Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43620 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 17:35:55 »

Think i know him, Matt Romain.

Unless we happen to know two different Matt Romains, it's not him. Will have to do as Batch commands though.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 17:41:22 »

You can expect to get something out of it if you bring it back to 3-3 though. Or 4-4. We should have got a point. Simple as.

Agreed, not being able to see out a game again is not good enough.  Sadly my negativity when we went 4-3 down essentially ended up being correct, although I wish to god it hadn't been.  I'm still distraught over it all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 17:44:00 »

Agreed, not being able to see out a game again is not good enough.  Sadly my negativity when we went 4-3 down essentially ended up being correct, although I wish to god it hadn't been.  I'm still distraught over it all.

It's a game of football....not worth getting het up over. I'm going to go and find out the last time we scored 4 away and lost.

Answer Dec 34, lost 4-7 at Watford.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 17:51:34 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #513 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 17:56:01 »

Can't be arsed to read through this lot, obviously I'm disappointed with result especially after levelling twice, so I'm going to concentrate on the positives

1. We scored Four
2. We scored Four away from home
3. Charlie's back
4. Charlie scored
5. stfcinbmth has still not seen Sir Charles miss a penalty

That'll do it for me

Oh and must have been a great game tho
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 18:13:41 »

Oh and must have been a great game tho

Not really, it was a case of two teams that don't know how to defend properly.

Only positive that I can see, they are up at the top end of the league (2nd now I think), and there really wasn't an awful lot to choose between the two sides.

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 18:17:44 »

Not really, it was a case of two teams that don't know how to defend properly.

Only positive that I can see, they are up at the top end of the league (2nd now I think), and there really wasn't an awful lot to choose between the two sides.

how did we line up today?
was manks poor or just the scapegoat for mindless cretins?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 18:18:20 »

I do think Pboro away is a bit of a one off this season....had we gone there sneaked a 1-0, or even a 0-0 I'd quite expect us to finish there or thereabouts.

There are a number of positives to take from this game.....
Like everyone i am pissed that we lost after pulling 3 goals back, the issue as the Plymufff game seems to be the first 10 minutes and the last couple of minutes
I agree with Reg there are some positives to be taken from this game
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 18:31:20 »

how did we line up today?
was manks poor or just the scapegoat for mindless cretins?

Line up & formation was the same as Monday.

None of the defense played particularly well (especially in the first 25-30 mins), but I wouldn't say Manks was any worse than the others.

Think it was just easy to point the finger because he scored the OG, but in all fairness had Morrison taken one of his opportunities to clear the ball it wouldn't have happened.

I think it's just a trait that a lot of fans have, every season they have someone who takes the blame, it's almost as if by doing that the others can be let off for making mistakes & poor games.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 18:39:23 »

Also Rose could have quite easily taken a yellow for the team by taking the guy down just outside the box before the og.

Some positives today but in general against any sort of pace up front we look awful in defence, against any sort of strength in midfield we can't cope.

Fortunately there are goals in the side but a lot of that will depend on whether we can keep Ritchie any longer than the initial month.

As has been said both teams were very poor defensively but you have to question what they were training toward during the week, we know boro are going to try and attack with pace and in numbers so why did we allow them to so much until 3-0?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #519 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 18:41:39 »

The positives to take are that Austin is back and came out of the game well and that we have found a source for more goals with Ritchie and Ball getting goals today, ball has 3 in 3'now, could be a very key player, we're
Having a gang bang, we're having a ball, we're having a gangbang with David Ball
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 19:49:22 »

Not sure where to start with that game!  Neither side could defend and could easily have been 7-7!  Disappointed to lose a 9-goal game in that way but was just a crazy, crazy game!

Our defence was very poor but have to give credit to Peterborough - they looked very good going forward with some slick one touch passing and movement at times, and they pour forward in numbers when they attack.  They've already put 5 past Huddersfield at London Road this season, and I dare say some other teams will concede a lot of goals there before the season is out.

Going forward we looked dangerous as well and could have had more than the 4 - even though 2 of the 4 goals were gifted to us (one by their keeper, and one by their no 14).  Austin coming back linked up really well with Ball & Ritchie and look forward to seeing him playing there more often in this new formation (if we stick with it).

Defence though struggled - but i think today was the hardest test we'll have away from home this season.  Big Kev looked good going forward today, but poor at times at the back - 4th goal looked as though he may have been at fault - not much he could do about the og though, was reminiscent of Greer's at Millwall last season.  Morrison should have got rid of the ball miles before the cross came in though in the first place - someone else who had a poor game.

Overall disappointing to lose such an exciting game in that manner - but if we can continue to attack like that with Charlie leading the attack now then we will score goals, but we do need to get that defence shored up ASAP!

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:03:38 »

BBC once more prove their worth.

"The Bees levelled again when Charlie Lee handballed to allow Austin to score from the spot"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:06:28 »

BBC once more prove their worth.

"The Bees levelled again when Charlie Lee handballed to allow Austin to score from the spot"
To be fair, our own website says "Both sides had chances in the time remaining with Swindon defending resolutely to secure a share of the spoils after a topsy-turvy clash at London Road."
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:10:28 »

Not back long.

Fucking gutted to lose that after we did so well to get back into it.

Basically, if it wasnt for the defence we would have won that.

We looked great going forward. Ball, Ritchie and Charlie when he came on were great.

If we can sort our defence out and continue to attack like we did today then there is no reason why we cant make play offs, otherwise we are in for a fairly average mid table season.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 20:15:24 »

To be fair, our own website says "Both sides had chances in the time remaining with Swindon defending resolutely to secure a share of the spoils after a topsy-turvy clash at London Road."

That's what happens if you have a report ready to go before the final whistle!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: