come back in. But if Wilson doesnt do that Im not going to cry about it, like some people seem to.

We have missed certain players badly, and not just Charlie. Sheehan ran the game up at Walsall, he was absolutely superb.

Dropping Ball would be riduculous, Mcgovern needs to be dropped..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:02:27 »

Next week I want to see:

Smith

Caddis  Cuthbert  Morrison  Rose/Sheehan

JPM  Ferry  Douglas  Ritchie

Ball  Austin
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #543 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:05:42 »

Next week I want to see:

Smith

Caddis  Cuthbert  Morrison  Rose/Sheehan

JPM  Ferry  Douglas  Ritchie

Ball  Austin

I'd just make 2 changes - Lucas for Smith unless Lucas is injured. I'd also have a look at Nathan Thompson instead of Caddis - oh and Sheehan ahead of Rose. I think we need to go back to 4-4-2. 
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:14:01 »

Sheehan's the better player without doubt, but Rose hasn't done much wrong. He's probably been one of our best players last few weeks.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:17:17 »

Smith

Caddis    Morrison   Cuthbert   Rose

Prutton    Douglas  Ferry

Ball                                            Ritchie
                      Austin

In my opinion the attack does not need to altered if we can score 4 away from home.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:26:37 »

Slightly off topic, but has anybody else noticed what bollocks the game stats on the BBC, O/S etc are. Says we only had 4 on target. But 4 goals 2 blinding saves, and the one from JPM = 7 on target. Who actually reports those as they are way off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:28:35 »

Morrison on the top of his game will give you 8 out of 10.
Greer at the top of his game will only give you a 7 out of 10.

However, when Morrison has a poor game, he's poor and will give you a 4 out of 10. Greer on a bad day will only go as low as a 6 out of 10. Much less variation between his best and worst. Much more consistent

Morrison and Cuthbert as a partnership probably only give you a 6 out of 10, where as a Greer and Cuthbert partnership gives you 8 out of 10

...if any of that made sense.
It kind of does and I think you're right but the attempt to put numbers on it makes it look like it's a statistical fact of some form. Whereas clearly it's not demonstrable in quite that way. It's a bit more paranormal than that
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:34:15 »

I think 442 is the formation we need to be playing.

For me there are questions as to personal in the fullback areas, think Caddis could work really well with JP down the right and if Sheehan is fit I'd bring him back in as I think him and Ritchie down the left could well be the most important area of the pitch for us.

I'd go the same midfield as last season with Ritchie in for Ward obviously and Ball up front with Austin - they're both capable of working the channels and moving with the ball themselves.  I quite like Vince but he is limited - the type of player he is always will be as even the averagely good ones are in the Prem - look at Kenwy Jones - he does his best and tries to bring other people into the game but I think our game would imrove with better movement up front.

I'm looking forward do seeing us at full stength because I genuinly believe we have what it takes once we're there and think we will take somebody to the cleaners very soon.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 13:47:20 »

It kind of does and I think you're right but the attempt to put numbers on it makes it look like it's a statistical fact of some form. Whereas clearly it's not demonstrable in quite that way. It's a bit more paranormal than that

I did try and write it about 3 or 4 times - this way made the most sense but as you said its not perfect. Its a hard opinion to put directly into words or equations.

Good Morrison > Good Greer > Bad Greer > Bad Morrison
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 13:53:24 »

I think you've pretty much got that right, Dave/DV.

I don't think everything's all rosey. Not by any stretch. But I still don't think things are as bad as is being made out. It's been said countless time that we haven't replaced what we lost and that is still correct! There's still plenty of time left this season and having seen how desperate other teams than just ourselves are to chuck away points, I don't think we'll at any point be out of the running for where we want to be this season. Some intelligent buys in January and we could all be looking back on this and thinking what were we getting so stressed out for.

Things are not great, but they aren't as bad as some people seem to be making out. The formations have been hit and miss, but the ones employed yesterday and vs Rovers seem to allow us to attack quite well. This may have hampered a couple of star performers from last season, but over all it seems to work. We just need to sort the defence out and we all know what we need there...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #551 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 17:30:17 »

I think 442 is the formation we need to be playing.

The 4-5-1 looks good I think.

I'd go:

Lucas (if fit)

Caddis
Cuthbert
Morrison
Sheehan

Douglas
Ferry

Ball
Prutton
Ritchie

Austin
jb

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 17:31:21 »

The 4-5-1 looks good I think.

I'd go:

Lucas (if fit)

Caddis
Cuthbert
Morrison
Sheehan

Douglas
Ferry

Ball
Prutton
Ritchie

Austin

Spot on. Keep the formation thats scoring us goals
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 18:38:41 »

Spot on. Keep the formation thats scoring us goals

But its also conceding for us too! Its not just the back 4 that is the problem (in my opinion obviously).

I don't the answer mind, I don't know what our best formation/starting 11 is right now.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 19:00:37 »

Havent looked back through the thread..iwill do that tomorrow..but....went to see my old village team play as i had a family commitment in the evening.

Fucking mobile was bleeping non stop with updates.

Watched the highlights last night...woeful defending al round.

Last season we let in last minute goals, this season we give the oppo 15 minutes of fill yer boots 'free time' (Plymuff, Gas and PBoro).

Wilson has to slam the brakes on.

Mankys own goal sums up his form...gutted for him as i rate him.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: