Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are we not going to bother with strikers next season?  (Read 2094 times)
Reeves for King

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 21:53:43 »

Forgive my cynicism but we er don't appear to have any, well not any that are either proven at this level, ones who are likely to set the league alight or ones that have names we can pronounce :?  I don't think 10 centre halves will work all that well somehow, reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a boxer and wins by keeping geeting punched untiil they are so knackered he can push them over. :shock:

Come on Sturrock. find em

here's the man himself when you need him?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 22:12:10 »

Well there is Blair Sturrock (waits for everyone apart from Bennett to tell me he is shit) and at a push Jake Hyde and Andy Caton.....plus just under 4 weeks till the season starts to plenty of time

If we are that desperate we could always push Peacock or Roberts up top as well.
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 22:25:08 »

I don't really understand the simpsons analogy
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 22:38:31 »

Quote from: "Reeves for King"
... not any that are either proven at this level, ones who are likely to set the league alight ....

So what. Parkin anyone?

He was shit before he came to us, he was unloved and little was expected of him by onlookers. He cost £50k and i doubt many people expected him to set the league alight.

With our club the way it is, getting a "name" or someone proven is pretty fucking unlikely.

Unproven and unknown would cost less and should they come good, we'd fucking love the cunts. I like the idea of an unknown more, i love the unknown factor and low expectation. You just never know what may happen.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 23:08:51 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
Quote from: "Reeves for King"
... not any that are either proven at this level, ones who are likely to set the league alight ....

So what. Parkin anyone?

He was shit before he came to us, he was unloved and little was expected of him by onlookers. He cost £50k and i doubt many people expected him to set the league alight.

With our club the way it is, getting a "name" or someone proven is pretty fucking unlikely.

Unproven and unknown would cost less and should they come good, we'd fucking love the cunts. I like the idea of an unknown more, i love the unknown factor and low expectation. You just never know what may happen.

too true, there's nothing like discovering a new hero where you least expect it.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 03:29:15 »

That's what England did in the World Cup, with the exception of Rooney.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 08:00:25 »

Quote from: "DV"
Well there is Blair Sturrock (waits for everyone apart from Bennett to tell me he is shit) and at a push Jake Hyde and Andy Caton.....plus just under 4 weeks till the season starts to plenty of time

If we are that desperate we could always push Peacock or Roberts up top as well.

I don't think Blair's shit, alongside the right kind of striker and he'd be a valuable asset and as a sub he's pretty good to be fair to the bloke.

As for Caton there is some doubt whether he'll get back to where he was, I hope he makes it, but it's not looking good.

I don't have any concerns at present Sturrock (Paul) will do what's best.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 08:50:54 »

If Blair Sturrock had pace and a left foot he'd be playing at a higher level.

He's not as bad as people make him out to be.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 08:58:07 »

He's not bad, he's just not going to get you the 20 goals that people so desperately gibber on about.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 09:39:36 »

I'm sure the striker situation will be sorted in time. Tbh people are forgetting that Barry Corr will only really miss 3 or 4 games as well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 09:39:52 »

You don't need a 20 a goal striker, as long as others are chipping in with their fair share.  I don't think Plymouth had a 20 a goal striker went they were promoted from this leage a few years back.  I could be wrong there.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 09:42:12 »

Quote from: "janaage"
You don't need a 20 a goal striker, as long as others are chipping in with their fair share.  I don't think Plymouth had a 20 a goal striker went they were promoted from this leage a few years back.  I could be wrong there.

Precisely my point. I's still prefer to have someone quicker alongside Corr in the starting eleven though.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 09:46:18 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I thought Couglan was the leading scorer, about 14 goals!  Reminds of the Shaun Taylor days!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 12:12:00 »

David Friio chipped in with a fair few as well
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 20, 2007, 12:56:03 »

FRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: