Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: News on SSP  (Read 2342 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 09:56:30 »

A compromise reached with Chelski apparently.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/news_headlines_story.asp
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 09:59:24 »

So the money grabbing rich bastards still wont let us off the amount due .. like THEY need the money ... so much for helping out the smaller clubs .. Chelsea are ruining the game slowly ... :fu:
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:01:48 »

At least anything extra will go some way to clearing that payment to the creditors though.
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:02:38 »

yes but its like asking for 5p change .... as far as they are concerned
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:17:03 »

Call me old fashioned, but I believe a deal is a deal, even if its struck betwen a prince and a pauper.....we agreed a deal with Chelsea and should abide by it. :old:
Asher

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:21:09 »

Agree with you Reg, this is business at the end of the day
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 10:22:15 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Call me old fashioned, but I believe a deal is a deal, even if its struck betwen a prince and a pauper.....we agreed a deal with Chelsea and should abide by it. :old:

I agree - anything Chelsea agree to waive is a bonus - we knew the rules of the contract when we bought him and still went ahead with it.

To say it is unfair that Chelsea have not allowed us to keep the lot is foolish, regardless of whether they could afford to do it or not.
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:40:39 »

That waiver campaign was a tad on the embarassing side to say the least.

We may be skint but but there's no need to go begging, at least not quite so publicly like that.

Fair play to Chelsea though, can't see it lasting.

Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:47:05 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I agree - anything Chelsea agree to waive is a bonus - we knew the rules of the contract when we bought him and still went ahead with it.

To say it is unfair that Chelsea have not allowed us to keep the lot is foolish, regardless of whether they could afford to do it or not.

Yep, the fact that they have let ud off anything is a bonus.

If I were Chief Exec of chelsea, with no feelings at all for STFC, then I wouldnt have comprimised at all.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 11:54:09 »

my first impression was, that nothing has been done we still have to pay Chelsea the full amout just we are wrapping it like some kind of victory when it isnt...almost like the whole spurs season long loan thingy
kick_ass1987

« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 12:06:55 »

Yeah fair play to chelski, all they had to do was point to the contract and say you signed it..... so to let us off and let us keep a bit of it, is very kind, even though they dont need the money thats not the point.
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 13:14:58 »

Quote from: "Asher"
Agree with you Reg, this is business at the end of the day

Yeah i suppose Chelsea would go under without our little sell on fee owed to them!. :evil:
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 14:29:44 »

Guess what-the actual details are "confidential"-more darkness for Town fans!As Charlie Rich once said"We'll NEVER know what goes on behind closed doors" at this club.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kick_ass1987

« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 14:52:32 »

Yeah i never understand that, they all say "Fans run football clubs" yet we know jack shit, about what happens  :?
McLovin

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 19, 2005, 14:56:29 »

Some know jack shit about anything, it would seem...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: